Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2019 NFL Power Rankings

Texansballer74

The Marine
You're ranking the Pants over us? I know they beat us but that does not equal a good football team.

Right now they're playing really good football on both sides of the ball.

JB they look better than both of those teams. The Chiefs defense are down at the bottom of the league.

The Panthers lost their franchise QB but still managed to win 4 in a row.

Come on gents. Right now they're a good team.

Mollywhopper

Facilitator
Staff member
Agreed, but the question is will they keep the hot hand going or go back to Cam? I think it will be a big mistake if they do.
Rivera has already started distancing himself from Cam in q&a's.

And while I agree they're flat out better right now with Allen, still remains to be seen how good he is at piloting the ship once the league gets film on him and late season/playoff type pressure football starts to rear it's head in Charlotte.

Basically, I like the Panthers with Allen more than I do with Cam, but I also think Cam is sh*t.
But I don't think they're anything resembling a conference championship contender right now. They've got SF, GB, and NO, over the next 5 weeks.
Win a couple of those and I'll consider them a top 5 team.

Last edited:

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Rivera has already started distancing himself from Cam in q&a's.

And while I agree they're flat out better right now with Allen, still remains to be seen how good he is at piloting the ship once the league gets film on him and late season/playoff type pressure football starts to rear it's head in Charlotte.

Basically, I like the Panthers with Allen more than I do with Cam, but I also think Cam is sh*t.
But I don't think they're anything resembling a conference championship contender right now. They've got SF, GB, and NO, over the next 5 weeks.
Win a couple of those and I'll consider them a top 5 team.
Aman

Cam is a RB that happens to have a decent, not good, throwing arm. I wouldn’t even call him a duel threat because his air game isn’t a threat. Whenever your go to plan, not what you have to do because the play broke down but your actual plan, is for the QB to run the ball then something is wrong.

Also I never will forget him jumping away from that fumbled ball and then later saying he did it because he wanted to make sure he didn’t get hurt and save himself for later. It’s the damn super bowl, what the hell else would you be saving yourself for? Tell you this I promise you Watson would have dived on that ball like a starving dog on a steak.

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Aman

Cam is a RB that happens to have a decent, not good, throwing arm. I wouldn’t even call him a duel threat because his air game isn’t a threat. Whenever your go to plan, not what you have to do because the play broke down but your actual plan, is for the QB to run the ball then something is wrong.

Also I never will forget him jumping away from that fumbled ball and then later saying he did it because he wanted to make sure he didn’t get hurt and save himself for later. It’s the damn super bowl, what the hell else would you be saving yourself for? Tell you this I promise you Watson would have dived on that ball like a starving dog on a steak.
He had a very good arm in certain seasons though. I'm not sure why he's been so off and on as a passer throughout his career, but he's gone through stretches where he passed the ball really well. He threw like 40 to 45 TD's that one season when he won the MVP, and that was with a pretty weak group of receivers that season as well. He used to be good every other year for some strange reason, but this year he started out his first stretch that was putting him on a 3 year stretch of bad football. I think its a good time to try the hot hand while they are winning and see where this goes.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
He had a very good arm in certain seasons though. I'm not sure why he's been so off and on as a passer throughout his career, but he's gone through stretches where he passed the ball really well. He threw like 40 to 45 TD's that one season when he won the MVP, and that was with a pretty weak group of receivers that season as well. He used to be good every other year for some strange reason, but this year he started out his first stretch that was putting him on a 3 year stretch of bad football. I think its a good time to try the hot hand while they are winning and see where this goes.
Do you think Allen will remain the starting QB when Newton is finally healthy?

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
Do you think Allen will remain the starting QB when Newton is finally healthy?
I think he very well might be especially if they are winning and the team has good moral behind him.

Cam is such an unreliable leader in the locker room and on the field now. I just don't see him coming back in with the right amount of passion for everyone to feel like they need him back. Cam may need a change of scenery at this point to revitalize himself. Maybe he could take over for the Colts or a team like that.

Texansballer74

The Marine

Texas Jake

Rookie
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-sorry-49-ers-but-saints-are-the-nf-cs-best-team-034500962.html An unexpected thing happened with Drew Brees out. The Saints showed they are the NFC's best team.

14. Houston Texans (4-3, LW: 8)

Receiver Will Fuller is going to miss some games with a hamstring injury. That’s really disappointing because injuries have been the story of Fuller’s career. He’s a very good talent who can’t stay on the field.
Hamstring injuries are the curse of this team. Every year it seems as if half the roster falls victim of the dreaded hamstring bug.

JamTex

Hall Of Fame Texans Fan!
Week 8 Power Rankings

After the humiliating smacking the Texans took at the hands of the Colts, they only dropped 3 spots in this weeks NFL.com Power Rankings.

RANK

TEXANS (4-3)

Previous rank: No. 6

Consistency continues to elude the Texans. On Sunday, that cost them first place in the AFC South. With the defense struggling to stop Jacoby Brissett...

Last edited:

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
Week 8 Power Rankings

After the humiliating smacking the Texans took at the hands of the Colts, they only dropped 3 spots in this weeks NFL.com Power Rankings.

RANK

TEXANS (4-3)

Previous rank: No. 6

Consistency continues to elude the Texans. On Sunday, that cost them first place in the AFC South. With the defense struggling to stop Jacoby Brissett...

Those rankings are kinda odd to me ….

I agree the Texans are probably a better team than the Dolts but they did beat the Texans and have a 1 game lead in the division because of it - having the Texans at 9 and the Dolts 12 ….

The 5-1 Bills at 11 ? Behind 2 teams with 3 losses and 3 teams with 2 losses ?

Dallas in the top 7 …. you never know which teams shows up.

Two 3 loss teams ahead of the Ravens ?

Corrosion

Idealist
Staff member
there are mumblings that Cam might be elsewhere next year. I think he’ll be back in Charlotte but stranger things have happened

I don't see him getting that starting job back - He's been outplayed.

He's likely elsewhere next year and Carolina gets better for it. Some QB starved team will give up multiple draft picks.

Seegara

Guitar Picker, Dog Lover, Woodworker
https://sports.yahoo.com/nfl-power-rankings-sorry-49-ers-but-saints-are-the-nf-cs-best-team-034500962.html An unexpected thing happened with Drew Brees out. The Saints showed they are the NFC's best team.

14. Houston Texans (4-3, LW: 8)

Receiver Will Fuller is going to miss some games with a hamstring injury. That’s really disappointing because injuries have been the story of Fuller’s career. He’s a very good talent who can’t stay on the field.
Nor can he catch the ball. If he plays this game he should be traded at once.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Eli, Dalton and Cam should hold clipboards or go to a commentary booth. Not top level starter talent. Roll with someone to develop will give similiar results with less cost and more upside. Cam's arm looked horrible this year, so not just his foot
Eli would be a candidate for the booth. ....then again I doubt he'd be as smooth as Romo has turned out to be.
Dalton might get on as some team's Bridgewater; keep the ship afloat until #1 is back.
I'm curious to see what Cam will look like on the other side of this healing/rehab process. Not sure he'll be the same.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Eli would be a candidate for the booth. ....then again I doubt he'd be as smooth as Romo has turned out to be.
Dalton might get on as some team's Bridgewater; keep the ship afloat until #1 is back.
I'm curious to see what Cam will look like on the other side of this healing/rehab process. Not sure he'll be the same.
Spot On,

I think Cam's career will follow the Schaub career path.

steelbtexan

King of the W. B. Club
Contributor's Club
Eli, Dalton and Cam should hold clipboards or go to a commentary booth. Not top level starter talent. Roll with someone to develop will give similiar results with less cost and more upside. Cam's arm looked horrible this year, so not just his foot
Accuracy also is spotty when you have a Lisfranc.

maverick512000

Hall of Fame
Why not the 'Phins? They have some picks up their sleeve ...You think Bears have given up on Trubisky already?
Fins are going to draft a franchise QB. Why take a QB on the down hill when you can grab a young stud. They are in rebuild mode, trading picks for a broken Newton is what a team does when it thinks it’s one QB away.

As for Chicago I think the NFL has given up on Trubisky. The question for Chicago is can they make themselves take the embarrassment of moving up one spot to draft a bust when both Watson and Mahomes were still on the board or is Trubisky to big to fail for them.

Glad I’m not a Bears fan.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
Dalton might work for a team the way Schaub worked for us (pre-lisfranc.).

He has only played under one coach:

Marvin Lewis.

He should at least get a chance to compete. Chicago and Tampa look like prime spots.

And if he wants to hold a clip board like Bridgewater bring him here. Not a bad back up QB. Could do worse. (Cough) Hoyer (Cough).