Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

WooT!

Grid

All Pro
Ok lets get something out on the table right now.

Our coaches used the run to set up the pass.. they OBVIOUSLY preffered their passing game and only used the run to make it easier and to take pressure off Carr.

This is a BIG change over previous weeks where it seemed like we were determined to make our running game work no matter how much it was sucking.

This is great!!!! I hope we stick to this.. we have so much passing talent.. we need to stick to our strengths.

Now that that is out of the way.. lets talk about the game.

1. Our running game sucked. but thats ok cause it did its job. It, of course, needs to improve but it allowed us to squeak by with the win this week.

2. D.D. im starting to worry that DD is done.. he may turn out to be a nice quality 3rd string RB. If he doesnt come out of his funk and return to his old self.. I can see us trying him out as a punt and kick returner next offseason.

3. ANDRE JOHNSON IS THE REAL DEAL! god i love watching him. him and Carr both are just awesome athletes and that is going to be a sweet QB/WR combo for years to come. We are so damn lucky to have them on our team.

4. How about Jabar Gaffney! Gaffney Armstrong and Johnson is gonna be so sweet :headbang: .. if we can find ourself a fast 4th string receiver.. maybe someone who can handle punt and kick returns and stretch the field. Armstrong dropped a couple today.. but all in all he played as good as he has every week.

5. .500 going into the bye! woooo.. i dunno about playoffs but we are gonna turn some heads this year.. I cant wait till the nationally televised greenbay game. the only bad thing is we arent gonna have a top ten pick at this rate :thumbdown ..dang it. Guess you cant have your cake and eat it too.

Great great game.. well played by our team and our coaches.. i dunno how im gonna make it two whole weeks until our next game!

I'm glad Bradford found a deep ball too. With DD, as i always said, he came into the season talking about 2000 yards, there have always been players that have 1 successful season and never back it up, i've always said for him to just rush for 1000 yards again this season would be enourmous.

Why isn't Hollings getting any touches? whats up with that?

Yah I was wondering that too.. the way the teets were stuffing us up the middle.. running around the corners with Hollings may have put up some nice yardage, and opened more stuff up the middle for Wells.

speaking of which.. I saw wells put up some pretty nice blocks while Carr was in the pocket this sunday.. do you think he could make the transition to FB?

I don't know if he could or not, I don't think we could afford to have a RB switch to FB right now with the injuries to Hollings and Davis.

Well I wouldnt really expect him to switch this year.. but next year.. Hollings with Wells as the FB.. we could go with speed around the edges.. or strength up the middle.. at any given moment. They would compliment each other alot.. and if Wells can learn to be a consistent blocker I think it would make him alot more valuable to the team.

We tried Wells at FB for a few plays last year, I think he did an alright job. Hollings need to get back soon. Tossing to him on the outside is a great way of getting 5-10 yards because of his speed.

Back