Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wolf6151 1st 2017 mock attempt.

Wolf6151

All Pro
My 1st attempt at a 2017 mock. This is what I would do as Texans GM, I have no idea what Rick McNair will do.

1. Zach Cunningham-ILB/OLB, great size and sideline to sideline speed, would fill Cushings starting spot at ILB.
2. Dion Dawkins-OT, your new starting RT. If he's not available then pick is Roderick Johnson.
3. Davis Webb-QB, all college QB's are projects when reaching the NFL. He's got the size and arm strength, hopefully he's given time to learn the rest.
4. Jordan Leggett-TE, I like big TE's and we need depth at the position.
4b. Shaquill Griffin-CB, with Joseph, Jackson, and Johnson ahead of him, he'll have mentors and time to learn. 4.38 speed, he can learn the rest.
5. Ben Braden-OG, athletic OG. I've read speculation that he can play OT, utility O-lineman, depth.
7. Josh Tupou-DT, NT depth behind Reader.

My 1st attempt at a 2017 mock. This is what I would do as Texans GM, I have no idea what Rick McNair will do.

1. Zach Cunningham-ILB/OLB, great size and sideline to sideline speed, would fill Cushings starting spot at ILB.
2. Dion Dawkins-OT, your new starting RT. If he's not available then pick is Roderick Johnson.
3. Davis Webb-QB, all college QB's are projects when reaching the NFL. He's got the size and arm strength, hopefully he's given time to learn the rest.
4b. Shaquill Griffin-CB, with Joseph, Jackson, and Johnson ahead of him, he'll have mentors and time to learn. 4.38 speed, he can learn the rest.
5. Ben Braden-OG, athletic OG. I've read speculation that he can play OT, utility O-lineman, depth.

Nice take would be thrilled to land Cunningham in the first. Griffin really lit up the combine. I would throw Moton in that group of tackles as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really like Cunningham .... Dude carried that defense all year.
Meh on Dawkins but its a position of serious need , cant complain.
Webb .... Rather have Peterman IF he's still there. If not , Webb isn't such a poor consolation prize for missing out on the top 5 prospects.

I think Cunningham would add the speed that Cushing has lost and give us an ILB that can blitz the QB, chase down RB's to the edge, handle pass coverage on TE's and RB's out of the backfield. I'm impressed with the film I've seen on Dawkins. I know many sites have him listed as an OG because he played there for the Senior Bowl, but I think he could handle RT in the NFL. All QB prospects are projects for the NFL and Webb has the size, strong arm, and quick release that I like. Is Webb going to be perfect from day 1, hell no, but he's got the basics to work with and I assume he's intelligent because he went to Cal. Leggett has the size I like in a TE along with enough athleticism and I wouldn't have re-signed Griffin, he's only had 1 decent year. You can't coach speed and Griffin ran a 4.38 at the Combine, he's got mentors and coaches ahead of him, he can learn the rest. The Texans aren't going to put him at #1 CB in his rookie year so he's got time to learn. That speed will be nice on special teams. Braden is an athletic OG, I think he'll fill a hole in our interior O-line depth since we lost Aboushi in FA. Tupou is a rotational NT. In the 7th round I'm not looking for a pass rushing NT, just a big guy that can soak up blockers and stuff the run, with enough size that he won't be moved easily from his spot.

I think Cunningham would add the speed that Cushing has lost and give us an ILB that can blitz the QB, chase down RB's to the edge, handle pass coverage on TE's and RB's out of the backfield. I'm impressed with the film

I think Jarrad Davis might be a good consolation prize if Cunningham gets snatched up, he has a similar game.

Great picks but im not on the TE bandwagon would rather have a good pass catching RB . I will be surprised if Webb lasts till the third some are saying he goes in the first !

I Is Webb going to be perfect from day 1, hell no, but he's got the basics to work with and I assume he's intelligent because he went to Cal.

He already had his degree before he went to Cal. Don't know if that makes a difference or not as far as his intelligence goes but thought I would point that out.

I think Webb has a chance to develop, but he did lose his job to Mahomes.

He also broke Goffs records who I think broke Rodgers.

He'd do for a fail safe I guess

He already had his degree before he went to Cal. Don't know if that makes a difference or not as far as his intelligence goes but thought I would point that out.

I think Webb has a chance to develop, but he did lose his job to Mahomes.

He also broke Goffs records who I think broke Rodgers.

He'd do for a fail safe I guess

The word on him at TT was that he was very soft. Could be sour grapes, so take it FWIW. Plus he could have matured at Cal.

Back