• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blake

MMQB
1. Colts
2. Jaguars
3.Texans
4. Titans

I think the Colts will take it again. But I think another AFC South team will make it into the playoffs.

1. Colts
2. Texans
3. Titans
4. Jaguars

Colts win it, but the Texans beat them in Houston this year. :jumpbanan

I voted Texans. If the Texans stay healthy, I see a divisional title won. The Colts off-season didn't go well and neither did the Titans. The Colts will still have their offense but won't have a solid D to lock in games. The Texans look better to me overall on paper. Again...if the injury bug stays away for the season...I see the Texans winning the AFC South divisional title.

Even though they really havent upgraded their defense, the Colts are the favorites.
Texans 2nd
Jags 3rd
and those stupid Titans 4th

I dont see anybody in the position to beat the Colts this year, but we take one game from them and its a dog fight for the second position because whoever that is, is the Wildcard. :woot:

Colts
Texans :woot:
Titans :bag:
Jaguars :shrug:

This poll is pretty cool, if you click on the number of votes the teams have, it shows you who voted for which team to win the AFC South.

Cool feature.

I guess I am the only one that picked the Titans. I thought they did well in replacing their losses, in fact I thought they upgraded their depth with all their picks. Kearse.. I still don't think that was a big loss to them . Smith was a bigger loss. Eddie George is slowing down and who knows what Brown will do for them. Somehow the titans are always pushing the limits on the salary cap and some how they find ways to get through it. But they have McNair..

Colts will always have the offense. They really didn't impress me on the defensive side of the ball.

Jags will continue to improve and they upgraded the weapons around the offense and will be tough

I feel that we will make strides yet won't win the division. We still are a little green around the ears,but we will come close this year. I think we will still come in 3rd behind the Colts and Titans and it will be close. I do believe this is the year we beat on of those teams :D As long as we stay healthy

I think it is still hard to tell who will win the division. However, I believe that either the Colts or the Titans will have some injuries and will begin their decline. I think the Texans and Jags will be in the top 3 with one of the two hopefully winning the division.

bckey said:
Titans 13-3
Colts 12-4
Texans 8-8
Jaguars 7-9

Titans 13-3?? Wow, I have to disagree there. They play Green Bay in Lambeau on a Monday night, open the season at Miami (which, unless you're the TEXANS, is a tough place to win a season opener!), have games against the Chiefs and Vikings, play the Dolts twice, and are guaranteed (yes, GUARANTEED) to lose at least one to the Texans. No way they finish that strong.

12-4 looks very plausible for the Dolts...Houston 8-8 is a good bet considering the brutal division schedule. Jacksonville is a puzzle to me. :shrug:

You don't know me J.T. ;) It seems like if you want to win in Vegas vote against me :D For some reason I have bad luck predicting sporting events

I have to see the texans winning it, seems to me they can give the colts a close game and come away with a win unlike they did last year, looking forward to those games this year.

This is an organization that continues to win. The colts, still looking to get better each year, have not solidified themselves as a top team. Defensively they are horrible! The titans did a decent job in the draft and have an excellent coach that will get them back to a certain level. I like the Texans to finish second, and the colts to slip a bit! Jags Last after the colts!

I think the AFC South will be very competitive next season; for that reason, 1. Colts 11-5 2. Titans 10 - 6 3. Texans 9-7 4. Jags 7-9 Colts haven't replaced their defensive holes but their offense is so strong to overcome. After this season, they will regress because or their cap problems ( probably lose E. James ) Titans have similar problems and they had a good ( not great ) draft to replace their losses. They are still rookies and there is no guarantee that they will all panned out.

The Jags will not go 7-9. Their record will be better than that. They will at least split with all division opponents.

Colts 11-5
Titans 9-7
Texans 8-8
Jaguars 7-9

You guys seem to forget that the Jags and the Texans finished 7 games behind the other two teams. I see the gap narrowing this year. The field will be a toss-up in 2005 though.

TheOgre said:
Colts 11-5
Titans 9-7
Texans 8-8
Jaguars 7-9

You guys seem to forget that the Jags and the Texans finished 7 games behind the other two teams. I see the gap narrowing this year. The field will be a toss-up in 2005 though.

I have a feeling that one of the powerhouses will fall this year. You cant stay on top forever with the cap.

I think it is the titans that will fall. McNair is injury prone, and their backup is long gone. I think they will fall bigtime.

Whomever wins 10 games will win the division. Period. There are too many quality teams in the AFC South which in turns means we will all be beating up on each other.

You Guys Have To Be Delusional If U Think The Texans Will Win Te Division And The Jags Will Finish Last

There Is A Such Thing As Supporting Ur Team But Lets Be Realistic....the Texans Will Improve They May Or May Not When The Division There Is A 1/4 Chance But They Will Have To Compete With The Jags , And Colts I See The Titans Being At The Bottom All Those Injuries Will Finally Catch Up With Mc Nair And I Dont See Their Defense Molding That Well Over One Season

With That Being Said I Agree That Its Goin To Be A Tight Race

Colts 11-5,jags 10-6,texans 9-7 And Titans 7-9 Im Prob Off A Game Or 2

However The Bolts Wont Get Far In The Playoffs

Wow I Think You Got The Texans Record Rite , U Gotta Be Delusional If You Think The Bolts Will Make The Playoffs

:neener:

I couldn't help it.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS said:
Texans will be 16-0 this season or 15-1 at worst so of course we win the AFC South. :)

15-1??? Where's the faith?! We WILL NOT lose a game this year and that is final!

:jumpbanan

I think the Colts would have to be the odds-on favorite going in; Texans will improve and perhaps the Titans will slip a notch.

I'm unsure about the Jags. I didn't keep up with their draft at all or free agency.

It's all a big variable though. One team loses several top shelf players and it changes the whole complexion of the season.

I seriously don't see how people can make us a division contender? I seriously doubt it, come on people, think with your head, dont think with your heart. I'd love to see the Texans pull it off, but thats like, the absolute best thing that has a chance of happening to us next year. David Carr missed half the year last year, so he has a year of getting killed, and half a year of playing. Offensive line is a little better, defensive line is a little better. Cornerback position could go through struggles with a rookie starting, and our linebackers look better.

How could we win a division title with Colts, Titans, and Jaguars? Jaguars have done as good as us in the off-season this year. Colts didn't do much, but what the heck they havn't lost much. Titans revamped that d-line that they lost, their line will be good again trust me. So basically, I see us winning a division title..... a long shot.....

the way i see the division going this season is this

colts 11-5 last year to make a run at the superbowl...would be better but loses on defense will hurt them...they'll lose in the wildcard game

texans 10-6 i know ya'll think is a little far fetched but i don't...carr, johnson, and davis improve but the defense really steps it up this season after a bad year last year

jaguars 7-9 they did improve on offense during the offseason but the lose of fernardo bryant will be felt...washington isn't a starting corner...leftwich is still learning...they lose three games in the 4th quarter

titans 4-12 yeah yeah they lost people during the offseason but that isn't the reason i have them so low...all the years of injuries to eddie and steve will catch up to them...mcnair will start good this season but will the injuries will catch up to him early in the year and they'll never get back

DoCt3rJ said:
I seriously don't see how people can make us a division contender? I seriously doubt it, come on people, think with your head, dont think with your heart. I'd love to see the Texans pull it off, but thats like, the absolute best thing that has a chance of happening to us next year. David Carr missed half the year last year, so he has a year of getting killed, and half a year of playing. Offensive line is a little better, defensive line is a little better. Cornerback position could go through struggles with a rookie starting, and our linebackers look better.

How could we win a division title with Colts, Titans, and Jaguars? Jaguars have done as good as us in the off-season this year. Colts didn't do much, but what the heck they havn't lost much. Titans revamped that d-line that they lost, their line will be good again trust me. So basically, I see us winning a division title..... a long shot.....

its sarcasm, lighten up. 9-7 was my original prediction.

I wasn't pointing any fingers, wasn't directed towards you, but ok buddy. Sarcasm or not, why even say it ? It's like were Cardinals fans and we think Cardinals are goin to the superbowl with Dennis Green as coach this year. They say it cause their fans. Need to get a little more realistic though..

Colts
TEXANS
Jags
Titans

Yep, you heard it right. Titans at the bottom of the pile. Way too early to make a realistic prediction but they look good last in the division.

I can already hear the flamers calling for Fischers' head.

Just thought it would be interesting to throw this back in the mix.

So how did you do?

I did pretty good with this one:
TEXANS84 said:
Whomever wins 10 games will win the division. Period. There are too many quality teams in the AFC South which in turns means we will all be beating up on each other.

STOP-LOL!
This thread was started back in August 04' to see what the Texans record would be this past year. I dug this thread back up to see what everyone's predictions from the start of the year ended up being at the end of the year!

Back