Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

who is the texans most hated/rivaled team????

FOOTBALL1999

Practice Squad
The cowboys maybe??? but do they even return the rival or care to dislike the texans??? after all they do still run the state of texas and are still somewhat americas team(i mean they texans dont own texas yet)

The Cowboys, hands down. I hate those guys. :mad: Every time we face them Im looking for a battle. :fight: :slap: And I hate that "Americas Team" thing. Houston should be "Americas Team" next time we play them im looking fir a blowout.

I'd say either the Jags. cause that sereis is tied 2-2 :fight: or it could be the Titans(former Oliers). Srry about a bit off topic Hey I wonder in our division is it:
Cots-Titans,

Titan's-Texans

Texans-Titans?

i think we all hate dallas the most but since we'll rarely play them, i think/hope we build up a rivalry with the titans for the simple fact that there's so much history & bad blood (on our side atleast).

The "Flaming Meatballs" of course!

2nd the Cowgirls

3rd the Patriots and their Rude obnoxious Chowder Head Fans! :ninja:

For the Texans.. I'd say the Jags.. mainly because they have beaten us and we have beaten them.

titans and colts.. possibly after this season..when we beat them and cost one of them a AFC south title ;)

As far as the Cowboys.. I think that one is the ones for the State of Texas fans,but we don't play them every year so it will take some time with the team to get a rivalry.

the titans are cowboys are definitley our biggest rivals...this is the year when the titans get their payback...

Cowpies, Teetons Just because. Hatriots because of that ***** that took a bite out of my superbowl hat, hope he realizes what is actually in paint.

That about sums it up

Cowboys? I just can't consider a team we play twice a decade a "heated rival". How can you have a big rivalry with a team you rarely play? Rivals are formed when you have something on the line and another team takes something important from you. This just isn't going to happen unless we meet in the Super Bowl.

Someone in our division will be our biggest rival in due time, and right now I consider the Titans one for obvious reasons.

I'm going to go with the Jag-offs... It's ALMOST always a close game every time we play, they are in the division, and they are a young, rising team like us. The series is tied 2-2.

The Titans! How crushing was that 4th down TD throw from McNair to Bennet? We have got to beat them. I'd say the Titans, J'ville, Colts, and then the Cowboys.

That did hurt, but what was worse is that our cover man was flat on his face when Bennett caught that.

I don't really think you could include the Cowboys, hey at least they are in Texas. I would have to say the Titans. The fact that a lot of people look at the Texans as the "other" franchise to come from Houston really gets my goat. The Titans are, to me, the most hated team on the planet (aside from the ****ing Patriots).

It takes time to develop rivalries and your biggest rivals are those teams, usually from your own division, that you find yourself with most often in important games (games played for a division title or playoff berth). Often times, your biggest rival is the team that beats you in those games more often than you beat them. Ask titans fans who their biggest rival is (at least was) and many of them will say the Ravens. Why? Because the Ravens beat them in a couple of very big games in recent years. They may start to develop the same "envy/hate" attitude toward Indy unless they can start beating them again.

As far as the Texans, it's too early to tell, but the Tennessee thing is big for many for obvious reasons. It's the team most Texans fans dearly want to beat. But it's more of a one-way rivalry (until we can start beating them in important games and getting them to hate us as well). Same with Indy. There's nothing there yet for the Texans in terms of rivalry - other than two losses per year. If there's been a rivalry in these first two seasons, it would have to be Jax since we were fighting with them to stay out of last place.

I see the AFC South changing a little in the coming years and there will likely be a more heated race between all four teams instead of just two. That's when some real rivalries will emerge.

As far as Dallas, your most heated or hated rival can't be a team that you play only once every four years.

Hate is a little harsh, rivals all the above. The big trade with ex-oilers seems to suggest they are at least on speaking terms & helped each other in the process.

Jacksonville & the Texans are closley tracking each other & also consumated a major deal (expansion draft) for the betterment of both teams. I really like the make-up of both teams and these should be barnburners for years to come. A great rivalry.

The one team that doesn't fit at least not in the South is the New England Patriots. No help here, unless you consider the reason the Texans where promted to make the trade when they did for what they gave up was because they recieved sources indicating the Patriots wanted Babin to add to their already punishing defense. But we won't meet them unless its in the play-offs & at New England so thats really not a rivalry.

Guess its a toss up between the Titans & Jaguars. The Titans on the way down and the Jaguars on the way up. Only time will tell for sure :popcorn:

Titans (look up at the avatar :evilb:, got to love that moment) are the most hated with the Cowgirls a close 2nd and the Jags at 3.

wags said:
That did hurt, but what was worse is that our cover man was flat on his face when Bennett caught that.

To me what was worse was McNair having time to sit back and sign autographs before he threw the ball. I can't or don't expect ANY defensive back to be able to keep up with a reciever with THAT much time for an NFL MVP candidate to be given that much time to throw the ball

I don't think you have to play the cowgirls in the regular season every year to have a rivalry, from the fans prospective. The fact that so many girls fans are in the area leads to a lot of barbs flying. There's no team I get more joy from watching them lose than Dallas.

Tennessee? I should dislike them more, but it's hard because I still have respect for McNair & George. Of course I abhor Bud, but you really don't see him associated with the Titans as he was with the Oilers. Lucky Titan fans.

As far as who the team probably views as their main rival, I'd have to say Jacksonville. Except for the Ragone/Hollings game, all of the Texans/Jags games have been very close. Come to think of it, there's nothing about Jacksonville I like. The city, the players, the coaches, the fans...I don't like any of them. Why is Jacksonville in the NFL anyway?

The Titans and Jags are the Texans biggest rivals.

Cowboys no. They're not in the same division or even the same conference.

Now if the league realigns and puts more teams that are geographically close in the same division then yes.
But that's not happening from all I've read. The NFL likes the long time battles that have developed over the years and they're all about tradition.

I think everyone hates the cowboys more than the titans. If you could have one win, over either the titans or cowboys, I would choose dallas.

That may make sense on an emotional level..the Cowboys "hate" I mean...but it doesn't make sense on a team level. The Titans are a division team and that means so much more than a team you play every few years.

Point taken though.

Well I still hate the Steelers but I guess that really has nothing to do with the Texans as much as the Oilers. I would say All The Division Opponents since we haven't beaten the Colts or Titans and are tied with the Jags. And just to add a cherry on top the Cowgirls.

I think many people want it to be the Titans, but I think the Titans are on the downward spiral. I think it will be the Jags. We are both young teams with each a disappointing loss towards each other.

I think as long as the Titans have Steve McNair that they will be a team to be reckoned with. The guy can carry a team on his shoulders. Barring injuries, which he seems to have a ton of, I don't see them falling off much really. They are well coached. I think this will be "THE" rivalry for some years for the Texans.

I don't know if we've been long enough in this league to have a "hated" opponent. We have some budding rivalries with the Jags and Titans but maybe this year if we win some of these division games against the Colts and Titans, they'll start hating us pretty soon.

I relish beating Dallas with the in-state rivalry going, but I root for the Cowboys as a Texas team if the Texans are out of the picture.

I'd say the biggest rivals are the Cowboys...and they are a worthy opponent, given their history and branding. Now, if we can get their attention this year again to show that we're a worthy opponent..?

This is obviously from that camp of people who like the Texans because of their Texas-ness vs. those who like the Texans for their Houston-ness (and perhaps hate the Titans cuz of their "anti-Houston-ness").

I have no ties or loyalties to Houston, the city, per se...just Texas.

gwallaia said:
I don't think he's with the Titans any longer.

If we are talking about Drew Bennett then, yes, he is with the Titans. The only starters the titans lost were the 2 defensive players, and McCareins.

Dallas is easy to hate for more reasons than just the Cowboys. The city is nothing more than a home for self centered, egotistical, L.A. wanna bes'. I have nothing against the Titans team except that they are division rivals with the exception of one fat, rug wearing blackmailer. On a competetive level, I think the Jags are bigtime rivals because of our record against each other and the cheap shots by certain Jags players.

I think the teams we like to beat are the Titans first, then the Cowboys. Both have lousy owners. I used to like the Cowboys fairly well before Jerry, who has no class. Jacksonville is next in my mind since they once tried to get the Oilers.

To look at this from another perspective, who's toes have we stepped on just trying to scratch out a few wins? Who is out there starting to hate us?

Dallas for sure, because we can always go 'scoreboard' on them, for 4 years.
Miami maybe, because we started there year off on a sour note last year, at home no less, and they came up about one game shy of the playoffs.
Pittsburgh, because we blew them up, defensively at least, on their turf.
We beat Buffalo there, but they were having a sorry season anyway.

any others?

I don't think Jerry Jones is very classy either but he does seem to have a way to get things done.

And I'm going to dodge the flames thrown here but I've never thought Bud Adams was a bad owner either. I don't like the move either and Houston got took...but he, as far as I know, lets the football guys run the team and he stays out of all that.

The owners are a breed unto themselves. They are going to do what is best for their pocketbook. Some are more classy and some are less. But you find that if you work at the Stop and Go.

I would say the Cardinals. Sure we have played them yet. Sure we could care less about them yet. But SOMEONE has to be their rivals, right?

The biggest riverly by the end of this years will be the Colts because the Texans are goin be running for the division title!!!!!

TheOgre said:
I would say the Cardinals. Sure we have played them yet. Sure we could care less about them yet. But SOMEONE has to be their rivals, right?

People probably say the same thing about the Jags! :shrug:

I gotta go with the Titans, for now. There's enough REASON there for a rivalry, even if there isn't a lot of rival-type history for the Texans yet.

The Cowboys have the Redskins- Parcells vs. Gibbs

The Oilers I mean the Titans have the Colts- perennial big game losers

The Texans got Jaguars- post expansion teams on the way up

simple equation.

now who has the Patriots :um:

SteelBlue said:
Patriots is easy. Everyone in the AFC East

Well if you put it that way I'd say the entire NFC because thats who is going to have to beat them for the Superbowl this coming January in of all places Jacksonville :bag:

it will be dallas allways but im looking 4ward to a rivalry with Jax!!! we are going to have some great battles over the next 5yrs or so!

I really believe the Titans are our biggest rivalry,but on a personal note since I live with a chiefs freak,it is becoming a big game at our house and living in a town of about 10,000 people and 90% of them being chiefs fans it gives me a little different insight,I am the only Texans fan in this town and I get a lot of **** when We play the Chiefs,and I would love to beat them this year in Arrowhead Stadium. :fight: TOROTOONS WHERE COWBOYS AND TITANS SUCK

Back