Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Will Foster become the all time Texans rusher tonight?

JamesBill

Waterboy
Slaton put up 1282 in 2008. If Arian gets 136 he will be the all time rusher.

He has already destroyed Slaton's receiving numbers for that year (377 vs 453) which is interested cause I remember calls to put slaton in the slot as a receiver sometimes.

Not only is this guy legit, he is the best the Texans have ever had, and possibly the best we will ever have for decades. It just makes another reason why despite the losing, this is a great time to be a Texans fan.

He has already destroyed Slaton's receiving numbers for that year (377 vs 453) which is interested cause I remember calls to put slaton in the slot as a receiver sometimes.

Not only is this guy legit, he is the best the Texans have ever had, and possibly the best we will ever have for decades. It just makes another reason why despite the losing, this is a great time to be a Texans fan.

I don't know how the Eagle's run D is compared to some of the other teams we have played. If he doesn't break it tonight, he definately will soon. 136 yards is a lot to put up in a single game. I think we've gotten spoiled a few times from him having some huge numbers, but I think he'll probably end up a little short of that by the end of the game. I just want us to win.....if that takes him getting 136 yards rushing, then so be it.

I don't know how the Eagle's run D is compared to some of the other teams we have played. If he doesn't break it tonight, he definately will soon. 136 yards is a lot to put up in a single game. I think we've gotten spoiled a few times from him having some huge numbers, but I think he'll probably end up a little short of that by the end of the game. I just want us to win.....if that takes him getting 136 yards rushing, then so be it.

They don't do a great job stopping the run. The Chargers, Jets, and Titans are way better at run D.

"All time" generally refers to a career mark. Foster can pass both Domanick Davis and Slaton for the team single season rushing mark.

Davis leads in career rushing yards with 3,195. Foster currently has 1,404 career rushing yards and at his current pace of 82.6 ypg, would pass Davis by Week 1 of the 2012 season.

"All time" generally refers to a career mark. Foster can pass both Domanick Davis and Slaton for the team single season rushing mark.

Davis leads in career rushing yards with 3,195. Foster currently has 1,404 career rushing yards and at his current pace of 82.6 ypg, would pass Davis by Week 1 of the 2012 season.

I was just thinking that there was no way he has more career rushing yards than Domanick Davis

Vikings RB Adrian Peterson leads all non-quarterbacks with 591,598 votes.
Houston's Arian Foster, currently the league's top rusher, leads AFC running backs.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...agles-qb-michael-vick-leads-pro-bowl-voting/1
&&
This statement relates to Pro Bowl votes and appears in a story that just came out today, so apparently Foster has overtken Chris Johnson in the
latest Pro bowl voting totals for backs in the AFC ?
What's left, 2 more weeks ? Keep up the voting, because having the AFCs starting PB running back is some salvation to a disappointing season. Sorta, I guess ?

I really don't like the Pro Bowl. I can only stand a few minutes of it before I lose interest and want to change the channel.

I hate it even more when Texans make it in because I then have to watch a boring game (gotta support the team, after all)...:kitten:

I really don't like the Pro Bowl. I can only stand a few minutes of it before I lose interest and want to change the channel.

I hate it even more when Texans make it in because I then have to watch a boring game (gotta support the team, after all)...:kitten:

Except our guys go all out and make the rest of the league laugh at them.

silver lining i guess woo freakin hoo:spin:

Foster needs 53 yards to break Slaton's single season rushing mark (1282). I hope he gets it on national TV. Arian's enjoying one of best seasons a Texan has ever had and helps make this team watchable.

Arian Foster now holds the Texans single season rushing record, 1330 yards (and climbing).

Take a bow, Arian.

400-foster-bow.jpg

Arian Foster now holds the Texans single season rushing record, 1330 yards (and climbing).

Take a bow, Arian.

400-foster-bow.jpg

52 yards up on MJD, 3 games to go and the Jags are on deck at the end of the year.

It would be nice if Arian got the rushing title.

Eight QBs and two RBs make up the top 10 in voting thus far. In order from third to 10th are: Colts QB Peyton Manning, Vikings RB Adrian Peterson, Packers QB Aaron Rodgers, Saints QB Drew Brees, Chargers QB Philip Rivers, Texans RB Arian Foster, Falcons QB Matt Ryan, and Jaguars QB David Garrard.
http://content.usatoday.com/communi...ael-vick-patriots-tom-brady-pro-bowl-voting/1
&&
This article is dated the 15th, so it's a more current update of Pro Bowl voting and looks like Foster is hanging in there as after Peterson he's getting more votes than any other back.
However, even though he may lead other AFC backs like Maurice J-D & Chris Johnson, this is just fan voting and counts for only 1/3 and the other 2/3 comes from the players & coachs. And you know that in their eyes Foster is a rook while J-D & Johnson have been in the league long enough to be
"made-men", so I wouldn't assume that Arian is in the Pro Bowl just because he wins the fans' vote.

Back