Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Whoa! Possible Sumlin-type distraction with Titans' HC Munchak!

GP

Go Texans!
Apparently, Titans head coach Mike Munchak is the lead candidate to become head coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions. A source close to Munchak says that Munchak will decide within a week!

Penn State has not given up hope it can lure Mike Munchak for its coaching vacancy, a persistence grounded in the belief the Titans coach may listen to the Nittany Lions after all, sources said Saturday.

Munchak has repeatedly stated he would remain at Tennessee, but a source close to him said Munchak is struggling with the concept that he can "fix and make right" his alma mater.

"He loves his school and his heart is torn," the source said Saturday. "He really fits what they want and need to a tee."

The source said Munchak's situation should be resolved within a week.
The Titans end their season Sunday against the Texans in Houston.

Two sources said Saturday New England Patriots offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien is a candidate if Munchak does not reconsider. O'Brien is the offensive play-caller for Tom Brady.

Link to the rest of the story can be found here.

Mods, I placed this story in the Texans Talk forum because the Titans are our opponent tomorrow, it seems relevant to the game day talk this weekend. This might impact how much the players will play for Munchak, similar to the fallout from the University of Houston situation between Sumlin and his players when it was learned that Sumlin was leaving for A&M.

Anyways, move if you want to. Figured it could stay here until late Sunday or Monday since people see this forum more than the NFL Forum.

Hmmmmm... A college job that is actually more attractive than a pro job...
:hmmm:

If these players are "pros" it shouldn't really effect them at all. That's the difference between college and pro players. The players in the NFL know it's a business and treat it as such.

I do like how the article goes ahead and says the Titans season will end Sunday. :)

Fam, I think he's gone.

"The man who FIXED Penn St." His alma mater. That means a ton to him. If TEN misses the playoffs, it's going to be extra tough for him to stick around. Personally, I think he's going.

He said he is not interested. I guarantee you he will absolutely no way coach at his old college.... until he does. (snicker)

Munch should take that job in a New York minute.

Just think ..... he'd get to live in a real city with running water and indoor plumbing. Wouldn't have to eat possum stew & raccoon kaybobs at charitable events.
toothless.gif

Decision? Not!

Munch should take that job in a New York minute.

Just think ..... he'd get to live in a real city with running water and indoor plumbing. Wouldn't have to eat possum stew & raccoon kaybobs at charitable events. Decision? Not!

LOL. Dat is funnie.

Back