Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2016 Fantasy Talk?

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
So, what do you guys think about Chris Ivory?

1. Adrian Peterson
  2. Todd Gurley
  3. Davantae Freeman
  4. Latvious Murray
  5. Chris Ivory
  6. Jamaal Charles
  7. Ezekiel Eliot

That time is just around the corner. Have you started work on your top 100?

Heath Shuler

SPEED KILLS
So, what do you guys think about Chris Ivory?

1. Adrian Peterson
  2. Todd Gurley
  3. Davantae Freeman
  4. Latvious Murray
  5. Chris Ivory
  6. Jamaal Charles
  7. Ezekiel Eliot

That time is just around the corner. Have you started work on your top 100?
I want to play in your league bud. I would take about 25 RBs before Latavious Murray and about 30 before Chris Ivory. No LeVeon Bell? No Lamar Miller? No David Johnson?

Did my first mock the other day. This is my favorite site for mocks: http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/simulator/?sport=nfl

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I want to play in your league bud. I would take about 25 RBs before Latavious Murray and about 30 before Chris Ivory. No LeVeon Bell? No Lamar Miller? No David Johnson?

Did my first mock the other day. This is my favorite site for mocks: http://draftwizard.fantasypros.com/simulator/?sport=nfl
La'Veon Bell... surely D'Angelo is going to get a ton of carries.

Miller... I'm a curse to Texans

David Johnson... yeah, I overlooked him

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Does anyone know of a downloadable Excel based FF cheatsheet? I've had one for years, but I guess it didn't make it in the migration to the new laptop. Can't find it on my backup drive either.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
Fantasypros has free stuff. Here's their ADP I used in my draft. May be a little outdated as my league wasn't very close past the 2nd round, but it gives you something to work with.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Does anyone know of a downloadable Excel based FF cheatsheet? I've had one for years, but I guess it didn't make it in the migration to the new laptop. Can't find it on my backup drive either.
I found this one with a google search
LINK

But if you have an iPad, Rotowire has a draft kit app that's pretty sweet. Player rankings, up-to-the-minute injury info and it lets you enter players as your draft progresses (so you aren't that guy who keeps trying to draft guys that were picked two rounds ago LoL). I'd be surprised if there wasn't an Android version. Maybe there's even one that you can use with Surface tablets.

Edit:
Here's a link to a comparo article on FF draft kit apps. I really like the RotoWire app; I'll never be dragging a big azz laptop to another draft again.

TexansBull

Hall of Fame
I am picking second in my league and don't know who to pick. All I know is that I am a Texans homer and want Lamar Miller because he is going to be awesome. And the Texans Defense. Hopkins I am meh on because if all the new receiving threats. Miller is a bit of a reach at 2, but it is a 14 man league.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I am picking second in my league and don't know who to pick. All I know is that I am a Texans homer and want Lamar Miller because he is going to be awesome. And the Texans Defense. Hopkins I am meh on because if all the new receiving threats. Miller is a bit of a reach at 2, but it is a 14 man league.
Put the :koolaid: down and pick to win.
LoL
Todd Gurley, Odell Beckham, and Antonio Brown are at the top of most rankings I've seen.
BUT if you really want Lamar (and being a Texans fan I totally get it) it wouldn't be a reach, IMHO, to pick Miller at #2 because he most likely won't be there for your second pick since I've seen him in the top ten (between 7-9) in the FF rankings I've looked at.
my :twocents:

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
If no other Texans fans in your league you might get lucky and have him there in 2nd, but very very doubtful. Or you could "pre arrange" a trade with someone picking about #8

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
The best site that has always given the most up to date information on FF for me has always been Rotoworld. Josh Rosenthal is probably the most well informed guy with the best speculative analysis I've ever read from year to year and week to week during the season. Their weekly rankings for each skill position is generally a great starting point on where to value your players on their match ups as well.

TK, I think Chris Ivory is in a good position to do pretty well this year. He is in an offense that should score a lot.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Miller went 19 in my league
Lamar Miller went third overall in our 16-team league.
Pissed me off because I was picking 16th (and 17th in a serpentine draft) and I was hoping to snag him myself.
Todd Gurley and Adrian Peterson went 4th and 5th, respectively
Brady went 1-1 (dude is a Pats homer). Rodgers went at 1-2.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Seems it all depends how many Texans fans are in the league

powda

The bridge between stupid and useless is short.
Name your best and worst picks.

What went wrong or right in your draft?

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I'm in a 16-team league (CBS Sports.com) and my team may, or may not, suck.
I picked 16th. So all the juicy picks were gone by the time I came up

1/16 - Doug Martin, RB, TB
2/17 - Eddie Lacy, RB GB
3/48 - Tyrod Taylor, QB, BUF
4/49 - Sammy Watkins, WR, BUF
5/80 - Tyler Eifert. TE, CIN
6/81 - Greg Olsen, TE, CAR
7/112 - Alfred Morris, RB, DAL
8/113 - Jimmy Graham, TE, SEA
9/144 - Panthers Def/ST
10/145 - Mason Crosby, K, GB
11/196 - Joe Flacco, QB, BAL
12/197 - Zac Ertz, TE, PHI
13/228/ - Zack Miller, TE, CHI
14/229 - Victor Cruz, WR, NYG
Waiver claims (we stopped at 14 rds):
Mike Wallace, WR, BAL
Clive Walford, TE, OAK

My waiver claims are probably the best value picks of the whole draft LoL

Reactions: JB

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

2/17 - Eddie Lacy, RB GB
9/144 - Panthers Def/ST
Mike Wallace, WR, BAL
Clive Walford, TE, OAK

You're gonna kill'em if you can start 4 TEs.

But I do like Doug Martin & Eddie Lacy. Your QBs look good. Defense & Kicker are good.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
You're gonna kill'em if you can start 4 TEs.

But I do like Doug Martin & Eddie Lacy. Your QBs look good. Defense & Kicker are good.
Man, I hope you're right.
:D
having the last pick in a serpentine draft is both bad and good.
Bad for obvious reasons and good because I could snag two decent RBs (Martin, Lacy) back-to-back and match Tyrod Taylor and Sammy White (hoping for double pts :) ) with back-to-back picks.

Oh and our line-up format is:
QB, 2 RBs, 3 TE/WRs, D/ST, K

powda

2/17 - Eddie Lacy, RB GB
9/144 - Panthers Def/ST
Mike Wallace, WR, BAL
Clive Walford, TE, OAK

Standard or ppr? Are you going to use a te in the flex?

Porky

Hall of Fame
Lamar Miller went 10th in a ten team league I'm in. I ought to know - I selected him at that spot. I also have the Texans D. No other Texans on my team.

I knew I had to take him 10th or 11th because after that, it's 29th before I pick again and all the other top tier RB's were off the board.

dream_team

Hall of Fame
Which rookie would you start? Derrick Henry vs Will Fuller?

Those looking for a deep sleeper, I like Braxton in PPR leagues.

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
I'd start Henry in week 1 over Fuller. Tougher matchup but anytime a speed WR pops up on the injury report it gives me pause thinking they'll be a decoy if active.

Loving Braxton Miller's potential. I think he is second on the team in receptions this season with some big play upside if he can get out in space with blockers.

Speedy

Former Yeller Dweller
I'm having to go to war with Bortles and Taylor in my money league and I'm pulling my hair out trying to decide who to start week 1, or beyond for that matter.

It's a 16 team PPR, 6 pt passing TD league that's a little different than most in that we have just one spot for each position + a flex. As a result, QBs usually go pretty early in the draft (6 in the 1st round). I decided to wait it out and picked up Bortles in the 4th (Taylor 8th).

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'd start Henry in week 1 over Fuller. Tougher matchup but anytime a speed WR pops up on the injury report it gives me pause thinking they'll be a decoy if active.
I think it's a tough choice because we don't know how Mularky is going to use Henry. He's got Murray & it's going to be hard enough to get yards.

I think both backs will get 20 carries, but it's very possible I'm wrong. He may try to throw the ball 50 times & keep Murry in the game to protect his QB.

I think someone screwed up in their draft if one of these two has to start this week.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I'm having to go to war with Bortles and Taylor in my money league and I'm pulling my hair out trying to decide who to start week 1, or beyond for that matter.

I'm trying to find a reason not to start Bortles. The Packers have no pass rush which means Bortles, Allen & Alan are going to kick butt today. I think this will be the biggest upset of the week. At least three TDs for Blake.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The conundrum of fantasy football. In one league, I have a big lead with the only chance of losing is if Roethlisberger goes off on MNF. In another league, my only chance is if Big Ben has a huge game. Football is back.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
I only drafted one defense, Arizona. I figured I'd probably have a dude on my roster I could drop for a defense by the time Arizona's bye came around.

Well, that depleted Patriots team jacked up my defense, I only got 6 points out of them. This week we've got 4TD Jameis Winston com8ng to town.

Should I stick to my guns, let it play out? Or pick up some other D?

As you can imagine there's nothing available to get overly excited about. Washington vs Dallas, Dallas @ Washington, Chicago vs Eagles, Bill's vs Jets... that kind of stuff.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
I only drafted one defense, Arizona. I figured I'd probably have a dude on my roster I could drop for a defense by the time Arizona's bye came around.

Well, that depleted Patriots team jacked up my defense, I only got 6 points out of them. This week we've got 4TD Jameis Winston com8ng to town.

As you can imagine there's nothing available to get overly excited about. Washington vs Dallas, Dallas @ Washington, Chicago vs Eagles, Bill's vs Jets... that kind of stuff.
I'd say play it out... they should come back strong. BB tends to embarass defenses

TheRealJoker

Hall of Fame
If you're looking for a streaming d/st to target this week I would go for the Bears. We know they are an underrated unit and now they get their home opener against a rookie QB minus every young QB's best friend (a stud TE... this case Zach Ertz who was injured week 1).

Edit***

Even better pick if their #1 CB Kyle Fuller is able to play this week.

Last edited:

powda

Nope. Stick with the cards a lil while longer. Pats have a habit of being the exception to the rule. Dont lose focus and give them 2 more weeks minimum.

Say Watt

Hall of Fame
Todd Gurley. Ouch. Two Gurley's One Cup had to have a team name change after last week to wipe of the stain of that week 1 loss. Was up 100 points on Sunday. Then came Monday and my opponent had DeAngelo Williams and Kirk Cousins. I had Todd Gurley. Lost by 1 point.

This is when I hate fantasy football.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
I had Tyrod Taylor thinking he'd be a dual threat.
AND Sammy Watkins, thinking I could double up on pts.

Wrong!!

I'm going with Flacco this week and here on out until Rex shows his OC can manufacture some offense.

powda

I had Tyrod Taylor thinking he'd be a dual threat.
AND Sammy Watkins, thinking I could double up on pts.

Wrong!!

I'm going with Flacco this week and here on out until Rex shows his OC can manufacture some offense.
This game is ugly. I have McCoy. Looks like you made the right call.

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
This game is ugly. I have McCoy. Looks like you made the right call.
I dunno. Sumb!tch produced 24 FF pts last night after only producing 2 pts opening weekend.
I honestly did NOT expect Buffalo v. Jets to be a shootout.

Flacco better come thru. He ought to. They're playing the Browns.

powda

I dunno. Sumb!tch produced 24 FF pts last night after only producing 2 pts opening weekend.
I honestly did NOT expect Buffalo v. Jets to be a shootout.

Flacco better come thru. He ought to. They're playing the Browns.
My post was during the first half. 2nd half turned into a very entertaining game.

dream_team

Hall of Fame

Loving Braxton Miller's potential. I think he is second on the team in receptions this season with some big play upside if he can get out in space with blockers.
Glad I didn't notice you responded to my question in time! :). You probably would have swayed me to go with Henry, and I would have lost week 1!

Say Watt

Hall of Fame
Made my first trade of the year. Curious on your thoughts. 1 point PPR. 10 team league.

I gave:
Gio Bernard
Jimmy Graham
Tyler Lockett
Will Fuller

I received:
Eddie Lacy
Delanie Walker
Steve Smith

ObsiWan

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Made my first trade of the year. Curious on your thoughts. 1 point PPR. 10 team league.

I gave:
Gio Bernard
Jimmy Graham
Tyler Lockett
Will Fuller

I received:
Eddie Lacy
Delanie Walker
Steve Smith
The key is Lacy. I got him in the draft and he's been a disappointment. If he comes back from that hammy thing, he could be good. If he's slowed by it all year, not so much

Say Watt

Hall of Fame
The key is Lacy. I got him in the draft and he's been a disappointment. If he comes back from that hammy thing, he could be good. If he's slowed by it all year, not so much
Definitely. It's a risk with Lacy no doubt. But I also wanted to upgrade at TE and Delanie Walker finished 3rd last year in my league and 8th the year before. In my opinion, he's a guaranteed top 10 TE when healthy and when he isn't healthy, I have Ertz and Pitta behind him.

I'm also a strange Steve Smith fan. Dude finished 19th two years ago and barring injury would have finished 9th last year with an average of 17.5 points a game. My biggest scare is Fuller. He could be electric, as he showed in weeks 1 and 2. But if Lacy keeps turning it around, I won't miss him.

Thanks for your take!