Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Who was best QB taken in the 06 Draft?

Who was the steal of the draft and who will have the most success?

• Vince Young

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • Matt Leinart

Votes: 13 29.5%
  • Jay Cutler

Votes: 8 18.2%
  • Brodie Croyle

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Sam_24

Practice Squad
Being a complete NFL fan and traveling from message board to message board Ive seen some pretty outright riddiculous and even ludicrous statements made.
My favortie came from a Kansas City fan saying that Brodie Croyle was the steal of the draft that Vince Nor Matt had nothing on him. HMMM:confused:

Anyway Ive decided to take a poll on each board asking who you the board members see being the complete all around quarterback and who will have the single most successful career and why?

Oh Yeah drop your outlook on Brodie?

I think that right now Matt Leinhart is surrounded with the offensive weapons to be a good QB, just like his team was at USC.

He will probably have one of the most productive starts to his career, but its hard to tell whos gonna have the better overall career because so much stuff could happen. ex. severe injury.

Jay Cutler will whind up being the best one...........his coach is Shanahan, how many guys would love to be in that situation. Athletic with a strong arm, Shanahans Offense will take care of the rest.

Hulk75 said:
Jay Cutler will whind up being the best one...........his coach is Shanahan, how many guys would love to be in that situation. Athletic with a strong arm, Shanahans Offense will take care of the rest.

It will definately help him to sit behind Plummer for a few years to learn the system also. Young QBs arent as effective if they jus get thrown in there from day 1.

U should have had an other category for .........Omar Jacobs, I dont care if they said he needs to work on his upper body strength hes still a steal for the Steelers.

DominickDavisFan76 said:
U should have had an other category for .........Omar Jacobs, I dont care if they said he needs to work on his upper body strength hes still a steal for the Steelers.
Steelers most likely wont use him much.

Hulk75 said:

I really disagree. I think Cutler will be the first one to bust in the league. Disregard the team, he himself is horrible.

Brodie Croyle was a steal, but he will not have an immediate impact, nor does he have the proper weapons surrounding him that lienhart does already.

Omar Jacobs was a steal, but probally won't get much of a look until his second contract. He will be a late rising dark horse who will suceede if given the chance.

I voted for Young. He's not the best QB of the draft right now though. I'd give that to Leinart and Cutler in a tie. Give Young 2-3 years and I think he'll be a beast.

its too early, wait for at least 2-3 years :cool: case in point David Carr, he is going into year 5 and his future is still not settled, was his pick warrented or will he wind up being a bust?

every QB has something right/wrong with their games, it will be determined by the men around them and ability to adapt to change. VY has the most upside of all the QB's, he has "it" in terms of leadership, but is his style of generalship better compared to Matt Leinart who should flourish in Greens Pro Style offense? then Matt lacks the powerful mechanics & scrambling ability of Jay Cutler.

regarding Brodie Croyle, grreat character & competitive. should have a viable career as the #2 QB for a team with limited success.

the steal of the draft @ the QB position is the 5th rd. pick of the Miami Dolphins Joey Harrington.

Best QB.......... Vince Young..... best position to succeed Lienart..

& that's the deal...... Lienart needs all that to be successful. 2 future probowl recievers(didn't Bolden already go??) a ProBowl RB.... a whole team of probowlers.........

Vince will be more like McNabb......... he'll be successful with little talent around him....... if he gets talent at the skilled positions(Givens?? Lendale??) then you better watch out.

beerlover said:
its too early, wait for at least 2-3 years :cool: case in point David Carr, he is going into year 5 and his future is still not settled, was his pick warrented or will he wind up being a bust?

every QB has something right/wrong with their games, it will be determined by the men around them and ability to adapt to change. VY has the most upside of all the QB's, he has "it" in terms of leadership, but is his style of generalship better compared to Matt Leinart who should flourish in Greens Pro Style offense? then Matt lacks the powerful mechanics & scrambling ability of Jay Cutler.

regarding Brodie Croyle, grreat character & competitive. should have a viable career as the #2 QB for a team with limited success.

the steal of the draft @ the QB position is the 5th rd. pick of the Miami Dolphins Joey Harrington.
Wow very good analysis and post, cp to you!

Sam_24 said:
Being a complete NFL fan and traveling from message board to message board Ive seen some pretty outright riddiculous and even ludicrous statements made.
My favortie came from a Kansas City fan saying that Brodie Croyle was the steal of the draft that Vince Nor Matt had nothing on him. HMMM:confused:

Anyway Ive decided to take a poll on each board asking who you the board members see being the complete all around quarterback and who will have the single most successful career and why?

Oh Yeah drop your outlook on Brodie?

Tough question. In terms of who is a steal lets look at each of the possibilities:
1. Vince Young: He was picked third, so calling him a steal is a bit of a stretch since this is essentially when he was projected.

2. Matt leinart: projected to go to Oakland, but he ended up with Arizona. Steal? possibly,but he didnt free fall.

3. Cutler: Denver traded up for him. Went basically where i figured he would(spot not team).

4. Croyle: Had it not been for 2 bad knees he might have been the 4th QB taken. He goes to an old team so he wont be expected to start.

That said: NO ONE was a massive steal. Leinart might have slipped, but if i had to say steal, maybe him.

Who will be the best? That depends on who is around them, injuries, etc. WAY to eartly to answer that one.

Back