Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2019 Texans free agency

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Post whatever. This thread will derail like all others.
Gaine exploring Brown/Zeifert/Flowers/Darby and every other alphabet combination including punting for a first down

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
OT Trent Brown tabbed as Bills' 'must sign' in free agency
Free agency is inching closer and closer. On March 13, the Buffalo Bills and rest of the NFL can sign whoever they want. Two days prior, negotiations can begin, but likely already have at the combine last week.

On the cusp of free agency, ESPN tabbed one pending free agent as their “must sign” player. For the Bills, it’s New England Patriots offensive tackle Trent Brown.
https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/03/09/trent-brown-tabbed-buffalo-bills-must-sign-in-free-agency/
So if there's any truth to this story certainly looks like the Bills will be among our serious competitors for Brown's services.

zshawn10

All Pro
Sources familiar with the Raiders’ thinking say they would like to use their salary-cap space on offensive players and find defensive solutions in a defense-heavy draft in which they hold four of the top 35 picks. Bell’s market has been a bit tough to figure out. I’ve heard the Jets, Ravens and Texans listed as interested teams, but no one seems to know who’s going to pay Bell $12-13 million a year or more. Jon Gruden and the Vegas-bound Raiders obviously aren’t afraid to be aggressive.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26223048/last-minute-2019-nfl-free-agency-nuggets-catch-watch-for

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
#Texans never had any real thoughs of adding Trent Brown. I know most pegged them to add him but price and red flags that came along with him, they like what the draft is offering.

— patrick (@PatDStat) March 11, 2019
Cheap bastards

In a way I hope Watson gets his f'n neck broken and they all fall flat on their faces.

I thought I would add that this is not an indictment of Watson.

You get what you pay for.

Not a damn thing has changed down on Kirby

Last edited:

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I think Brown may be another Nate Solder . Brady covers up a lot of warts .
We will see, Gruden disagrees with you.

The difference is Solder was older, Brown is a young, very good 25 yr old LT that the Texans typically dont want to spend $$$$ on. Like I said nothing hs changed and the comes directly from the top. Cal learned well from that cheap old bastard. Count your gold Cal and may your team always suck balls.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
I will take Davenport @ $645,000 over Brown @ $16,500,000.

Never pay a 1 year wonder that kind of money.
Watson's punctured lung/broken ribs call you a cheap bastard. I dont get why fans treat a cheapass billionaire's $$$$ like it's their own $$$$.

zshawn10

All Pro
The Tyrann Mathieu offer is out there on purpose. $9.5 apy is a clear sign to others wanting him to know what the mark is. Testing the market was alwyas the plan from the get go for Mathieu.

on Brown:

Texans never wanted him, no matter what was reported. Had zero to do with Oakland. https://t.co/IagTSnbHXq

ung14

Waterboy
Watson's punctured lung/broken ribs call you a cheap bastard. I dont get why fans treat a cheapass billionaire's $$$$ like it's their own $$$$.
The Texans have multiple holes. They need 2 CBs, interior pass rusher and a tackle. Not a good use of cap space to spend 16.5 mill on one guy.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
The Texans have multiple holes. They need 2 CBs, interior pass rusher and a tackle. Not a good use of cap space to spend 16.5 mill on one guy.
When Watson gets hurt again because the Texans are a cheapass org filling all of those holes (which you know isn't going to happen) isn't going to matter at all. But hey, they still have a cheap LT at
$645,000 whoo f'n hoo!!!!

Texansballer74

The Marine
When Watson gets hurt again because the Texans are a cheapass org filling all of those holes (which you know isn't going to happen) isn't going to matter at all. But hey, they still have a cheap LT at
$645,000 whoo f'n hoo!!!!

You're being extreme. Remember you are giving them a shot. So let's wait and see if they have a plan in place through the draft and the rest of free agency.

Honoring Earl 34

Something Witty !
We will see, Gruden disagrees with you.

The difference is Solder was older, Brown is a young, very good 25 yr old LT that the Texans typically dont want to spend $$$$ on. Like I said nothing hs changed and the comes directly from the top. Cal learned well from that cheap old bastard. Count your gold Cal and may your team always suck balls.
I predict Derek Carr will have more tears than the mother of the bride

Uncle Rico

Ur apology should be as loud as Ur disrespect was
Dodged a bullet with no deal with Brown. One hit wonder .. should send a commission check to Tom Brady as should Solder and any other OL that comes out of NE. Tyrann didnt take the offer I would offer the same money to Landon Collins .. Earl Thomas is coming off broken leg and he's also a free safety .. Reid is our FS of the future and he did not look good when asked to play the strong side so I would pass on the huge payday and positional obstacles of Thomas.

Crossing fingers for Leveon Bell .. would be the best back and interestingly the most similar back to Arian Foster we've had since Bobby Feeno was cut. Pay the man Brian.

Stay the course .. get your OT in the draft and plug him in day 1 to grow with Watson.

Good deals in keeping Blackson, Scarlett, Fairbairn - quality depth and value.

Still early .. RIP to my F5 key.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Good God Steel you are acting like the Texans just told Brady to take a hike. Brown had one good season and it was with the aforementioned Brady. Pretty sure Brady could win with a girl scout troop as his Oline. Of course with the Pats Oline coach that would be a pretty mean troop so there's that as well. Raiders way over paid for a guy that has not proven himself outside of NE and you can't judge a player based on how they do there. Unless they suck there and then its safe to say they will really suck elsewhere.