Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Win this game and all is forgiven?

houstonlibraria

Practice Squad
We were expected to be 1-1 after the first two games anyways right? So, assuming we go in there and steal one tomorrow we will all be back on the bandwagon and ready for a Super Bowl right?

At least until we lay a goose egg against whoever we lose to next. Then we'll be back to "ZOMG this team sucks! 2-14 again!!!1! Bring Back Sage!!!"

I will not be on the bandwagon if we steal one from them. I will be on the bandwagon when we're the team that opponents want to 'steal' one from.

I'm off the bandwagon until we get Kubiak replaced or Kubiak pulls out a miraculous season that sees us as being bonafide contenders. Not merely a team that ecked its way into the playoffs. I mean contenders.

We were expected to be 1-1 after the first two games anyways right? So, assuming we go in there and steal one tomorrow we will all be back on the bandwagon and ready for a Super Bowl right?

Since this is the same question as euro-texan asked in his poll, I must be consistent.

If we only "steal one", then all is not forgiven. Although, since that would mean we pushed the hated Titans into the AFC South cellar it would definitely be sweet. But the Texans will still be on probation. Truthfully, a lot of us will be waiting for the next let down.

OTOH....

If we go into their place and win convincingly - say by 10 or more - then maaaybe I'll chalk week one up to a case where our boys came out flat and the Jets were pumped and that always leads to the flat team getting pummeled

and honestly, I'm just as interested to see what the Jets do against the Brady Bunch as I am to see how we do against the Titans. If the Jets go toe-to-toe with the Pats, then maybe they were much better than I thought they were and I was premature to expect a win.

Super Bowl...?
Not ready to drink that kind of concentrated kool ade yet. Hell, that's not kool ade, that's Red Bull.

Actually, what this team really needs to do is just play well against a good 3-4 and, more significantly and specifically, go to Indianapolis and KICK SOME PEYTON around. At home ain't good enough. Do it in Indi and THEN I will be impressed.

Put me down as a "no" as well.

It's just a matter of time until another good defensive coach embarrasses us.

Forgiveness will require one of the following to happen:

1. Kubiak takes this team to the playoffs OR
2. Kubiak and Smith get replaced

I will root like hell for this team every sunday,

But forgiven.. NO..

they have broke my too many times so far and they are on probation with me.

What frustrates me with the "Big" wins that the team does, rival fans come in and say "well you played your super bowl" and I admit at the time, I don't believe it and say, our team is getting better.

BUT OTOH, the team has come out repeatedly on games that we think they they should win, esp with a team that supposedly "turned the corner" comes out and lays a big fat goose egg

I honestly have lost track of how many times this team has ended the back 8 of their season with pretty good games and gives us hope for the start of the next season only to play like crap ..

BTW we are on a 7 game Sept losing streak

The astros can afford to do this and get away with it on a 162 game schedule.. The Texans not so much

Come Sunday.. I want them to kick ass and take names . next I expect a win a Jacksonville due to we always play them well. Then we play the Raiders.. That is the game that needs to install some hope in me that they play a team that they should beat and DO IT.

Speaking of baseball, it is funny how the Astros (Texans) start slow and finish hot and the Rangers (Cowboys) start hot and fade .

WTH?

Most likely not. After they got one in Green Bay last year I figured, wow, that took some guts ... maybe we don't suck after all? And then we played the Raiders.

It would make me feel much better though. A road victory against a tough divisional opponent is always something to be happy about but what I really want is to be a few games over .500 and battling for 1st in the division at the halfway mark, something I don't think we've ever done. If we are playing from behind the last half we're pretty much screwed because our schedule is much tougher then and we historically suck when something is on the line.

No - I will never see some posters in the same light again.
As for the team; win some lose some I guess.

I love this team.

It kills me to see us lose. It kills me to see us come out with high expectations, just like we did last year, and get spanked.

I think this team is definitely the most talented version we've ever had. But we have to play better.

I'll be fine as long as we play a good game. If we come out and give the Titans all they can handle, I'm fine. I don't need to win to forgive them. I just need hope that the wins are going to come soon. Very, very soon.

Or I'm going to be very depressed. And still love this team but just in a very sad depressed kinda way.

I'm not sure I'd phrase it as "all is forgiven", but...

The Tacks came out and played one HELL of a game AT Pittsburgh. If the Texans can go to Tennessee (where they rarely win) and pull out a victory after laying an offensive goose-egg vs. the Jets at home, I'd sure be willing to cut them some slack.

I don't see it happening, but I've been wrong before and sure would like to be wrong about what I'm EXPECTING to happen on Sunday.

Last edited:
yes. a win will make me forget week 1 (until we play another 3-4 D). if we roll over again i'll be 10x more pissed, it being against a team in our division and all.

if they beat a good team like the Titans they are showing us they can compete. Every year is a new year so they need to go out and prove they are a good team this year. So far it hasn't been done, but I'd love to see it Sunday.

Im looking at this season as a 4 game season. If we come out of it with at least a 2 and 2 record and look competitve over the next 3 weeks I'll start beleiving in them again. Anything less than that and Im on the fire Kubiack bandwagon for the rest of the year.

I see us back at square one if we win this game. We will have won a game we expected to lose and lost a game we expected to win. The key will be what happens next do we play like crap and build on it.

That being said I will believe we are going in redneckville and win when I see it.

I'll be watching the game and cheering on the Texans but I fully expect the Texans to lose big tomorrow, I'm not being a pessimist, just a realist. We play Jacksonville and Oakland after that and we had better come out of this 4 game stretch at 2-2. If we lose to either Jacksonville or Oakland, thus being 1-3 or worse, then I'll fully support the fire Kubiak sentiment that has re-started around here.

ObsiWan said:
"If we go into their place and win convincingly - say by 10 or more - then maaaybe I'll chalk week one up to a case where our boys came out flat and the Jets were pumped and that always leads to the flat team getting pummeled

and honestly, I'm just as interested to see what the Jets do against the Brady Bunch as I am to see how we do against the Titans. If the Jets go toe-to-toe with the Pats, then maybe they were much better than I thought they were and I was premature to expect a win."

So, we came out flat in our first game this year at home when we're supposed to make a legit playoff run and allowed a rookie QB and rookie coach beat us in our house. NO SIR, there is a bigger problem here!

If the Jets go toe-to-toe with the Pats that means we should have kicked their butts even more on our way to our 1st "legit" playoff season.

Our team is too soft from top to bottom....

If the Jets go toe-to-toe with the Pats that means we should have kicked their butts even more on our way to our 1st "legit" playoff season.Our team is too soft from top to bottom....

I do not understand this reasoning.

Tough question, I think if they don't, Kubes is a good as gone by Monday or late in the season...

Not gonna happen!

Forgive? Probably. Forget? Nope, not likely. I think this is a defining game where this team needs to come together and play like they've never played before. I don't expect this to happen as I don't think this team has it in them - nor do I think Kubiak can inspire that kind of play. I'm hoping for the best, but I've lost a lot of faith in this crew.

Good luck tomorrow guys, should be a great game between these two. I think the Titans D isn't as good as years past. Haynesworth was a big loss for them. Slaton should be able to punch it off the tackles.

Just like the Oilers were my team during some of their bad years, the Texans are my team no matter what they do. That doesn't mean I won't ***** about them, the coaches or anything realted to them if I feel like it. It just means I'll always be in front of my TV when the game starts.

As to the question of forgiveness, no. They should have a winning record this year, that's what I expected. A playoff birth would also be nice, but for me that's simply icing on the cake. I want a 9-7 record this year at the very minimum.

There is NO way, absolutely NO way the TEXANS win tomorrow. Just being realistic. On the road trying to steal a game from the home team that is also 0-1 that played pretty damned competitive to the defending superbowl champs......no way. No freaking way. This Texans team and coaching staff is gutless, heartless, passionless, weak minded, penalty-ridden, joke right now and I won't change my stance or spend one dollar on this team until they prove me wrong. Call me a non-fan or a fake-fan:bat: all you want, but I stick to those words. I hope M. Schaub is bringing his midol and feminine hygiene products b/c he is going to get manhandled out there.

Having said all that,

:fans::fans:

I'm watching every minute of that game and I hope I have to come back and eat my words:jogger::gun:

Last edited:
Win and they're 1-1. Forgiven? I don't know. What shouldn't be forgotten is that every few games the Texans will come in unprepared bordering on disinterested.

No. Win this game and that's a start. The only way I'm going to forgive the Texans for last Sunday is if they don't let this happen again. I don't mean losing, I mean sleepwalking through a game they should be competitive in. They're asked to play 16 regular season games a year and I don't think it's too damned much to ask that they actually show up for those games. That's particularly true for their 8 home games. Tens of thousands of Texans fans show up and pay for the privilege to do so. These tickets are expensive. Parking is expensive. Food and drink at the stadium are beyond expensive. To pay all of that and then have the team show up and be totally unprepared is insulting and disrespectful to the fans who pay to attend and the people of Houston who made it possible for Bob McNair to have a franchise in the first place. We always talk about how he brought football back to Houston but without the Sports Authority here and the construction of Reliant Stadium he wouldn't have stood a chance. Yes, Bob McNair brought the NFL back to Houston but he owes us at least as much. We made it possible for him to join the most exclusive club of owners in professional sports.

I won't be watching the game today. I'll have the DVR set in case it ends up being something worth seeing but I'm already on "got something better to do" mode. This is the earliest I've been there in a season since the Texans entered the league.

Its going to be interesting to see how the O-line blocks in this mess of a field. Its been raining all week in Nashville.

I also am viewing the first four games as a package. We wanted a 3-1 start, but a 2-2 start will keep my interest. I don't know that all is forgiven if we win this game, but all will be forgiven if we can go 3-1...which means that this is a game that we must win. It also means that we play three good games in a row and handle two teams that we should absolutely beat. I HOPE for this.

The reality is, there is nothing about the history of this franchise or this year's team that makes me thing that we have any chance of winning. It just doesn't seem possible:

(1) We payed poorly in the pre-season and we have payed poorly in the beginning of the season.
(2) We are a horrible road team.
(3) The Titans basically own us because they are exactly what we aren't - tough, tough, tough.
(4) We just start off slow.

I think the BIG issue with our team now is that the players must feel like a lot of our fans do...deep down, they don't think they can win this game either.

There is NO way, absolutely NO way the TEXANS win tomorrow. Just being realistic. On the road trying to steal a game from the home team that is also 0-1 that played pretty damned competitive to the defending superbowl champs......no way. No freaking way. This Texans team and coaching staff is gutless, heartless, passionless, weak minded, penalty-ridden, joke right now and I won't change my stance or spend one dollar on this team until they prove me wrong. Call me a non-fan or a fake-fan:bat: all you want, but I stick to those words. I hope M. Schaub is bringing his midol and feminine hygiene products b/c he is going to get manhandled out there.

Having said all that,

:fans::fans:

I'm watching every minute of that game and I hope I have to come back and eat my words:jogger::gun:

Man, I'm feasting on my words and I have to tell you it tastes pretty good.

nice reverse-jinx:fans:

I think j. jones and slaton need to sleep with the ball, walk with the ball, shower with the ball and otherwise practice holding on to the ball.

great game

I'll gladly eat crow on every negative post that I made last week if they take this attitude into the rest of the season.

This was probably the most fun I've ever had watching the Texans.

:texflag:

That was a very good step in the right direction. Very enjoyable. I've not seen it all but I did come home today and watch the fourth quarter. Nice to win one in Tennessee. That's two in a row against the Titans. I'd like to see the Texans manage a sweep this year. That would help but our shameful record against the Titans is another story. This is about the team we have and the season we're likely to have.

Nice to see them take offense to everything that was said and demand some respect. It shows that they still have some pride and heart in there. The Jets beat the Patriots today so I guess we're in good company but that doesn't account for how badly we played in week one. Hopefully the embarrassment carries over another week or two and we play the next two games with the same kind of fire we showed in this one.

Well done Texans. Well done.

That was the offense and defense I expected to see this year. What a fun game.

I'm not sure I'd phrase it as "all is forgiven", but...

The Tacks came out and played one HELL of a game AT Pittsburgh. If the Texans can go to Tennessee (where they rarely win) and pull out a victory after laying an offensive goose-egg vs. the Jets at home, I'd sure be willing to cut them some slack.

I don't see it happening, but I've been wrong before and sure would like to be wrong about what I'm EXPECTING to happen on Sunday.

I'm happy to cut the team some slack...and WAY more than happy to be wrong in my projecting a loss!!

No, not all is forgiven. They made too many mental mistakes and are way too inconsistent. I'm glad they pulled out the win - but we could have one a lot easier had we played consistent football. This team needs to find consistency and stop making the same nmistakes over again. How many times are we going to give up huge TD runs. It has been a theme all preseason and so far the first 2 games in the regular season, we have to get that corrected.

If the Texans start thinking all is well and they don't have to be at peak performance every second of every game, they will do what they usually do and come out flat against the Raiders and lose next week. IIRC, the Oakland loss last year was right after we beat Tennessee. This team has been consistently erratic, following an impressive win with a listless performance against an inferior opponent. Now is when they can drop that tag and perform like a team that is seeking a playoff spot should.

Actually I didn't watch the game. I went out with my wife and did some shopping, ran a few errands. I came home during the 4th quarter and watched the rest of it but if we hadn't finished everything we'd planned on doing by then I'd have missed the whole thing and watched it on the DVR.

That's how screwed up Week 1 was for me.

Back