Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

2016 Prices Going Up Because We Did So Well In 2015!

CloakNNNdagger

Hall of Fame
Texans raise ticket prices by nearly 6 percent
By Aaron Wilson on January 22, 2016 at 5:53 PM

The cost of attending a Texans home game at NRG Stadium is rising.

It became a more expensive ticket Friday when the Texans announced that they were raising their average general ticket price for next season by nearly six percent.

For the 2016 season, the Texans’ average general ticket price is up to $97.32 per ticket. That’s an increase of 5.9 percent from an average general ticket price of $91.87 in 2015.

Last year, the Texans raised ticket prices 7.5 percent, from $85.44 to $91.87 a ticket. There was no increase in prices from the 2013 to 2014 seasons.

In 2015, the Texans ranked 13th in NFL average ticket prices. The expectation is the reigning AFC South champions will have a similar ranking this year.

“NRG Stadium has earned its reputation as one of the best gameday experiences in the NFL and Texans fans are a major reason,” Texans senior vice president of ticketing and event management John Schriever said in a statement. “Our fans give us a tremendous home field advantage, and this pricing structure will allow us to continue to remain competitive on the field and deliver an even more compelling fan experience.”

The Texans’ largest increase was on the field level Prime 2 where tickets went up from $142 to $151 for a 6.34-percent raise. The smallest rise in ticket prices was in the Gridiron midfield section where prices are going up just 5.24 percent from $76 to $80 from 2015 to 2016.

The Texans, whose home games include the Cincinnati Bengals, Kansas City Chiefs, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, San Diego Chargers, Indianapolis Colts, Jacksonville Jaguars and Tennessee Titans, have sold out 143 consecutive games at NRG Stadium for a Houston NFL record. Their 14 consecutive sold-out seasons represent the longest sellout streak of any professional sports team in Houston history.

Season-ticket holders get a discount of over 20 percent off individual game tickets. The Texans are accepting applications for the 2016 season ticket priority list, which is up to more than 26,000.

I always enjoy the condescending and patronizing explanation from the Texans when they raise ticket prices.

13.4% increase in 2 years of 9-7...........................13.4% increase for 71,000 tickets.............nice profit!.............guess who just paid for Wi-Fi............

13.4% increase in 2 years of 9-7...........................13.4% increase for 71,000 tickets.............nice profit!.............guess who just paid for Wi-Fi............

It's silly to think ticket prices won't continue to go up. Maybe it's easier to sell if the team is winning, prices will go up till the end of time.

If you like going to the games (the general you, not you specifically Doc) you might consider season tickets.

Season-ticket holders get a discount of over 20 percent off individual game tickets. The Texans are accepting applications for the 2016 season ticket priority list, which is up to more than 26,000.

It's silly to think ticket prices won't continue to go up. Maybe it's easier to sell if the team is winning, prices will go up till the end of time.

If you like going to the games (the general you, not you specifically Doc) you might consider season tickets.
But doesn't that mean that season ticket holders have still been bumped 13.4% with their usual 20% discount?

I would like to thank you PSL and/or season ticket holders for subsidizing this stuff so I can continue to watch it in comfort on my giant HD TV with pause, rewind, and frame by frame all while drinking reasonably priced superior beer and eating top notch food and avoiding traffic and drunken idiots. I sincerely appreciate it.

Jerry must have boosted ticket prices to cover several years because Cowboys PSL/Season Ticket holders haven't had an increase since moving into the new stadium. I sure hope he doesn't start this year.

How do you guys afford those high ticket prices?
I guess you can sell them for a little more and make a profit?
Thank goodness the Rockets and Astros make it family affordable.

How do you guys afford those high ticket prices?
I guess you can sell them for a little more and make a profit?
Thank goodness the Rockets and Astros make it family affordable.

Most are stuck with two choices, bite the bullet and pay otherwise lose the PSL, or sell the PSL and invest in an 80' flat screen.

Most are stuck with two choices, bite the bullet and pay otherwise lose the PSL, or sell the PSL and invest in an 80' flat screen.
It seems like the only time I can attend a Houston Texans game is if John McClain or David Nuno can score me a free ticket which they have both graciously done a few times. Otherwise I sure wouldn't be able to afford it myself. But I usually don't mind relaxing at home and watching it on HD-TV.

It seems like the only time I can attend a Houston Texans game is if John McClain or David Nuno can score me a free ticket which they have both graciously done a few times. Otherwise I sure wouldn't be able to afford it myself. But I usually don't mind relaxing at home and watching it on HD-TV.
I might as well watch it at home anyway. The last few games I attended live just reinforced that I can't see well enough to follow the game without the close-ups anyway.

It's pretty simple. While we keep selling out games, prices will continue to go up despite team's performance.

Got my invoice on Monday with a tidy little $5.50 increase on tickets and $2 on parking. Everything is due by May 25th if using the installment plan. Games are sold by then, afterwards I guess it's on to next person on the waitlist.

I would like to thank you PSL and/or season ticket holders for subsidizing this stuff so I can continue to watch it in comfort on my giant HD TV with pause, rewind, and frame by frame all while drinking reasonably priced superior beer and eating top notch food and avoiding traffic and drunken idiots. I sincerely appreciate it.

Anything to help out.

Back