Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You Snooze, You Lose......

For all of you who thinks this happens everywhere all the time, honestly ask yourself if think players fall asleep on team meetings led by Bill Parcells, Bill Belichick, Tom Coughlin, Bill Cowher, etc.

I think y'all are assuming way too much.

But I do agree in some regards. This happens all the time...on mediocre teams. :ok:

If I can nod off while a Drill Sergeant is talking, I could nod off with Bill Parcells talking.

Bill Cowher? Probably not, the shower would keep me awake.

I think this happened with the Ravens when Tim Green was allowed to stay with the team for an extended period of time to write a book.

Guys will fall asleep in meetings from time to time but what I have a big problem with is when Bob McNair brings the sleepers their binky and a pillow when they fall asleep. That stuff has got to stop.

Hummmm! All this time I've been blaming Kubiak for not having his team prepared! MY BAD!! As the old saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink", applies here. Seems like some of our guys just don't to win bad enough! Complacence should not be toterated on any level!!! All the blame cannot fall on Kubaik if this is happening. Where's his coaches? They should be in those rooms slapping those guys silly if they fall asleep. A HUGE fine should be issued to anyone who snoozes!!

BTW: Where I work it's grounds for immediate termination, NO second chances!

If I'd fall asleep in surgery, no doubt that would happen to me too.:mcnugget:

If you look at all the things that Cushing was doing, let's add that to the list of the things most of the vets have to do. Plus, let's also add all the appearances they have to make during the day in between practices to schools, news programs, radio programs. Driving back and forth all day and then coming in to a nice air conditioned darkened room. Yeah, you all would stay awake every day.

Let's not take for granted that Cushing laid in a hyperbaric chamber for an hour. Think he didn't dose off in there?
Uhm....yeah. Do you think the other 31 teams in the league don't do the same stuff "our guys" do WITHOUT dozing off?

Vets don't "have" to do 1/2 the things you mentioned...they CHOOSE to. We all prioritize what is important to US. When our own players all said (to a man) that the only difference between how they played in the first half and the second half last week was "focus", it's time for some a**-whooping attitude adjustment.

If a player is doing too much extracurricular activities, i.e. appearances, then a player needs to re-evaluate the priorities and slow some of the extra stuff down. Esp if he is blowing assignments on the field. If he isn't blowing assignments on the field and doing his thing, some one needs to come forward on this team and address the issue of sleeping in the film room with a coach or with the team captain. The issue should be addressed with the team as a whole in a non-finger pointing way. If it is a specific player doing it time and time again, It should be addressed behind closed doors away from the other teammates in a professional matter with the basis of , lets get this problem fixed and if it doesn't get fixed, player needs to be released or traded.

I can't help but think that potentially a player or two was asleep when the coaches were going over the assignments on the Adrian Peterson run.. and then we had Jones do the same damn thing to the defense and while we follow that up with CJ having a career day with another run on about the same type of play...

If i want to flip it, what if it was an Offensive lineman or RB fellasleep during film session on assignments on blocking .. only to miss his assignment in the game and Schaub gets blasted and knocked out because of injury ...Guys are a team and need to work as a unit and if one part breaks down.. well we have seen what happens

If it is a "depth" player.. he needs a starter waking his ass up.. every player is one injury away from either knocked out of the game or moving up the depth chart.

with what has been mentioned here and the other thread about someone saying that one of our players is apathetic

Kubiak needs to put the hammer down on the coaches and players for accountability.

I feel the chain of command should be if player "x" is sleeping , the players next to him should take some pride in the team and nudge him to wake up. they are all in this together. In a dark room, I imagine the coaches can't see the players while going over the film (I have never been close to a session) , so first step is players helping players, now being this attention has been drawn out in the open, coaches need to take some action.

sorry about the long rant

I'll be honest, I feel like dozing off during some Texans games...especially if we have a lead going into the second half because Kubiak goes into 'play not to lose / protect the lead' mode which is boring as anything.

I told my buddy during halftime at the Oakland game to not be surprised if we don't score at all during the next two quarters, and we didn't. Predictable. :sleep:

You know that someone from the organization is going to read this thread. Hopefully, for placing it on a blog, we don't find Cushing on the bench with a "mysterious" non-onfield injury.........and me right next to him with a set of crutches, for posting it.:choke:

You know that someone from the organization is going to read this thread. Hopefully, for placing it on a blog, we don't find Cushing on the bench with a "mysterious" non-onfield injury.........and me right next to him with a set of crutches, for posting it.:choke:

That's a very good point, Cloak. All this BS about certain players "sleeping in meetings", and certain "DTs being apathetic" might be good batting-around material with frustrated fans on some football message board, but I don't think it will go over well with the players themselves. Whether it's Dunta or whoever, or Cushing, these guys all need to not air their dirty laundry in public and keep their goddamn mouths shut.

You can talk all you want about being a team, but nothing will disrupt it more than someone being a snitch.

I'm sure that players do doze off during meetings, and especially during film sessions. I find it hard to believe that the coaches, whether it's Kubiak or other assistants, are going to let a player get away with SLEEPING in a team meeting. I think some of you are reading too much into Cushings statement. If anything, maybe some of these guys need more sleep if they're too tired to get one yard for a TD, or cover a gap to stop the run. :zzz:

Back