Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2019 Texans free agency

AcresHomesTexan

No Longer Arlington: Escaped From Jerry's World
Staff member
I think the conservative policy comes from the top

I would love to be proven wrong
I am convinced that it is not policy as much as a conservative organization being attracted to and hiring a GM who is already conservative. It is not like Gaine was a true outsider and didn't know how the Texans operated.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Harris can play anywhere. I would give up a 2nd to get him.

The Texans will never make a move like this because it will cut into the chances of winning the cap championship.
What did you think of the deal where we traded a 4th for a guy on the last year of his contract. Dude got hurt, we didn't resign him. We didn't have a 4th to move up to get Dillard race?

beerlover

Hall of Fame
What did you think of the deal where we traded a 4th for a guy on the last year of his contract. Dude got hurt, we didn't resign him. We didn't have a 4th to move up to get Dillard race?
Howard was their target but would have targeted Miles Sanders, RB Penn State, who Philly took right before Texans selection 2-22. He would have helped Texans, Watson, Howard and offense more in general. Now that would’ve been sweet payback :chickendance:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I would've made that deal in a heartbeat.

Too bad it didn't work out.

badboy

Hall of Fame
Don't understand the backlash towards Colvin. He wasn't bad as the slot guy.... when he was healthy & as we saw later in the year when he wasn't playing, the issues weren't necessarily with his play, it was a defensive/secondary problem as a whole.
Colvin didn't want to play slot rather he wants outside where he didn't do well. I suppose we will see if he plays slot and how well this season. When he returned from injury I think he was impacted psychologically.

gafftop

All Pro
Rick, he gone. OB no clue on QB talent, see Mallett, Savage... We know that. What is OB good at is playing the politics game.

My concern is they are standing pat at WR and RB. Fuller will not stay healthy, my opinion. I don't think Foreman will be a big contributor. Maybe he worked off all his fat, but he is known to be a little lax in his conditioning. Hopkins will be nullified if no other viable offensive weapons. I would have taken a chance on RCobb I think. We can't go into draft still needing OL, CB, WR, RB,.... The problem with this staff is they are drunk on their own kool aid.
Brain trust just now figuring it out after it slaps them in the face!!!!!!! Always after the fact. Really our backup is Webb at QB and McCarron. BOB can't see past today. The quote above in March of this year.

281Texan

Waterboy
Brain trust just now figuring it out after it slaps them in the face!!!!!!! Always after the fact. Really our backup is Webb at QB and McCarron. BOB can't see past today. The quote above in March of this year.
Only thing I disagree with is Hopkins being nullified. Dude is hands down the best receiver in the league. But yes, OB is a total asshat. I hope we keep Clowney and go 0-16. Bring in a totally new regime (Bieneme, or Lincoln Riley) and then use our first on a top flight LT. Not a versatile guy that can play all 5 and waterboy in a pinch. Not a tweener that doesn’t have a true position so we have to use the word versatile. I want a true, rock solid, Left Tackle. I want an aggressive GM whose going to come in with a perfect situation of almost $100 million in cap space and their franchise QB on a rookie deal and I want him to spend every last dime of it on extensions to KEY players and top flight talent. I hope we lose every single game and Bill O’Brien gets banished to coaching the blue cocks in division 3. And I want the McNair’s to be so publicly shamed that they sell the team to people who actually give a **** about the city and want a winning football team more so than they want a long season ticket list. This team could literally be a super bowl contender, and the fact that it took an Andrew luck retirement to make them small favorites to win the division is just absolutely sickening.

Shame on you Bill O’Brien, and shame on you cal and Janice McNair for allowing this clown car embarrassment circus to happen for this long.

Go Astros, and go Rockets.

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Only thing I disagree with is Hopkins being nullified. Dude is hands down the best receiver in the league. But yes, OB is a total asshat. I hope we keep Clowney and go 0-16. Bring in a totally new regime (Bieneme, or Lincoln Riley) and then use our first on a top flight LT. Not a versatile guy that can play all 5 and waterboy in a pinch. Not a tweener that doesn’t have a true position so we have to use the word versatile. I want a true, rock solid, Left Tackle. I want an aggressive GM whose going to come in with a perfect situation of almost $100 million in cap space and their franchise QB on a rookie deal and I want him to spend every last dime of it on extensions to KEY players and top flight talent. I hope we lose every single game and Bill O’Brien gets banished to coaching the blue cocks in division 3. And I want the McNair’s to be so publicly shamed that they sell the team to people who actually give a **** about the city and want a winning football team more so than they want a long season ticket list. This team could literally be a super bowl contender, and the fact that it took an Andrew luck retirement to make them small favorites to win the division is just absolutely sickening.

Shame on you Bill O’Brien, and shame on you cal and Janice McNair for allowing this clown car embarrassment circus to happen for this long.

Go Astros, and go Rockets.
Seems a bit intense - but I know after watching a handful of embarrassments I'll be so pissed I'll feel the same.