Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

You have been warned

I think that the game against Miami this weekend, we will finally see a sack from Mario. I may be mistaken, but I do believe this will be the game.

Why? Cause Miami has the "WORST" O-Line in the NFL right now. Mario is due.. If it doesn't happen this Sunday, then it may not happen till we play the Titans...

Time for a "Sack Attack"... :chicken:

The reason for the warning, it may not be suitable for young viewers, LOL. Go Texans...

This is definetly the game where Mario will pick up his first sack. The Dolphins O line is worse than ours....which feels great to say and now that Kubiak called Mario out he will want to prove himself.

yeah our line is abysmal. not just for the pass, either. don't expect ronnie brown to have a big day on the ground. he'll have a huge run here and there, and he'll make some defenders look ridiculous with a catch out of the flats, but overall it'll be an ugly offensive performance. unless of course mike mularkey calls a decent game, which no one is anticipating.

I certainly hope you're right. Mario is due something...

However, I won't be surprised to see Culpepper have a career day against us, either. We have a way of brining out the best in washed-up QBs.

yeah our line is abysmal. not just for the pass, either. don't expect ronnie brown to have a big day on the ground. he'll have a huge run here and there, and he'll make some defenders look ridiculous with a catch out of the flats, but overall it'll be an ugly offensive performance. unless of course mike mularkey calls a decent game, which no one is anticipating.

Don't get down on yourself. Go watch some game tape of our game against the Redskins and you'll feel pretty good about this Sunday.

I think that the game against Miami this weekend, we will finally see a sack from Mario. I may be mistaken, but I do believe this will be the game.

Why? Cause Miami has the "WORST" O-Line in the NFL right now. Mario is due.. If it doesn't happen this Sunday, then it may not happen till we play the Titans...

Time for a "Sack Attack"... :chicken:

The reason for the warning, it may not be suitable for young viewers, LOL. Go Texans...

...uh-oh, look out! You may have jinxed us--anytime the Texans play anyone that is the worse at 'something,' we make them -out of the clear blue-- 'cured.' However, most of the time those 'results from heaven' only last until their next game...

I certainly hope you're right. Mario is due something...

However, I won't be surprised to see Culpepper have a career day against us, either. We have a way of brining out the best in washed-up QBs.

Aint that the TRUTH. We need to create pressure, if not Culpepper will look like MVP runner up from a few years ago. I'm thinking Wes Welker is going to have a big day against us.

Daunte Culpepper frightens me about as much as Richard Simmons. What has he done without Randy Moss?! I'd rather have Ryan Leaf at QB than Culpepper. The Texans will beat Miami.

The year when Moss was injured, Culpepper did awesome without him. Granted, that was seven games, two years ago, but still, it happened. I'm not writing him off.

I still think we can win, and I think Mario's gonna come out a little stronger than he has in past games.

I just got a little smile reading this thread. . .Sooo the consensus is, we win cause miami is crappier than we are? I don't feel good about this somehow!:backsout:

Is there 2 p's in crappier? crap, crappy, crapie:chicken:

I just got a little smile reading this thread. . .Sooo the consensus is, we win cause miami is crappier than we are? I don't feel good about this somehow!:backsout:

Is there 2 p's in crappier? crap, crappy, crapie:chicken:

LOL, I didn't say that we would win... I just predict that we will finally get to see something out of Mario due the fact we are playing Miami and there line is leading the league in QB sacks allowed right now. Of course this could all change in the blink of an eye...

Daunte Culpepper frightens me about as much as Richard Simmons. What has he done without Randy Moss?! I'd rather have Ryan Leaf at QB than Culpepper. The Texans will beat Miami.

I believe an equally good question may be, "What has Randy Moss done without Daunte Culpepper?"

Not big fan of either one, personally, but just a thought.

when mario gets his first sack this week, the fans going absolutely berserk. i bet something fun happens like a couple years ago when wong got a huge sack that knocked the power out in reliant.

:fireball: :bowser:
:fans:

I seem to recall Mario, during an early interview, saying he would like his first sack to come against Vince Young. Does anyone else recall that? Maybe he is just a man of his word.:hmmm:

Ronnie Brown is the 10th highest scoring RB in my FF league, he must be doing something right.

He is ahead of Egde, Tiki, S Jackson, JJ, A. Green etc.

Also Pepper has scored more points than Brunell and look how good we made Brunell look.

Until this team proves something on the field I will not be a believer.

As much as I am a fan of the Texans, I am also a fan of the Dolphins ( I grew up in Miami watchin Dan Marino). I hope this would be the game that they finally allow Joey Harrington to play. I was upset when I heard the dolphins were getting Culpepper. Harrington might just be the answer for them.

Ronnie Brown is the 10th highest scoring RB in my FF league, he must be doing something right.

He is ahead of Egde, Tiki, S Jackson, JJ, A. Green etc.

Also Pepper has scored more points than Brunell and look how good we made Brunell look.

Until this team proves something on the field I will not be a believer.
don't get me wrong, ronnie brown will kill you if you give him the chance. he's by far our best player on offense right now. well, maybe wes welker is...anyway, he catches everything thrown his way, and despite the horrible line, he'll get the tough yards with 4 or 5 guys wrapped up on him. he's a beast. but...he won't have a high average and he won't score unless we're at the goal line.

but don't let numbers fool you, culpepper hasn't had a good year at all.

As much as I am a fan of the Texans, I am also a fan of the Dolphins ( I grew up in Miami watchin Dan Marino). I hope this would be the game that they finally allow Joey Harrington to play. I was upset when I heard the dolphins were getting Culpepper. Harrington might just be the answer for them.
no no no no no no no. harrington will be far worse. at least culpepper is completing over 60% of his passes, despite the horrid line play and bad decisions. harrington has never hit 60% in his career. plus he's more immobile than culpepper. there's no reason at all to think harrington would be any better.

cleo lemon is a better fit for the offense than harrington.

I guess I'm just interested to see a game of David Carr vs Joey Harrington.

Oh yeah, and from the games I have been able to see of the Dolphins, Wes Welker has definitely impressed me. He's going to be pretty good.

In last week's Dolphins-Titans game, all 5 sacks were allowed by the Dolphin guards, one being a replacement for the replacement of the starter, Seth McKinney.

In all of the Dolphin's sacks, 5 were on Culpepper not getting the ball off.

More on the Dolphin sack stuff, check out this link:

"Mario Sacks or Texans Wins: Which Number is Higher?"

That title is cribbed by a PTI segment with that name. sigh.

It will be interesting to see what the Texans defense will look like on Sunday. On one hand, given the to date performance, part of me expects more of the same. On the other hand, I want to see if there were any changes made that can show up on the field that quickly in a positive way.

On the fly changes are hard to do. So much of athletic performance is confidence in what you are doing, and sometimes it is hard to change up a bunch of stuff and get those changes to stick in a short period of time and not have the changes result in something worse.

Example 1 A. Every time I get a golf lesson, my game gets worse, at least in the short term. I get thinking too much in my head of what I am supposed to be doing, instead of just hitting the ball. You'd think the game of golf would be easy cuz it's quiet, the dang ball is just sitting there and all, but it is maddening how you can play really well one week, and then play like you have never picked up a club.

I've been to some lessons where the instructor were so bad, I just had to ignore everything I was taught by that guy and go back to what I was doing. (I consulted with others who told me what he was teaching me was crap). There have been other lessons that took longer to implement, but once I did them, it was all good.

It will be interesting to see whether the adjustments they make on Sunday make things worse or better short term. You would think it couldn't get any worse given how things are, but you would be wrong.

It can always get worse. -Signed Houston Texans fan

I guess I'm just interested to see a game of David Carr vs Joey Harrington.

Oh yeah, and from the games I have been able to see of the Dolphins, Wes Welker has definitely impressed me. He's going to be pretty good.

I have to admit, I would like to see that game as well. I never really want to call anyone a total bust until he gets out of the league, so until then I still have hope for Harrington.

I've been to some lessons where the instructor were so bad, I just had to ignore everything I was taught by that guy and go back to what I was doing. (I consulted with others who told me what he was teaching me was crap).

Was the instructor Joe Pendry? I ask because that was his method in coaching the o-line.

when mario gets his first sack this week, the fans going absolutely berserk. i bet something fun happens like a couple years ago when wong got a huge sack that knocked the power out in reliant.

:fireball: :bowser:
:fans:

I believe Reliant will open up as well as clouds parting in the sky, sun beams will then be casted down upon Mario as choirs of angels sing - Alleluia, Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In last week's Dolphins-Titans game, all 5 sacks were allowed by the Dolphin guards, one being a replacement for the replacement of the starter, Seth McKinney.

In all of the Dolphin's sacks, 5 were on Culpepper not getting the ball off
wow, that's just false. on at least 2 occasions he was hit immediately following a play action attempt to ronnie brown. he had NO CHANCE to even turn around to see the field, let alone get rid of the ball.

wow, that's just false. on at least 2 occasions he was hit immediately following a play action attempt to ronnie brown. he had NO CHANCE to even turn around to see the field, let alone get rid of the ball.

Please re-read what I wrote.

In LAST WEEK'S game, all the sacks faults were on the Oline, specifically the guards.

In ALL of the Dolphin games, 5 out of the 16 sacks were Culpeppers fault.

Was the instructor Joe Pendry? I ask because that was his method in coaching the o-line.

Funny you mention him. I was thinking about him when I added that line.

I have to admit, I need more golf lessons but I loathe getting them because I really do have a hard time incorporating them into my game without getting completely derailed. (Big fan of the Pelz Short Game school tho--I dropped strokes immediately).

I am the non-Tiger Woods.

I just hope we take advantage of his presence this time, In the Washington game Mario had a lot of double and tripple teaming. But since we brought no blitz, it didn't matter..... Bring the blitzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!

At least someone on the team can get a sack, but if we're not trying to get one, we won't.

I just hope we take advantage of his presence this time, In the Washington game Mario had a lot of double and tripple teaming. But since we brought no blitz, it didn't matter..... Bring the blitzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!
I see you must have seen the holograms of the extra defenders too.

I hate to say it but I didn't see much double and triple teaming against Washington.

Samuels and Jansen are great tackles but Mario needs to learn some moves. The ol' bull rush ain't what it was at NcSt.

I see you must have seen the holograms of the extra defenders too.

????? Not sure what you mean.

I was watching him for a lot of the game through binoculars. I did not see him every down but I saw a lot of double teaming and sometimes another player would join the group. I am not saying that he was playing well and needed to be double teamed. But on a lot of plays they were doing it. That means on those plays there was a missed blitz oppertunity.

its not so much Mario is double teamed it just appears such because he is bull rushing his man into the pile then getting tangled up with the guard and center. Mario looks like a natural tackle, I wonder if the Texans could now run the 3-4 with Payne as NT, Weaver strong side & :fireball: weakside.

the LB's would be Demeco weakside coming over the top behind Mario, Orr & Greenwood inside & Babin strongside OLB. just a thought :lightbulb:

its not so much Mario is double teamed it just appears such because he is bull rushing his man into the pile then getting tangled up with the guard and center. Mario looks like a natural tackle, I wonder if the Texans could now run the 3-4 with Payne as NT, Weaver strong side & :fireball: weakside.

the LB's would be Demeco weakside coming over the top behind Mario, Orr & Greenwood inside & Babin strongside OLB. just a thought :lightbulb:

Maybe we should save that for next year's starting from from scratch. :shades:

Back