Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who was the most pleasant surprise tonight?

I was pleasantly surprised by Andre Davis as well, he caught everything that came his way. I think he realizes that his salary makes him expendable as a 3rd WR and that he's trying to justify that huge salary and playing well trying to make the team. Barwin looked good, Okam looked good as well, Chris Brown looked good, as well as Ryan Moats.

we need to get the equipment manager out of preseason form

9171fa73c88621448e157aa8b76ff04a-getty-.jpg

capt.79aad9798fdf4b5394926f273467d1ab.texans_chiefs_football_moow101.jpg

slaton always loses his helmet.:photos:

to be fair, that had more to do with bowe than richardson. he was matched up against a very good wideout (who just happens to be playing because hes in the doghouse)

Yeah, that's not really fair to get onto Richardson when he's possibly guarding the teams best WR. Bowe did make some really good catches.

Okam was the biggest surprise to me. I saw a MAJOR difference in Okam last night vs anything I saw last year. He looked like the most improved player that was on last years roster. If Kollar can keep his motor going like last night, he's going to be an impact player on the Dline. I think they need to be wise though and limit his snaps so that he can be at near maximum effectiveness for the snaps he does take.

Runner up was Chris Brown. IF, I say IF, he can stay healthy he is going to be a huge plus this year.

I thought Deljuan Robinson had a good game. He had some good penetration, and made some hustle plays. After that run stop he had when he got hurt, I thought that they should have let him rest as a precaution, but he showed he is a true gamer going back out there.

I think that Okam, Cody, and Robinson are going to really push Johnson and Okoye this season. They need it...

I wonder if the reps are going to be split evenly between Brown and Slaton or if Brown is going to be more of a situational back. Either way it's good to see that there's not going to be much drop off between Slaton and Brown.

I wonder if the reps are going to be split evenly between Brown and Slaton or if Brown is going to be more of a situational back. Either way it's good to see that there's not going to be much drop off between Slaton and Brown.

If Brown can stay off crutches I see him getting significant red zone and goal line carries, as well as change of pace carries. His value is significantly diminished by his injury-prone status, but I think he showed last night he could be a boon to our RZ offense if he's available. I think he could make a big impact for us, turning some of those RZ opportunities from field goals to touchdowns.

If Brown can stay off crutches I see him getting significant red zone and goal line carries, as well as change of pace carries. His value is significantly diminished by his injury-prone status, but I think he showed last night he could be a boon to our RZ offense if he's available. I think he could make a big impact for us, turning some of those RZ opportunities from field goals to touchdowns.

Is it just me, or did Chris Brown look "thicker" rather than last year's "lanky"?

I have to also say that it was nice to see our front four giving most of the pressure for the night and us not have to use our LBs to help with pressure.

Connor Barwin did some good things against the run as well as have enough speed to sniff out screen plays.

Mario has absolutely nothing to prove, while Okoyes situation is just the opposite.

That wasn't my point. All I was saying was that Mario didn't do much last night in the limited time he played. Like it or not, Okoye will get his shot in the regular season. The preseason means nothing, and the regular season is when he needs to prove he was worthy of being a 1st round draft pick.

I second that. Kasey Studdard did something that to me showed this season will be different for us. Used to be that we would lose that fumble but Kasey knows this team can't afford turnovers and that was some hustle.

Kasey's a real pro at the fumble recovery thing. He recovered a Vince Young fumble in the national championship game against USC that saved a field goal drive.

Offense: Chris Brown, Andre Davis
Defense: Connor Barwin, Frank Okam, Busing

Okam sticks out as a big guy on t.v. If he keeps the spine of the D strong like he was last night many things will be improving...

Brown added yet another element to the offense. Boy that catch by Casey was something special...

Okam was the biggest surprise to me. I saw a MAJOR difference in Okam last night vs anything I saw last year. He looked like the most improved player that was on last years roster. If Kollar can keep his motor going like last night, he's going to be an impact player on the Dline. I think they need to be wise though and limit his snaps so that he can be at near maximum effectiveness for the snaps he does take.

Runner up was Chris Brown. IF, I say IF, he can stay healthy he is going to be a huge plus this year.

I'm going with Okam as well. Although, he was a bit inconsistant at times. At times it seemed he'd make a great play and be nonexistant on the next. He played a lot of football though and might've been gassed on a few plays. I was surprised they kept him in the game so long. I suppose they're trying to get him to play up to his potential?

Agreed on Harrison. The dude's been lost since he's been here and I wouldn't have any problem with a guy like Busing taking his roster spot.

I was a little underwhelmed by our defensive backfield as a whole. Even with decent pressure on the QB there were several easy completions made.

I was kinda disappointed Slaton was unable to do anything with his limited reps.

Casey was impressive on special teams and his one handed snag was sick.

Is it just me, or did Chris Brown look "thicker" rather than last year's "lanky"?

I thought the same thing, the guy's a beast. We've had our share of "big" backs - Stacey Mack, Jonathan Wells, Ronald McDonald Dayne, but none of them ran "big" like Brown does. Unfortunately I think it's his physical, high running style that leaves him more vulnerable.

I watched the game focusing on certain players to the detriment of others, but I got info I needed.

Bentley LB started where he left off last season. This guy could be a starter. Glad he is on roster. I graded him as A+.

Chris Brown RB my focus was not really on him as all know he can run. Still he stood out & I graded him A+ especially with the pass reception. I almost down graded due to fumble.

Moats RB caught me by surprise & did much better than I expected. A+ & is my #2. Brown is situational on my list.

Butler OL again another pleasant surprise for me. I'm not a fan but he could turn me around. I graded as an A.

Andre Davis WR well his wrist has healed. Great game graded as A+.

Orslovsky QB did not show me much but I expect nerves and weather could be part of it. I expect much better from him against N.O. Graded as C+

Jacoby Jones WR/ returner did nothing to hurt but little to help himself. No grade.
Grossman graded as F before he pulled hammy.

Best for last? Frank Okam! This what I have been waiting to see now if he will just be consistent. A+.

I just could not keep up with the CBs. Camera did not seem to give much cov'g or maybe I was watching line and LBs to much. I understand that McCain did well.

Yours is pretty much how I looked at it. McCain was a nice surprise in run support. I kind of feel like if you ran a slant on us it was getting completed though.

Back