Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Will Texans' Foster be looking at the kind of deal Chiefs gave Charles ?fs

Foster has been very good, but so has everyone else we've put back there(5.0 Foster, 6.1 Ward, 4.9 Slaton). With Denny here I think we're more likely to trade him for an important piece(think Portis for Champ) than to tie up a lot of money at a position that this scheme views as plug and play.

Foster has been very good, but so has everyone else we've put back there(5.0 Foster, 6.1 Ward, 4.9 Slaton). With Denny here I think we're more likely to trade him for an important piece(think Portis for Champ) than to tie up a lot of money at a position that this scheme views as plug and play.
After investing a second round pick in this years Draft on a back, I got reservations about you're theory that the Texans view that position as
"plug and play" ?

Why would we trade away our best player? Should we get rid of Andre Johnson too?

Come on...Foster is one of the lone bright spots of this underachieving team.

Well, we are notorious for rewarding great players early in their career.

I think they get 100 tokens to Dave & Busters. Grandpa Bob is good to his grandkids.

Let's just sit and watch and see how the awesome Texans handle this situation. I don't think this team has a plug-and-play scheme. I think they do a good job of blocking, but it requires a helluva' runner with great vision and even better moves to make it look as good as Foster has made it look.

Color me surprised if Foster gets a new deal here after this season.

Well, we are notorious for rewarding great players early in their career.

I think they get 100 tokens to Dave & Busters. Grandpa Bob is good to his grandkids.

Let's just sit and watch and see how the awesome Texans handle this situation. I don't think this team has a plug-and-play scheme. I think they do a good job of blocking, but it requires a helluva' runner with great vision and even better moves to make it look as good as Foster has made it look.

Color me surprised if Foster gets a new deal here after this season.

It should be a lot easier when Rick Smith is gone. Hopefully, he'll be gone.

With Foster being as young as he is and it being so early in his career, I would be surprised if they didn't re-sign him.

It should be a lot easier when Rick Smith is gone. Hopefully, he'll be gone.

Well, my theory is that Rick Smith is not going to be gone.

I think McNair really really likes the guy.

So, I won't get my hopes up about it.

I noticed espn is reporting that the Broncos are at least in some sort of thought process about having John Elway join the Broncos. It would be OK with me if Rick Smith and Kubiak returned to Denver to rebuild that team.

I have a feeling Elway is going to want Tebow to be Elway in Denver. Just a hunch. The last time they had a mobile QB there, it worked out pretty well.

Mike Leach is being linked to Denver, believe it or not. While it's only a rumor, it causes one to perk up and pay attention when you consider Tebow ran a spread-type offense in Florida. Add Elway to the mix, and it's not too far-fetched to see a guy like Leach come in and work with one of the most prolific college QBs (Tebow) of all time. Of course, I think Leach didn't take too kindly to pansy Christians at TTU--He didn't out-and-out hate them, but he did have several confrontations with his players about (a) huddling up with the opponent after games and praying, and (b) talking a good talk, as a Christian, but then not walking the walk. So...there's an issue there with that probability of Leach being the HC. Plus, he's unproven in the NFL and ran a gimmick offense at Tech. I give it a slim chance.

Kubiak gives Denver the best chance at becoming respectable again.

Then, they can enjoy hitting the ceiling and going no further than 9-7. And every time we play the Broncos, our players will OWN the Broncos. Because we know Kubiak like the backs of our hands.

If Elway joins the Broncos, I think the Kubiak-to-Denver rumors gain momentum.

True, but only IF we're keeping Kubiak. Otherwise who knows WHAT scheme we'll be in 2 years down the road.

I'd say yes, without the if.

Foster should be here long after this scheme is gone.
Agreed, but if Kubes' is still here, he's trade bait.

Kubiak gives Denver the best chance at becoming respectable again.

Then, they can enjoy hitting the ceiling and going no further than 9-7. And every time we play the Broncos, our players will OWN the Broncos. Because we know Kubiak like the backs of our hands.

If Elway joins the Broncos, I think the Kubiak-to-Denver rumors gain momentum.

The difference is, 9-7 is enough to win the AFC West at least every other year. 9-7 could be considered successful in that division, but it isn't in the AFC South where you need to win at least 11 games to have a shot at the title.

The Kansas City Chiefs have reached agreement with running back Jamaal Charles on a five-year, $32.5 million deal that includes $13 million guaranteed, according to a league source.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5909051
&&
I'd say yes if they hadn't spent a 2nd round pick this year on another running back.

Not this season. He will be an exclusive rights free agent next season which means he will either (i) sign the 1 year tender offer that the Texans WILL extend him or (ii) sit out for the season. He has no rights to talk to other teams.

Will be interesting to watch this transpire, especially if he performs next season as well as he has this season. Assuming he does and the Texans want him here, I would think a deal similar to Charles' will be made.

The difference is, 9-7 is enough to win the AFC West at least every other year. 9-7 could be considered successful in that division, but it isn't in the AFC South where you need to win at least 11 games to have a shot at the title.

Not this year and not this AFC South!

Is foster really this good or just a flash in da pan

He did get shut down Today and to the giants and Dallas has well has prob others

is really just a plug in play

We do got Ben Tate coming back next year

THere is alot to think about IMO

He did get shut down Today and to the giants and Dallas has well has prob others

What? What? What? WHAT?

Is this serious? :mariopalm:

100 yards is being shut down?!?!

Well damn, i hope he gets shut down every game :kubepalm:

Words just could never describe the failure of this post.

20 carries for 100 yards averaging 5 yards a carry isn't getting shutdown, especially against the Ravens defense which doesn't give up many yards on the ground.

I'm having a really hard time believing you are a real person and not some sort of internet chat bot made for forums.

Translation:
Is Foster a one-year wonder? He got shut down today by the Ravens; he also got shut down by the Giants and Dallas. Is he a product of the system?

However, we do get Ben Tate back next year. His performance might indicate Foster's future with this team

My response:

No, I don't believe Foster is a one-year wonder. His vision, deceptive speed and elusiveness is what makes him a great back.

He didn't get shut down by the Ravens. He averaged 5 ypc against a very GOOD defense.

Rick Smith, please re-sign Foster. Oh wait, whoever our future GM will be, please resign Foster. I'm optimistic. What can I say?

As someone who's seen Samkon Gado and Wali Lundy as a starting running back for this team, I'm more than happy to give Foster the same deal Charles got, if not a little bit better.

You don't lead the league in rushing by being a plug-and-play back. Arian is an elite runningback, and he needs to be locked down because I can guarantee you that 31 other teams will pay him. We got really lucky getting him as an undrafted free agent.

Arian Foster currently leads all Texans in total votes for the Pro Bowl. In fact, he's the 8th leading vote-getter right now for the NFL.

The NFL definitely knows about him.

Under current collective bargaining rules, Arian Foster has almost no freedom until he has 4 years of league service. After this season, he is a "exclusive rights free agent" and the Texans are the only team that can sign him unless they let him walk. I believe they are only obliged to offer him a contract that is a 10% increase over his original contract. After next season, assuming things remain the same, he would be a restricted free agent and the texans could offer him a one year contract for around $2.5 million dollars. At that point, a team would have to give up a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick as compensation and sign him to a contract that the Texans would have 7 days to match.

Long story short: he isn't going anyway until 2013 unless the Texans decide they want nothing to do with him.

Arian Foster currently leads all Texans in total votes for the Pro Bowl. In fact, he's the 8th leading vote-getter right now for the NFL.

The NFL definitely knows about him.
Even if the fans are voting for him, will the players and coachs vote for him over made-men in the AFC like vets Maurice Jones-Drew and Chris Johnson ?

Under current collective bargaining rules, Arian Foster has almost no freedom until he has 4 years of league service. After this season, he is a "exclusive rights free agent" and the Texans are the only team that can sign him unless they let him walk. I believe they are only obliged to offer him a contract that is a 10% increase over his original contract. After next season, assuming things remain the same, he would be a restricted free agent and the texans could offer him a one year contract for around $2.5 million dollars. At that point, a team would have to give up a 1st round pick and a 3rd round pick as compensation and sign him to a contract that the Texans would have 7 days to match.

Long story short: he isn't going anyway until 2013 unless the Texans decide they want nothing to do with him.
And if all of that isn't bad enough for Foster in terms of having the ability to negotiate with the Texans (or another team) at this time to get a deal, the Texans will have their #2 overall pick coming off of IR for 2011 to step into the starting slot if Foster is even thinking about some kind of holdout.
Arian basically has got no leverage at this time.

Back