Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

2012 TTalk Survival Football League!

By complete accident I've chosen all NFC East teams so far.

Phildelphia
NY Giants
and now Dallas.

..........................................curious.

By complete accident I've chosen all NFC East teams so far.

Phildelphia
NY Giants
and now Dallas.

..........................................curious.

It has gotten you through week three without a strike. I picked SF this week to get my first strike. Three of the top five selections this week lost.

I just took my first strike...I picked Indy. @#$%! Gabbert. The league has been wonderfully unpredictable this season. Except for that little replacement ref thing.

272909002.gif

I'M OUT!

man, I figured the Dolphins were going to chump-change the Titans. My second strike. I got too tricky this week when I just should have gone with the best odds.

Wow, 14 people still going for it. Three people with 1 strike, eleven with 2. Good luck to you all, it's gonna be tough the next seven weeks!

Thanksgiving week looks to be brutal for survival picks.

A lot of the top teams have been taken by many. The picking IS going to be real challenging moving forward. This is fun.

man, I figured the Dolphins were going to chump-change the Titans. My second strike. I got too tricky this week when I just should have gone with the best odds.

The Steelers almost gave me my third strike Monday. But I'm still in it!
Bogus holding penalty on that Bowe TD (double curses for me since I own Bowe in two FFL's). That call must have pissed off thousands of fantasy players but also pleased thousands of survivor players nationwide.

Went with Peyton and the Broncs this week. Pretty much out of good teams, now.

It's that time again, so join up early and make your picks count! Last year's winner was Texans34Life, and well we can't let that happen again...

It's easy to play, all you have to do is pick one team that will win its matchup each week. No spreads are used, only total points, the catch is that you can't pick the same team twice throughout the year. This league is single elimination, which means one wrong pick and you are out.

The winner or winners - if people survive the whole season - will have bragging rights over the next year. Feel free to amend your signature and give yourself a virtual trophy if you win it all!

Does this end with the end of the regular season?

I've got a question about the playoffs. I have never lasted until season's end so I was wondering what the rules are for the post season.

I looked at the settings and it said nothing so I'll assume we go on just like normal with whatever teams we still have available?

I ask because there are a couple of teams I could pick that will not be around next week and it would be tempting to use one of those teams as opposed to "waisting" a playoff team for the last regular season pick.

Thanks in advance! :gamer:

I've got a question about the playoffs. I have never lasted until season's end so I was wondering what the rules are for the post season.

I looked at the settings and it said nothing so I'll assume we go on just like normal with whatever teams we still have available?

I ask because there are a couple of teams I could pick that will not be around next week and it would be tempting to use one of those teams as opposed to "waisting" a playoff team for the last regular season pick.

Thanks in advance! :gamer:

I answered that in the post above yours but I'll restate it. I made it to the playoffs a couple years ago so this comes with some knowledge of the rules: You will get a fresh slate of teams to pick. Same rules apply. You can only pick a team once in the playoffs.

I answered that in the post above yours but I'll restate it. I made it to the playoffs a couple years ago so this comes with some knowledge of the rules: You will get a fresh slate of teams to pick. Same rules apply. You can only pick a team once in the playoffs.

Thank you Jon. Sorry, I should have read through the thread first. Good info!

MSR

.....and then there were two.

(Please God. Give me my third strike in exchange for a Texans win.) :roast:

Geez, maybe I'd better clarify that. :eek:

.....and then there were two.

(Please God. Give me my third strike in exchange for a Texans win.) :roast:

Geez, maybe I'd better clarify that. :eek:

I can't decide whether to congratulate or neg rep you. I will just choose to do nothing. Oh, & I'm rooting for Get Lucky to win. Picking against Houston is unforgivable. :tiphat:

I can't decide whether to congratulate or neg rep you. I will just choose to do nothing. Oh, & I'm rooting for Get Lucky to win. Picking against Houston is unforgivable. :tiphat:

I can't say I blame you. Denver was the obvious choice for me also until I read the forcast of Hi 20 Lw 8. Manning is still a Dome QB in my mind and the cold weather I thought would negate Manning.

Houston, well, I had no confidence in these Texans to win against NE, sad but true.

Nice job, Showtime.

One overtime loss in 18 weeks. Then the Ravens beat me twice in a row. Now I know how Manning and Brady feel.

Nice job, Showtime.

One overtime loss in 18 weeks. Then the Ravens beat me twice in a row. Now I know how Manning and Brady feel.

I appreciate it Lucky. :tiphat:

That was the first time I even made it to the second half of the season, let alone finish it. I was very lucky (no pun intended...lol).

Congrats Showtime! You made it all the way to the Super Bowl! I don't think we have ever had anyone make it that far in the TT survival games. Two years ago everyone but one guy in the playoffs lost when the Seahawks upset the Saints. I think that was the farthest anyone has gone up until this year. You should pick the Super Bowl winner too and see if you can get through the full season.

Congrats Showtime! You made it all the way to the Super Bowl! I don't think we have ever had anyone make it that far in the TT survival games. Two years ago everyone but one guy in the playoffs lost when the Seahawks upset the Saints. I think that was the farthest anyone has gone up until this year. You should pick the Super Bowl winner too and see if you can get through the full season.

Is Showtime still able to pick? Once everyone is eliminated and the only participant has a strike I believe it's over. Maybe Showtime can clarify?

Two years ago everyone remaining picked the Saints. Multiple people (including myself) tied for the championship that year.

I made it last year, picked the Giants (had already taken the Pats) and won.

Is Showtime still able to pick? Once everyone is eliminated and the only participant has a strike I believe it's over. Maybe Showtime can clarify?

Two years ago everyone remaining picked the Saints. Multiple people (including myself) tied for the championship that year.

No, it's done and it already has a green check mark where my Super Bowl pick would be, also no "edit" prompt. Just as well, since I took SF I would have had to pick Baltimore which wouldn't be where my hard earned money would have gone....lol.

Thanks again guys!! I was a lot of fun trying to hang in there week after week (after my two strikes). Looking forward to next year.

I made it last year, picked the Giants (had already taken the Pats) and won.

Hmmm, OK I sit corrected. Well, I have started this league 3 years in a row now, and have been out by at least week 8 every time. So I'll trust your memories, since I gave up about half-way through it.... :)

Back