Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will you forgive McNair if...

RagingBull

Hall of Shame
he keeps Kubiak, hires Phillips, AND:

1) Signs Champ Bailey as a FA AND
2) Trades our first and second for Nmandi Asomugha

I know it will never happen but it IS possible that we make a splash in FA and trades and get some good players.

I think he needs to give all of y'all at the games at least one FREE beer next season.

Then I'll forgive him ;)

Signing FAs is a two way street. I don't hold Bob personally responsible every time we miss on an FA, as money is never the only factor, but I do expect him to aggressively go after DB/DT help. If he doesn't sign at least 2 big ticket FAs, I will be disappointed. If we sign none, I will be pissed regardless of who we get as DC.

I know it will never happen but it IS possible that we make a splash in FA and trades and get some good players.

1) Our team wouldn't give much for Bailey considering his age. Considering Woodson still being legit, I am not necessarily agreeing, but just don't think they will.

2) 1st and 2nd isn't enough to pry Aso from Davis' cold Zombie Lord hands.

I don't think Aso will be worth getting this year. He has that weird deal where he gets paid a salary of the QBs franchise tag value in 2011. So he would cost about 16 million for one year, and have no guarantee he will stay after that. No thanks, that money could be put to better use.

Baily is getting old for a corner - 33 - not over impressed with thie year - would not pay him a bunch on money.

Would not trade a 1 and 2 for asomugha either. He is still pretty good, but that is too much in my opinion.

McNair is taking a big gamble here. If he's right and we start winning on a consistant basis, great all is forgiven; but if he's wrong, it could be disasterous.

I admit, I showed very little passion yestarday.

McNair is taking a big gamble here. If he's right and we start winning on a consistant basis, great all is forgiven; but if he's wrong, it could be disasterous.

I admit, I showed very little passion yestarday.

^This

Never thought that I would care so little about a Texans game......and they were winning. I watched the few minutes I did almost out of obligation as being a fan. I was glad when it was finally over so I could play 360 LIVE....

McNair.....you are breeding apathy at an unprecedented level.

And honestly, I doubt very many of us are in the mood for "forgive McNair" scenarios. The only scenario I care about is the one in which Kubiak is no longer the HC, and if that doesn't happen, McNair can go F himself.

There is a saying in Texas, be an azz hole all you want, just win football games and it won't matter.

It's real simple for McNair, the Texans make the playoffs.

I said during the last year of Carr's tenure that the big issue was McNair. I said he is more involved and controlling of the team than people understand or appreciate.

If the Texans season goes south again next year, I predict McNair will feel more of the rage than Kubiak.

Granted, McNair is in a difficult position regarding the offense statistics and the CBA, but those issues will not factor into people's opinion regarding McNair's decision to keep Kubiak.

McNair can keep Kubiak as HC and Frank Bush as the DC, I will still be a Texans fan who will faithfully follow them and root for them. That's certainly not the scenario I'm hoping for, but whatever he does with his team I will remain a fan. Wouldn't like it, but they'd still be my team.

1) Our team wouldn't give much for Bailey considering his age. Considering Woodson still being legit, I am not necessarily agreeing, but just don't think they will.

2) 1st and 2nd isn't enough to pry Aso from Davis' cold Zombie Lord hands.

I agree with this although I think it would do WONDERS to our young secondary if they could learn from a player like Champ. Even if he only has 1-2 good years left, I think it would be worth looking into.

Is he a FA this season?

I agree with this although I think it would do WONDERS to our young secondary if they could learn from a player like Champ. Even if he only has 1-2 good years left, I think it would be worth looking into.

Is he a FA this season?

Yes, and he has made it known that he isn't interested in staying with the Broncos. Last year he suggested that he would take less money if they would let him convert to Free Safety, which would extend his career. We could use a Free Safety with the sort of instincts he has, which would make him a nice fit if they are willing to take a chance on him.

Yes, and he has made it known that he isn't interested in staying with the Broncos. Last year he suggested that he would take less money if they would let him convert to Free Safety, which would extend his career. We could use a Free Safety with the sort of instincts he has, which would make him a nice fit if they are willing to take a chance on him.

Damn, thats great news. Good enough to keep me excited about getting him until he signs with another team and I go home disappointed.........again.

And no, I would not forgive Mcnair. He no longer gets the benefit of the doubt assuming Kubiak comes back. The only thing that I would forgive him for would be if we made a deep run into the playoffs AND won the division.

At that point, it would take probably one more year of similar success to wipe out any bad things I have said about him.

Two good years would do it for me as I beleive if you can put together two good years, your team is finally a perrenial contender like the Colts, Pats, Steelers, etc.

Is he a FA this season?

I have no problem at all with signing Bailey, either. Smithiak will probably disagree with us, though. I still say that if Woodson can still be an impact player at 34, Bailey shouldn't be dismissed as done. Hell, as mentioned, he is light years ahead of what we currently have.

Unfortunately, FA and trade talks are moot until a new CBA is reached. I suppose we'll still discuss them over the offseason....cuz that's what we do as Texans fans

For me, it's all about winning.

Next year's schedule is going to be just as tough next year. If we can come out with a winning season, a play-off appearance, & an AFC Championship game appearance....

Then I'll forgive.

If we fail next year, & our schedule for 2012 is a weak one, sub 500 & we do well, then I'll have an issue.

I want this team to be good, not just "look" good.

Back