Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2014 TTalk Survival

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
It's that time again, so join up early and make your picks count! Last year's winner was Heath Shuler, and we can't let that happen again...

It's easy to play, all you have to do is pick one team that will win its matchup each week. No spreads are used, only total points, the catch is that you can't pick the same team twice throughout the year. This league is triple elimination, which means three wrong picks and you are out.

The winner or winners - if people survive the whole season - will have bragging rights over the next year. Feel free to amend your signature and give yourself a virtual trophy if you win it all!

How to sign up:

In order to join the group, just go to Survival Football, and click the "Join a Group" button. From there, enter the following information:

Group ID#:6044
Password:texanstalk

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Bump.

I'll sign up or within the week. I have a couple of friends that might want to play. Cool? One of them is my ex, she was out before October, iirc. :D

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
Bump.

I'll sign up or within the week. I have a couple of friends that might want to play. Cool? One of them is my ex, she was out before October, iirc. :D
The maximum number of participants allowed is 100 and I don't think we've ever got close to that number so I've got no problem with it.

Wolf6151

All Pro
I'm in. My first time ever playing fantasy football was earlier tonight in a Yahoo league, and now my first survival league in the same night. I don't see either of these league's going very well, but should be fun though. Thanks.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
Yes! At some point this morning I realized I have to make my picks, or at least one, today because the season is here. Here! HERE, not there, here. Heeea, as in looky heea.

512 football games scheduled, game 1 tonight. :gamer:

KMG 365

Waterboy
Almost forgot to join. Thanks for running the game again. I joined the pick 'em and spread pick 'em games as well.

Showtime100

Got JJ?
I realize Seattle at home is like a trump card, but I'm a little surprised nobody picked them this week.

Looks like everybody came to play!!....Aw hell naw. :eek:

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
I was feeling the same way ya'll are when I saw the 17-0 Eagles score at the half. Thankfully Philly came back.

JB

Innocent Bystander
Contributor's Club
Jets may knock out 90% of the field today...

NY 14 GB 0

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
Jets may knock out 90% of the field today...

NY 14 GB 0
I picked GB simply because I expected Rodgers to be able to beat NYJ in Green Bay. 25/42, 346 yards and 3 TD's to lead his team to a 31-24 win.

TD

Super Bowl Mascot
0-2....Has anyone who actually made picks each week been eliminated in Week 3? :-(

I don't know if it's lack of faith more as there were games that were supposed to be obvious wins. Or at least I THOUGHT New Orleans was obviously going to be the Browns. Just like New England should be beating the Raiders at home this week. Guess we'll see!

JCTexan

Hall of Fame
I don't know if it's lack of faith more as there were games that were supposed to be obvious wins. Or at least I THOUGHT New Orleans was obviously going to be the Browns. Just like New England should be beating the Raiders at home this week. Guess we'll see!
The Saints would have probably been my 4th choice this week behind GB, Denver & New England. I don't really like picking road teams if there is a home team I like just as much on the table.