Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who knew Texans' new starting MLB is also a Vail SnowBoard Instructor ?

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
What is a professional football player doing on a snowboard? That was the question we had after stumbling upon a recent photo of Houston Texans linebacker Kevin Bentley decked out in full on-snow regalia in ESPN The Magazine (Aug. 9 issue 13.16). The article in reference details the "side hustles" of mainstream pro athletes, from wine making to cattle breeding. Bentley's hustle? Teaching snowboarding.

Turns out, Bentley is a Cert II-level instructor who has been teaching snowboarding during the NFL offseason in Vail, Colo. -- for $14 an hour! -- since 2004. How is it that a guy who needs every muscle, ligament and joint in his body to be in peak condition every day of the football season is even allowed to look at a snowboard, much less step foot on one? We had to find out.
http://espn.go.com/action/snowboarding/news/story?page=kevin-bentley-snowboard

Hey man you got a Pro Bowl Line Backer (Kubiaks words not mine) playing for league minimum on a seventh round deal, $14 an hour is good money!!!!!!

I read about this a while back. Snowboarding looks like fun to me, and a nice individual sport. I hope he has a blast!

I guess that means if he clunks into a tree we could call him Pro Bono.
rimshot.gif
:thankyou:

Hold your facepalms, I know. :D

Can this guy play? That's what I want to know. I don't remember him ever seeing a snap in the regular season, & he wasn't a focus of mine during the preseason.

So I don't know. Can he play?

Can this guy play? That's what I want to know. I don't remember him ever seeing a snap in the regular season, & he wasn't a focus of mine during the preseason.

So I don't know. Can he play?

He played pretty well a couple of years ago. He was a starter for the last 5-6 games of the 2008 season. He was an upgrade from Greenwood. Which isn't saying much.

Back