Why Do I feel Disappointed For Some Reason?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by sluggo832004, Dec 30, 2018.

1. sluggo832004

sluggo832004 Rookie

I know the texans turned it around. thats great. But they had a legit chance to have a bye and fumbled the opportunity twice. This just feels like another 1 and done year.

And of course they have to play new England if they win the first round of the playoffs.

Hervoyel and santo like this.
  2. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

:crying::crying::crying:

thunderkyss and Max like this.
  3. santo

santo Hall of Fame

OB should have been aggressive against the Colts and Eagles. When he needs to be conservative he doesn’t like in today’s game in the 4th quarter. I don’t see us beating the Ravens but maybe we’ll stand a better chance against the Colts.

4. tedr

tedr Veteran

I know what you mean...it’s hard for me to get too excited knowing that if they do win next week, they’ll have to go to NE. The one difference this year is Deshaun Watson. I don’t know how far they’ll go, or if they’ll even win next week, but I can’t wait to see DS4 in the playoffs- it should be fun, if nothing else.

leebigeztx, House of Pain and Texazan like this.
  5. Bugman7star

Bugman7star Veteran

There are no guarantees. I am hoping that big stage, play-off football turns DW4 into a beast and we see things we haven't seen yet.

6. Texazan

Texazan Our HOF 34

Even as bad as we are in a lot of places specifically the OL, if BOB can pull his head out and we mix it up well I wouldn’t be surprised to see DW4 be the difference. We’ve NEVER had a QB like this in the playoffs so I’m going to remain optimistic going in to the first game and NE if we get there

ShinobiMusashi, TexansBull and Max like this.
  7. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

It’s either Colts or Titans for us in the first round. AFC North champion would play the higher wild card.

CWTexansFan and santo like this.
  8. AngryNateFTW

AngryNateFTW All Pro

Watson gives us a chance in any game we play. We beat Philly if our defense could have done......anything.

I agree, though, tough to feel confident when we had a chance twice and blew it. (For a bye week)

NastyNate likes this.
  9. jshabang

jshabang Quality Backup!

You feel disappointed because we about to get our ass handed to us this week by the Colts or Ravens....... we are one and done....... we don’t any wild card we play........ or the chargers....... any of those teams are gonna come and embarrass us next week in houston.........

Surreal McCoy and NastyNate like this.
  10. TheMatrix31

TheMatrix31 Hall of Fame

Because it's been five years of the same **** and division titles don't mean jack when you know you have a team that is battered with injuries and impotent coaching.

You're just getting used to it not mattering because you know what the team really is.

Surreal McCoy and TxnsJuggernaut like this.

11. infantrycak

infantrycak Admin & Mod Staff Member

You've made your opinion clear. Must it be done so redundantly?

12. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

It's been hard to appreciate this season the way I should. 11-5? I'll take that every year. Trouble is, I never forgot about the 0-3 start. Or the couple of wins after that which had every chance to be losses.

The only people oblivious to our offensive line woes might in fact be the Texans themselves. (Again.) We should be drafting linemen every year non stop till we finally get it right. Will we?

And this defense is pretty good against the run. Against the pass we've been torched again and again. Most playoff teams have legit QBs. Statistically over the last handful of games any solid qb has waterboarded us. I dont know why that would change now.

I dont see anything more in our coaching or special teams to think they might win. Just average.

Ultimately, I guess what I'm trying to say is I like this team, they're a resilient group. I just dont like them enough to bet on them. I'll be happy with just 1 playoff win. Anything more is icing.

Corrosion, austins23 and Texan Asylum like this.
  13. jshabang

jshabang Quality Backup!

I’m just answering the thread........

14. amazing80

amazing80 Site Contributor

Because you’re a salty ass.

Sure we didn’t win them all but no one really does. We had a great year and I’m proud!

15. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

You're quite right, we've never had a QB like Watson before. And he could pull us out of a game in the playoffs just on his play alone. But that can't go on forever in the playoffs when each game is escalatingly harder than the previous one.

16. jshabang

jshabang Quality Backup!

Exactly...... if I have seen this team in the last 6 weeks at least put one or two full games together in all three phases ..... offense defense and special teams ...... I would be sold..... but I have not seen it not one time...... either the defense is playing ok and the offense is not or vice versa...... very rarely both at the same time...... not even against teams we were suppose to beat...... so hard for me to believe that we will somehow turn it on against Tom Brady or any of these playoff teams

House of Pain, DocBar and powda like this.
  17. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

The Texans are in, so anything can happen and Watson proved to me that it ain't over til it's over last week. If Flacco and Dilfer can have SB rings and Eli Manning have 2, why not Houston? Other than the fact that every other team but the Ravens have an elite QB who will absolutely carve up the Texans secondary and Watson will probably get sacked 63 more times if the Texans make it to the SB. Other than those two small details, why not the Texans?

I posted something about the Texans winning enough games in 2018 to make everyone forget about 0-3 and just how poorly the Texans offense was performing and/or how poor of an OC OB is. I was correct. I don't hate on OB as a HC nearly as much as I do with him as OC. He is so utterly predictable in his play calling and he seems to have no feel for the game. It's like he has memorized what a team is supposed to do in certain situations/ down and distance and that's what he calls.

gafftop, NitroGSXR and PapaL like this.
  18. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

I'm watching Baltimore. I dont want to play this team.

JB and Corrosion like this.
  19. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Why not? The Texans are good at stopping the run and suck at stopping the pass. I'd much rather face Baltimore than any other team in the playoffs. AFC or (hopefully) NFC. Besides, with the Texans running the Triple Option offense, the defense is used to playing college football.

PapaL and Lucky like this.
  20. powda

powda Team BLEACH!

IF clowney and watt play assignment sound instead of freelancing like usual Jackson scares me a lot less.