Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2014 TTalk Survival

there will be no repeat

thanks cowgirls

fark_UBkLjmEDg0ee8wG0mCBXQpXK5rA.gif

I was real close to picking Dallas, but I hate picking divisional games

I was real close to picking a different team. I actually picked Cleveland in a different survival league I'm in but I didn't have enough confidence in them to pick them in both leagues. To be honest, I wasn't expecting the Cowboys to play that bad in their building either. They looked terrible tonight.

I wonder if NFLN will replay that game. I'd like to see how the Jets stymied the Steeler offense

They had a couple of pretty awesome INTs by journeyman Free Safety Jaiquawn Jarrett. Then Antonio Brown fumbled the ball twice (one was on kick return). They basically never got started.

I got knocked out this week. I picked Pittsburgh to beat the Jets for my final strike.

It wasn't the first time the Steelers laid an egg against a terrible team. They also lost to the 1-8 Bucs in week 4. It's funny how a team can steamroll the Colts & Ravens in back-to-back weeks then has a game like this against the Jets.

ugh...I'm running out of teams to pick. Hopefully the Steelers can beat the lowly Titans this week. Before the Jets game, it had a"sure fire" feel to it. Now, though, not so sure...

ugh...I'm running out of teams to pick. Hopefully the Steelers can beat the lowly Titans this week. Before the Jets game, it had a"sure fire" feel to it. Now, though, not so sure...

Yep...I am down to deciding between Washington and Pitt. Neither gives me the warm fuzzies.

Glad to still be in after the 0-2 start though. :-)

Yep...I am down to deciding between Washington and Pitt. Neither gives me the warm fuzzies.

Glad to still be in after the 0-2 start though. :-)

I was at a scout meeting last night and I got home to turn on the game. It was 27-24! A lot closer score than I expected.

So everyone left has two losses...gonna be a tight one rolling into the final weeks.

This is the longest I've ever lasted so here it goes!

He's for damn sure lost the city now

true... it's worse than us losing to the Titans and Cowboys on back to back weeks.
Way worse.
Taking a SB-caliber team, with his hand-picked QB and losing to a cross-town rival QB'ed by a rookie??

Wonder how hot the talk show lines are in the Bay Area

The Saints did me in.

This is easily the longest I've ever lasted.

yeah, I can't be too upset after lasting this long... but for the Niners to lose to Oakland??? gggrrrrr

I was looking ahead so decided to save Detroit to next week. Thought I was set

DB got it this week. As far as I'm concerned, any of you that made it to Week 10 and beyond did pretty damn good. Especially this year with so many Jekyll and Hyde teams (add Green Bay to the list). Props.

DB got it this week. As far as I'm concerned, any of you that made it to Week 10 and beyond did pretty damn good. Especially this year with so many Jekyll and Hyde teams (add Green Bay to the list). Props.

Man, I couldn't believe the Packers last weekend! Of all times for them to tank and probable MVP Rodgers have a crappy game!

Ah well. I lasted longer this year than ever before, so I've got that going for me. And I was getting down to nothing but scrub teams, so the loss was inevitable. It was fun while it lasted! Just hate that we have to wait another 9 months to do it again...

Can't believe i'm still in it. Never made it this far along before.

Question - "IF" I get lucky and pick well for week 16 and 17, what happens if I make it to the NFL playoffs, and there are teams I still have available, who are on bye in week 18, and I have nobody to pick that's playing?

I'm guessing a "L".. 3rd strike?

Can't find any rules for that in the yahoo page.

Can't believe i'm still in it. Never made it this far along before.

Question - "IF" I get lucky and pick well for week 16 and 17, what happens if I make it to the NFL playoffs, and there are teams I still have available, who are on bye in week 18, and I have nobody to pick that's playing?

I'm guessing a "L".. 3rd strike?

Can't find any rules for that in the yahoo page.

No, if you make it into the playoffs every team will be available for you to pick.

Thanks for the feedback, JC. I should have asked sooner. I took the Jag's this week, because I didn't want to use a potential playoff team, so I could potentially ensure a week 18 pick..

Upside... Jags won!

Congrats! :thumbup

I made it further than ever before this year, so that was my moral victory in defeat.

Back