Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Wut is ur FAV XFL logo/mascot or whatevs

Wut logo do u like the best?

• Total voters

MeatBear77

Rookie
854081161001_6075785011001_6075804596001-vs.jpg

I still can't get over teh fact there are only like 8 teams in the XFL league but can't w8 for this season to start and see what sort of tricks and surprises McMahon has up his sleaves because the guy is one of the top minds in sports entertainment that the world has ever seen!

So for u other XFL fans out there, which logo is ur favorite and maybe a bonus question, which team do u h8 the most?

Me? I LOVE the Roughnecks. It is the only one that looks kinda sorta like what a NFL team logo would look like. But I'm not sure why a cell tower has 2 do with a "roughneck" but whatevs

I HATE the Renegades looks like a character from like the 90s streetfighter games. LAME!

I'll go with the Roughnecks logo, but it wasn't my favorite at first. I like Seattle's dragon icon, but it doesn't work as well on the helmut as does the Roughnecks icon.
I think the Seattle one is kinda racist but dont wanna make this political

It aint that complicated it's just Seattle has a lot of Asian people so the dragons is kinda racial imo

Dragons are popular with a lot of ancient cultures. Back then they dug up old dinosaur bones just like we do today, but didn't know what to make of such giant bones, so created myths to support what they found. There are references to dinosaur bones in Roman writings that have survived.

Dragons are popular with a lot of ancient cultures. Back then they dug up old dinosaur bones just like we do today, but didn't know what to make of such giant bones, so created myths to support what they found. There are references to dinosaur bones in Roman writings that have survived.
I'm 100% Italian buddy and never heard of that.

I'm 100% Italian buddy and never heard of that.

Due to extensive travel, Greeks and Romans discovered fossils throughout the Mediterranean and into India (Mayor, 2000b, p. 8). The fossils of dinosaurs, mastodons, mammoths and other creatures were pervasive parts of the natural landscape in the Greek and Roman periods, helping to account for why Greeks and Romans developed mythologies about giant creatures as they sought to understand the presence of these remains

https://blog.biodiversitylibrary.org/2015/10/ancient-myths-inspired-by-fossils.html

It aint that complicated it's just Seattle has a lot of Asian people so the dragons is kinda racial imo

If they did name the team the dragons because of the large Asian population there, in a normal society that would be considered an honor. Only in this warped society that we’re in now would someone consider that an insult.

BTW, should the oil workers in Houston be offended by Roughnecks? No, they’re probably proud that the team thought enough of them to name a team after them. That’s how healthy thinking people think.

If they did name the team the dragons because of the large Asian population there, in a normal society that would be considered an honor. Only in this warped society that we’re in now would someone consider that an insult.

BTW, should the oil workers in Houston be offended by Roughnecks? No, they’re probably proud that the team thought enough of them to name a team after them. That’s how healthy thinking people think.
Oil workers isn't a race or culture but I get it, u r against people getting offended and thats ok like i said i'm not trying 2 make it political i can just see how ppl might think it's not cool to make fun of asians liking dragons

u r against people getting offended

Yep, pretty much. It's just not a healthy way to go through life. People enjoy life much more when they don't allow themselves to get offended and upset about things that have no real impact on their personal lives.`

BTW, I wouldn't see that team "making fun" of Asians any more than I see the Houston team making fun of oil workers. The dragon is a part of some Asian cultures that they are obviously proud of. If the team came out and said that they named the team Dragons as a tribute to the large Asian community there that would mean that they are proud and happy to have them in Seattle. That's a positive thing.

BTW, the Seahawks logo is a tribute to the indigenous people of that region.

The original logo is derived from a picture of a transformation mask of the Kwakwaka’wakw tribe found in an art book called “Art of the Northwest Coast Indians.” After the Seahawks create their rendition of the mask, a local artist named Marvin Oliver sends the Seahawks his version of the logo, which he thinks better adheres to Northwest Coast design principles.

Why would I like something that's racist? I'm anti racism buddy

I apologize, I did not mean to imply you were racist. I can see from re-reading my post that it could be construed that way. My intention was to convey that you may have been amused at the ridiculousness of the controversy surrounding the original name of the franchise which was Houston 1836.

I apologize, I did not mean to imply you were racist. I can see from re-reading my post that it could be construed that way. My intention was to convey that you may have been amused at the ridiculousness of the controversy surrounding the original name of the franchise which was Houston 1836.

Yep, they didn’t want to offend all of the Mexicans living here that are upset that Mexico lost that war (which is next to zero). Instead they named the team after laundry detergent.

854081161001_6075785011001_6075804596001-vs.jpg

I still can't get over teh fact there are only like 8 teams in the XFL league but can't w8 for this season to start and see what sort of tricks and surprises McMahon has up his sleaves because the guy is one of the top minds in sports entertainment that the world has ever seen!

So for u other XFL fans out there, which logo is ur favorite and maybe a bonus question, which team do u h8 the most?

Me? I LOVE the Roughnecks. It is the only one that looks kinda sorta like what a NFL team logo would look like. But I'm not sure why a cell tower has 2 do with a "roughneck" but whatevs

I HATE the Renegades looks like a character from like the 90s streetfighter games. LAME!
I thought the Roughnecks logo to me imho is like an oil derrick whether on land or sea.

I LOVE the Roughnecks. It is the only one that looks kinda sorta like what a NFL team logo would look like. But I'm not sure why a cell tower has 2 do with a "roughneck" but whatevs

I am not sure if you are serious, but if so, it isn't a cell tower. The logo is a drill derrick representative of the oil industry ties to the state of Texas. Roughnecks are those floorhands working on the drill floor.

I am not sure if you are serious, but if so, it isn't a cell tower. The logo is a drill derrick representative of the oil industry ties to the state of Texas. Roughnecks are those floorhands working on the drill floor.

No no no, it’s rough on the neck when you have a week cell signal, and your trying to talk and get that last bar on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back on a serious note I really like the Houston logo and would like to get a cool t-shirt but searching online they all seem pretty bland right now. I couldn’t find any that look really good.

Back on a serious note I really like the Houston logo and would like to get a cool t-shirt but searching online they all seem pretty bland right now. I couldn’t find any that look really good.

Yep.....my favorite item was the 1/4 zip black sweater......out of stock!!!! I wonder if they will get that back in stock.

Might send a personal message and order a Roughneck jersey with the #7 and Keenum's name on it. Won't be back in Houston until June and even then it'll only be for a month before heading back out again.

Yep.....my favorite item was the 1/4 zip black sweater......out of stock!!!! I wonder if they will get that back in stock.

Might send a personal message and order a Roughneck jersey with the #7 and Keenum's name on it. Won't be back in Houston until June and even then it'll only be for a month before heading back out again.
I think XFL will be successful this year hopefully longer. But as a warning for an example here in San Antonio the AAF Commanders everybody was excited in Alamodome and to claim a local city football team. It went bankrupt before the season even ended. I know some fans still demanding a refund for their jerseys and fan fare.

I would be surprised if the league lasts more than a year or two. You need paying fans in the seats and at least decent ratings on their broadcast games. I see, maybe, the ratings if there is enough TV exposure, but I have a feeling the XFL will be like most of the teams in the AAF with fairly empty stadiums on game day.

Guess we find out this weekend. I'm really curious to see how the crowd looks for the Houston game. I went to some Gambler games in the Dome and there were a lot of empty seats.

I would be surprised if the league lasts more than a year or two. You need paying fans in the seats and at least decent ratings on their broadcast games. I see, maybe, the ratings if there is enough TV exposure, but I have a feeling the XFL will be like most of the teams in the AAF with fairly empty stadiums on game day.

Guess we find out this weekend. I'm really curious to see how the crowd looks for the Houston game. I went to some Gambler games in the Dome and there were a lot of empty seats.
Hi Thorn I agree. Although I do have to say that at least in San Antonio Commanders the house was packed every game but no tv broadcast. San Antonio has no really pro team except Spurs therefore maybe less competition to attract local football fans.

Allow me to add i've been in San Antone since leaving the military 1974. It was all Cowboys here and mostly still is. The Texans became a team later and there's where I cheered. I remember the sad first seasons that the local tv broadcasting the Texans game would change to another game in the 4th maybe even the 3rd quarter or the Cowboys would fill in. Man that pissed me off. As the years went by Texans became more respected and better it all started to change. Now I see all the games in full and see more Texans fans here too. Hallelujah! It's a San Antone syndrome cuz they love football here and wish the city had it's own team.

You would have loved the original name for Houston's MLS soccer team. It was deemed offensive and racist.
Seemed like a compliment to me. Want something racist? In the days of the Oilers, somebody suggested that the baseball team call themselves the Greasers.

I can't help but see the letter "A" when I look at the Houston logo. I know what they were trying to do, but it looks an "A".

I can't help but see the letter "A" when I look at the Houston logo. I know what they were trying to do, but it looks an "A".
It's funny but when I see their logo just as in the Oilers logo then I see an oil rig. Yes most of them all look like an "A".

Back