Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You have not seen the best of Hoyer!

deliverance

Practice Squad
I have a realistic sense of what is happening. Yes, I am new on the scene, but I am not a troll. Here goes!

What I hear on this board for the most part on this subject is the typical conversation you get after 6 beers on a blue lot tailgate party. Some of you are real trolls and attempt to incite without any logic. How on earth are you smarter than any of the Texans coaches on who is the best fit for quarterback?

You refer to O'Brien as a 5 year old. You were singing his praises on Hard Knocks and now you blast the mans intelligence and integrity after a loss.

You break down Hoyer as if he was a rabid dog. What you are not seeing is a caring man who wanted to be in Houston. What opportunities did he really have in preseason?

Hoyer does bring poise, mobility, and passion. He is a student of the system and is working his butt to get better. He also holds himself accountable for his performance and is always helping a fellow teammate.

I don't think you have seen his best. It might be at supporting Mallet and making him better. I for one will see how this plays out and will support my team.

30eEul4.gif

I have a realistic sense of what is happening. Yes, I am new on the scene, but I am not a troll. Here goes!

What I hear on this board for the most part on this subject is the typical conversation you get after 6 beers on a blue lot tailgate party. Some of you are real trolls and attempt to incite without any logic. How on earth are you smarter than any of the Texans coaches on who is the best fit for quarterback?

You refer to O'Brien as a 5 year old. You were singing his praises on Hard Knocks and now you blast the mans intelligence and integrity after a loss.

You break down Hoyer as if he was a rabid dog. What you are not seeing is a caring man who wanted to be in Houston. What opportunities did he really have in preseason?

Hoyer does bring poise, mobility, and passion. He is a student of the system and is working his butt to get better. He also holds himself accountable for his performance and is always helping a fellow teammate.

I don't think you have seen his best. It might be at supporting Mallet and making him better. I for one will see how this plays out and will support my team.

Agreed

And oh, Hoyer has been a terrible QB the last 8 games he has played.

He can be a great caring guy and that's great because none of this is personal for the most part . Since 2002 the Texans fans have been waiting for a QB who can be to the offense what JJ is to the defense or at least close , in the ball park even . These folks wait 9 months for the 1st game after studying for the draft , reading about mini camp , OTAs , and then training camp . Most fans aren't rich , they commit to the Texans because that's what they love and to spend their time and money ( I decided not to go thank goodness ) to see an interception on the first play stinks . It didn't get much better after that so it is what it is .

Hoyer's mom, even if I agree that Hoyer has all those things you mentioned, poise, mobility, passion, works his butt off, holds himself accountable and is a great teammate, it doesn't make him a good QB. If you're not good, you're not good. It doesn't matter how great a guy you are.

And to me, it isn't about MB posters being smarter than NFL coaches, it's that NFL coaches CAN make the wrong decisions, whether it be a play call, whether to go for it on 4th down or not, OR, choosing a starting QB. They can be wrong. It happens.

I hope O'Brien recognizes when he's wrong and does what's necessary to correct it because O'Brien has a job that he only keeps if he wins games. Pride won't win games. If he can't admit when he's wrong and correct it, his employment in Houston will be short-lived. Bottom line.

What I hear on this board for the most part on this subject is the typical conversation you get after 6 beers on a blue lot tailgate party. Some of you are real trolls and attempt to incite without any logic. .

So .... you know what's happening and the rest of us are .... drunk trolls because we think Hoyer sucks ?!

Hate to break it to you but .... maybe you are the drunk troll - Hoyer has proven he is what he is. Just take a look at his stats over his last 10 games.

TD's - 6
INT's - 13
Sacks - 23
Completion percentage -54.14%

So much for your superior logic. You should apologize for calling us drunk trolls.

I wasn't singing his praises... I thought he came off as contrived & pretentious.

I said the same thing... sort of. I said you won't be able to see the difference between these two in practice. The way they handle pressure, imo, is the biggest difference. We saw in 2014 that Hoyer cowers in the face of pressure. Mallett gets out in front of it.

Hoyer does bring poise, mobility, and passion.

34hudxd.gif

What opportunities did he really have in preseason?

Enough opportunities to win the job. That's not enough?

We're all sure he's a swell guy and his mom thinks the world of him, however no one cares about that. His job is be a starting NFL QB. That he failed at. If this was a message board about caring people, I'm sure he'd garner some supper.

This may not have been his best but it is his usual, that's the problem.

Enough opportunities to win the job. That's not enough?

We're all sure he's a swell guy and his mom thinks the world of him, however no one cares about that. His job is be a starting NFL QB. That he failed at. If this was a message board about caring people, I'm sure he'd garner some supper.

This may not have been his best but it is his usual, that's the problem.

You are just a drunk troll! :corrosion:

Hoyer's mom, even if I agree that Hoyer has all those things you mentioned, poise, mobility, passion, works his butt off, holds himself accountable and is a great teammate, it doesn't make him a good QB. If you're not good, you're not good. It doesn't matter how great a guy you are.

And to me, it isn't about MB posters being smarter than NFL coaches, it's that NFL coaches CAN make the wrong decisions, whether it be a play call, whether to go for it on 4th down or not, OR, choosing a starting QB. They can be wrong. It happens.

I hope O'Brien recognizes when he's wrong and does what's necessary to correct it because O'Brien has a job that he only keeps if he wins games. Pride won't win games. If he can't admit when he's wrong and correct it, his employment in Houston will be short-lived. Bottom line.

^^^^
This

Give me an a-hole druggie talented QB like Favre over the great guy hard working Hoyer any day of the week.

You guys are wannabe jocks in underwear sitting at a computer. The forum is being used to hide your insecurities and you take life's frustrations out on people that you could never measure up to. Don't be surprised to see Brian succeed on Sunday. It might then be a good time to take a bath and change your undergarments..

You guys are wannabe jocks in underwear sitting at a computer. The forum is being used to hide your insecurities and you take life's frustrations out on people that you could never measure up to. Don't be surprised to see Brian succeed on Sunday. It might then be a good time to take a bath and change your undergarments..
Hoyer, you have to get ready to play Carolina this week. No need to spend that time here on the message board.

;)

I'm not wearing underwear.

This is quickly turning in a "Meet Me In Temecula" situation. Where's the dude that tries to fight people on here?

This is enlightening and I'm really not trying to fight, i just have a little Trump in me and I snap back. I just think you boys need to be a little more fair towards Brian. And please, watch those comments on woman. We live in a PC world now and there is no tolerance for that war.

This is enlightening and I'm really not trying to fight, i just have a little Trump in me and I snap back. I just think you boys need to be a little more fair towards Brian. And please, watch those comments on woman. We live in a PC world now and there is no tolerance for that war.
9gfspv.jpg

I'm 5'8" 324 lbs, bald, & I've got a small package. But I drive a vette, so I'm fine with my insecurities.

Hoyer still sucks.

No, honestly... I saw some good things & some bad things. I thought Hoyer had one good drive & several good throws. If we can get the run game going, I have no doubt in my mind that we can win games with Brian Hoyer.

But I still think he's cowers in the face of pressure & he doesn't process information fast enough to keep himself out of that pressure. & nothing would make me happier than for Brian Hoyer (or whoever OB puts out there Sunday) succeed.

& just so you know, there are several former players on TV or radio telling us that Hoyer sucked Sunday.

This guy is entertaining, if nothing else. We base our opinion on what we've seen and his is based on a crystal ball produced by Ripley's Believe It Or Not.

To make things even more fun he knows us better than we do. All after 5 posts.

Undergarments? Maybe it's Hoyer's grandmother. Don't get your unmentionables in a bunch.

Lol

What's up with these newbies coming in here with their guns a blazing and their buttholes gaping?

I think someone should start a poll on a post count for someone to start a thread!

Lol

What's up with these newbies coming in here with their guns a blazing and their buttholes gaping?

I think someone should start a poll on a post count for someone to start a thread!

Even more important than a post count before starting a thread, how about an IQ test? There wouldn't be many posts!

Even more important than a post count before starting a thread, how about an IQ test? There wouldn't be many posts!

You with the superior logic still owe us an apology for calling us dumb drunk trolls ....

Last 10 games.

TD's - 6
INT's - 13
Sacks - 23
Completion percentage -54.14%

Back