Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2018 Texans Player Transactions

Texans claim running back Gregory Howell (Dolphins). Did not exactly impress with proday numbers.He graded as a potential seventh-round pick entering the season, measured 6002 and 219 pounds, completed 19 reps on the bench press and ran a solid 40 time of 4.52. His vertical jump (29.5 inches), short shuttle (4.51) and three-cone (7.55) were disappointing. For his size, does not seem to be all that strong.

Last edited:
They've already got 2 first round picks for Mack.. possibly more. Details still coming out.

The Chicago Bears are ran by complete morons.

What a terrible organization to allow that deal. Mack is great, but no player is worth that. Maybe the Colts trading a 1st for Trent Richardson is worse since everyone knew he was clearly a bust.

Williams had dealt with significant knee issues in college........was cleared by the medical staff and drafted in 2013 anyway..........during rookie minicamp was determined to require microfracture surgery...........never made it back on the field, missing all OTAs in 2013..........and was cut just prior t.o 2014 TC

In defense of the Texans scouts, it's hard to deny intangibles like commitment to anime', LARP'ing, and pro wrestling.

Charles Hill

4546-1003068Fr.jpg

I just bought this on Ebay for $4. It will serve me well in the Austin Texans fan group white elephant party this Christmas.

confirmation

sam%20montgomery_zps1jp6ibjx.jpg

Okay, I'm done derailing the thread now.

Agreed,

I really liked him in college, very instinctive, always around the ball. Showed great speed at the combine and was said to be an excellent ST's guy. I dont know why anybody would like him as a WW pickup. I had him in some of my mock drafts.

Most confusing is how the Saints just cut bait on him. He is a raw player having played WR/CB/S but excelling as a ST gunner throughout. Let him settle in at one position but meanwhile enjoy having a plus gunner until he can be a contributor on defense.

Most confusing is how the Saints just cut bait on him. He is a raw player having played WR/CB/S but excelling as a ST gunner throughout. Let him settle in at one position but meanwhile enjoy having a plus gunner until he can be a contributor on defense.
It would be nice to see someone on the tv screen by the time the opposing team's punt returner catches the ball. Hopefully this is the guy that can solve that problem.

Agreed,

I really liked him in college, very instinctive, always around the ball. Showed great speed at the combine and was said to be an excellent ST's guy. I dont know why anybody wouldn't like him as a WW pickup. I had him in some of my mock drafts.
Ran a 4.40..........and benched a max 405 lbs.

The Saints tried to convert him from his natural position of safety to CB........didn't work out well. Despite this, the Saints were planning on having him clear waivers and then claiming him for their PS.........that didn't work out well either.:)

Most recent reports no longer have Mike Tyson on list so currently only 8 players with 2 spots open. Wonder if they are going to bring in one of the UDFA RBs (Swanson/Coleman) and maybe a young QB (Davis Webb?)

I'd definitely take Swanson back..other than his preseason fumble, he looked good.

That was a strange chain of events..

Most likely $ related. Webb has enough time in the league for his contract to be fully guaranteed at start of season. I assume there’s some language if he’s released and re-signed his contract is no longer fully guaranteed for the season.

Bengals did the same thing with their DE Michael Johnson today releasing then re-signing.

Most likely $ related. Webb has enough time in the league for his contract to be fully guaranteed at start of season. I assume there’s some language if he’s released and re-signed his contract is no longer fully guaranteed for the season.

Bengals did the same thing with their DE Michael Johnson today releasing then re-signing.

If they are on the roster for game 1 their contract becomes fully guaranteed. This wasn't about that.

Back