Thanks for your support!

Whose mock is the best?

Whose mock is the best?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The Athletic, ESPN, NFL.com, and PFF have each compiled 3 round mocks recently (NFL.com actually 4 rounds). Who did the best job of matching value with the Texans needs? Read the results below and participate in the poll above:

The Athletic
1.2 - Bryce Young - QB
1.12 - Nolan Smith - Edge
2.33 - Darnell Washington - TE
3.65 - Cam Smith - CB
3.73 - Rashee Rice - WR

ESPN
1.2 - Bryce Young - QB
1.12 - Jaxon Smith-Njibga - WR
2.33 - Will McDonald - Edge
3.65 - Luke Wypler - C
3.73 - Daiyan Henley - LB

NFL.com
1.2 - Bryce Young - QB
1.12 - Bijan Robinson - RB
2.33 - Quentin Johnston - WR
3.65 - Derick Hall - Edge
3.73 - Zack Kuntz - TE

PFF
1.2 - Bryce Young - QB
1.17 (Trade w/Steelers) - Devon Witherspoon - CB
2.33 - Brian Branch - S
3.65 - Luke Wypler - C
3.73 - Daiyan Henley - LB
3.80 (Trade w/Steelers) - Tyler Scott - WR

On paper, the NFL.com mock based on talent alone looks strong so that's who I voted for. However, I really liked the positions chosen by ESPN just not the players (McDonald and Henley). My ranking would be:
NFL.com
ESPN
PFF
The Athletic

I voted ESPN. But the nfl.com mock listed had Wypler at round 4 which is ultimately the best . I suspect an equivalent value would not be at pick 104 in the ESPN mock.

I would used theirs to create my own specifically trading 1.2 to Colts for 4 and 35.
12 to 17 Steelers

4. Tyree Wilson 17 Quentin Johnston 33 Hyatt 35 Hooker 65 Wypler 73 Rice 80 Safety Sidney Brown or JL Skinner 4.104 Israel Abanikanda

I would used theirs to create my own specifically trading 1.2 to Colts for 4 and 35.
12 to 17 Steelers

4. Tyree Wilson 17 Quentin Johnston 33 Hyatt 35 Hooker 65 Wypler 73 Rice 80 Safety Sidney Brown or JL Skinner 4.104 Israel Abanikanda

There is a mock draft thread for that. This is for specific mocks by the media.

You need a decent understanding of true value along with team fit and needs to have a good mock draft.

Athletic may not blow you away but its very realistic, hits on needs and player fits. Washington is like an extra tackle in protection and run blocking, not to mention red-zone target. A

ESPN is ok, two Ohio States might be ok with Stroud? B-

NFL. com is really good, Bijan #12 would just push Pierce aside as #1. B+

PFF basically two CB/Slot safeties back to back plus no way Witherspoon there this late. C

Reactions: JB
This guy was 5th ranked WR in the nation last season according to PFF.
Runs a 4:53 40 which is not bad but not good enough to take the top off defenses.
Runs good routes, breaks tackles and makes diving catches.
Needs some polish but that is what pro coaching is for.
Has some potential and will upgrade our Receiving Corp.
His bio reads very nice in nfldraftbuzz.com

Most likely to come true - ESPN

Personal favorite - Athletic. I have a man thing for the big TE and Nolan Smiths speed would add a dynamic element to the D.

Most interesting/exciting - NFL. I don’t see them taking Robinson, but have to admit his talent intrigues me and the buzz around here would be at fever pitch adding him with Bryce and the big WR. This offense would be dangerous.

WTF - PFF just don’t see it. We hit the secondary in rd 1 and 2 last year and now we do it again and ignore WR and edge? Not buying it.

I am voting ESPN based on position and good name matches. Just a good solid draft hitting the major need areas at the right spots. Athletic is a runner up. NFL most exciting but in 3rd for realistic, and PFF is out to lunch.

Athletic #1, PFF #2, ESPN #3 and NFL #4.

I'm beginning to like a trade with Washington for their #16, #47, #118, 2024 #1, and 2025 #1 for the Texans #2.

Back