Thanks for your support!

Who gets the start at QB after the bye?

Who gets the start at QB after the buy?

• Keenum

Votes: 162 88.5%
  • Schaub

Votes: 21 11.5%

• Total voters
We all know Keenum is going to get the start, the only question is how they spin it: Schaub to IR or too injured to play or talk about a real demotion and how Keenum gives them a spark they need goin forward?

We all know Keenum is going to get the start, the only question is how they spin it: Schaub to IR or too injured to play or talk about a real demotion and how Keenum gives them a spark they need goin forward?

I'm thinking for at least one more week, they'll say something to the extent of giving Schaub another week to heal up, not rushing him back, etc. etc. If Keenum stinks it up, that gives Kubiak an easy way to start Schaub in the next game. If Keenum plays well, shows progress from the KC game, then Kubiak will have to officially bench Schaub for the following game.

I can't believe there's actually 19 posters on this board that want to see Schaub start. For what?.. what possibly do we have to gain out of him starting?

I can't believe there's actually 19 posters on this board that want to see Schaub start. For what?.. what possibly do we have to gain out of him starting?

I imagine majority of them don't actually WANT him to start, but they think he WILL start because of Kubiak.

The question wasn't who do you want to see start...but who they think will start. It's obvious that 19 people don't trust Gary enough to go with Case instead of his boyfriend.

I think the question confused some folks.

The way it is worded made me think it was more of a prediction of who Kubiak would start rather than an opinion poll of who should start.

I think some answered with the former in mind while other answered with their own desire in mind.

That's why I didn't vote. :D

I think Kubiak could start Schaub, even though I hope he starts Keenum.

I'm thinking for at least one more week, they'll say something to the extent of giving Schaub another week to heal up, not rushing him back, etc. etc. If Keenum stinks it up, that gives Kubiak an easy way to start Schaub in the next game. If Keenum plays well, shows progress from the KC game, then Kubiak will have to officially bench Schaub for the following game.

No matter how this game turns out, barring injury I think Schaub is done here.

I doubt Keenum is the answer, but we need to at least see if he is hold the fort guy until the 1st rd qb is ready or is he just a backup. Jmo

I imagine majority of them don't actually WANT him to start, but they think he WILL start because of Kubiak.
Exactly right. I voted for Matt Schaub because that is who I believe Gary Kubiak is going to go with. I definitely want Case Keenum to start against the Colts on November 3. We still have nine nights until the game. Schaub is going to be healthy by then so they can't spin it with some injury excuse.

Exactly right. I voted for Matt Schaub because that is who I believe Gary Kubiak is going to go with. I definitely want Case Keenum to start against the Colts on November 3. We still have nine nights until the game. Schaub is going to be healthy by then so they can't spin it with some injury excuse.

THAT would be a spin.

Y'all should check out the Gary Kubiak Show from Monday (Oct 21). The way he talks about Case, I can't see him starting anyone else.

Anybody who watched the Thursday night game saw a entire home stadium at their coach's throat against a divisional rival. Schiano was embarrassed in front of a national audience.

Kubiak has to know that if he starts Schaub (who won't be 100%) and Schaub falls flat on his face, he won't fare much better. The boo birds will reign down upon him like they did Capers at the end. Keenum gives him a out.. even if Keenum struggles, they'd rather see their team lose watching him struggle than watching their team lose with Schaub struggling.. again. If I was Kubiak, I'd be talking highly of Case to, because if you think about it.. Case holds Kubiak's fate in his hands really. Schaub isn't going to save his job this season. Case either turns out to be a answer/that he's willing to explore or Kubiak is likely gone.

Let's put it this way.. looking at the poll results, if this was a pre-election poll the week before a presidential election (game) and if the Kubiak/Schaub ticket won and Kubiak/Keenum ticket didn't, Kubiak/Schaub would be assassinated before they were ever even able to give the acceptance speech on the white house lawn. (still up NSA?, red flag words just to keep you on your toes :) ) It will be that bad. Hell we already have group protests where people are burning **** in the streets. :)

Last edited:
I doubt Keenum is the answer, but we need to at least see if he is hold the fort guy until the 1st rd qb is ready or is he just a backup. Jmo

Well he certainly has turned out to be more than just a guy with a noodle arm who can't make NFL throws, so let's just keep hoping he can keep proving the doubters wrong. :)

OK, if Kubiak is determined to start Schaub, can they at least petition the NFL allowing Matt to use his Rascal in the field of play?

d7vWN.gif

He's so much more mobile on that thing.

Keenum has to get the start. I'm just thinking of how much his mobility opens up and adds to the playbook. I mean Kubiak would have had two weeks to install a Keenum based offense full of plays utilizing his mobility. Then you play the Colts who will have to deal with all kinds of new looks and plays that they have never seen from us before.

or he can start Schaub, and see how that goes.

Last edited:
Gotto be Case. You can't really run a Kubiak offense with a quarterback that can't move just a bit.

Honestly I can't remember the last time we ran the patented bootleg

OK, if Kubiak is determined to start Schaub, can they at least petition the NFL allowing Matt to use his Rascal in the field of play?

d7vWN.gif

i remember seeing schaub on that thing and i cant believe how sad and pathetic he looked rolling around in the stadium like that. I would have been embarrassed if i did that. Any ounce of respect i had for schaub was gone after i saw that sorry picture.

At least be a man and walk around in crutches. To drive around in a scooter looking like a young old geezer just encapsulates schaub's career with the texans.

d7vWN.gif

And that's why Medicare is going broke. I don't think Schaub is old enough to qualify, he must have put it on Ed Reed's Medicare number.
i remember seeing schaub on that thing and i cant believe how sad and pathetic he looked rolling around in the stadium like that. I would have been embarrassed if i did that. Any ounce of respect i had for schaub was gone after i saw that sorry picture.

At least be a man and walk around in crutches. To drive around in a scooter looking like a young old geezer just encapsulates schaub's career with the texans.
Stop being so ridiculous. I assume you already depised Schaub with every fiber of your being; but you want to pile on so NOW you lose all respect for him. I am guessing if he ever has a dour look on his face you will again lose all respect for him; if he plays in a game again you will again lose all respect for him; and when he takes being cut this offseason in a classy way you will again lose all respect for him. Stop while you are behind.

Last edited:
I know one thing for sure. Schaub never required a LB to spy on him like Case did. That fact alone gives Case an advantage over MS. Keenum's presence has the ability to dictate the defensive scheme to a certain degree, and I'm sure that can be exploited.

I know one thing for sure. Schaub never required a LB to spy on him like Case did. That fact alone gives Case an advantage over MS. Keenum's presence has the ability to dictate the defensive scheme to a certain degree, and I'm sure that can be exploited.

He had a spy? Didn't even notice that.

Yea no kidding. Watching them kick that FG was frustrating, and demoralizing, but could have been worse to go for it and fail. That would have surely energized that KC D and taken the air completely out of the Texans, so probably the right decision. Texans had several chances to win the game, they just failed to do it.

True, but we all know on that play he was breaking left across the field as it shows in the other image, and the DB held him which is illegal contact or holding. Not trying to make excuses, the proper play IMO was to throw the ball away at that moment and live to run another play.

This is why I say texans need a qb with arm talent. Even with case extending plays and throwing go route,he doesn't have the arm to throw that 15yd out route. The db are expecting inside routes vs the texas. On that still shot,that route based on cb technique could've been converted to a out,flag,or comeback. Since case and schaub don't have the arm talent to make that throw.

I am not Schaub's biggest fan, but I cannot standby while he takes shots for something that he SHOULD be doing.

Following the type of injury he sustained and the type of surgery he underwent, for the first several weeks he would have been instructed to keep his foot elevated to minimize the possibility of bleeding problems, swelling and pain. Dangling the foot down on crutches on the sidelines during a game is the last thing that would be conducive to healing. By the end of the game that foot would have been engorged within the confined space of his boot............a situation that would necessarily significantly decrease healing blood flow through the traumatized tissues.

This is why I say texans need a qb with arm talent. Even with case extending plays and throwing go route,he doesn't have the arm to throw that 15yd out route. The db are expecting inside routes vs the texas. On that still shot,that route based on cb technique could've been converted to a out,flag,or comeback. Since case and schaub don't have the arm talent to make that throw.

You do realize absolutely nobody agrees with you right? Arguing about 50 yard throws, knock yourself out but you have left any realm of reality to claim Case doesn't have the arm to throw a 15 yd out.

You do realize absolutely nobody agrees with you right? Arguing about 50 yard throws, knock yourself out but you have left any realm of reality to claim Case doesn't have the arm to throw a 15 yd out.

Case threw it 50 yards without much effort on the hail mary pass anyway.

Case threw it 50 yards without much effort on the hail mary pass anyway.

Yeah the TD pass to Hopkins went into the books as a 29-yard TD but Hopkins catches it 8 yds deep in the endzone. Keenum had to be at least 3 yards behind the LOS so all in all, it was a 40-yard pass. With touch.

How many out routes did u see? If you can't challenge a defense with outside the numbers throws,then you're limiting the plays you can call. Those slants are nice until the defense starts clouding the middle and forcing you to throw outside. There is a reason why brady struggled vs ravens. He can't throw out there either so ray lewis and crew would muddle the middle. So now what are u left with? That's football.

All the stems are the same when you're talking a post,comeback,out,in,and flag. Depending on how the cb technique is played determines the route conversion. The qb has to be able use his arm talent to make out and flag with basically the same mechanics as the post. Its not only accuracy ,but arm talent to throw the flag and out off a 12 yd stem and 5 step drop. That's why I bring up arm talent. The 9 route he threw to case was a great pass,but that's a touch pass,not knocking it. I'm glad he had the balls to throw it because its been there all year. The out and flag is a lot more difficult to throw than that go route. No qb will make a living throwing those pass,but the threat of throwing those routes open the playbook as wide as the grand canyon.

How many out routes did u see? If you can't challenge a defense with outside the numbers throws,then you're limiting the plays you can call. Those slants are nice until the defense starts clouding the middle and forcing you to throw outside. There is a reason why brady struggled vs ravens. He can't throw out there either so ray lewis and crew would muddle the middle. So now what are u left with? That's football.

I don't agree with what you're saying anyways, but if you're using Tom Brady as an example of what we don't want, then I think that completely invalidates your opinion.

Keenum should be the starting QB for the rest of the season. No doubt about it. Schaub reached his ceiling couple of years ago and with his injuries, I don't see him being able to do much else. His career I think is over as a starting QB in the NFL. But we have a "genius" head coach in Kubiak who is attached to Schaub and may start him out of some misguided sense of loyalty. I realize that if Keenum starts and does well for the rest of the season, it'll likely mean Kubiak will return for yet another season, but I think it's worth finding out if he's the guy going forward. Finding and investing in a starting caliber QB in this league is no small task. Just look at the Jags, Vikings, Raiders, Bills, etc. It's crucial that we find out if Keenum is a starter or a backup and now's the time to do it.

LOL, Case could nail this guy right between the eyes with a 90 mph fast ball and knock him flat on his back.. this guy would get up and ask why it didn't break 100 mph.. :cool:

I'm sorry but I must object to this sexist statement. Some my all-time favorate bad-a$$es don't have testicles; you, Steph, Condi Rice, the Iron Lady Thatcher, Benazir Bhutto, Anne Richards...
:worldpeace:

When i started reading your comment, I just knew it was going to Lance Armstrong ... epic disappointment. :polevault:

When i started reading your comment, I just knew it was going to Lance Armstrong ... epic disappointment. :polevault:

Some of us don't have to eat pills, take performing enhancing drug shots, or have to have a camera shoved up our ass to get over that... But like my doctor always told me, he might be a **** bag, but he was a welcomed **** bag who raised a LOT of money for the cause, so I thank him for that.

eh, i dont really agree with that. newton barely got a hand on hali despite having the tightend on his side to push hali wide. duane crashes his man inside, much too close for comfort for keenum, and with nobody open he follows the logical path to his left. had newton done anything at all, hali cant make that turn.

I get what LZ is saying, but when you run a guy past the pocket you should actually be making contact with the guy. The play was obviously going to take a while to develop.

Newton basically acted as a cone. Just serving as an obstacle for the de to run around. He provided almost 0 resistance.

I get what LZ is saying, but when you run a guy past the pocket you should actually be making contact with the guy. The play was obviously going to take a while to develop.

Newton basically acted as a cone. Just serving as an obstacle for the de to run around. He provided almost 0 resistance.

Exactly, he should have maintained contact to keep his man in the EZ until the play was complete. Once the DE is directly behind the QB, unless the QB has eyes behind his head and can see both ahead and behind at the same time (which no one can), the area in front, to his left and to his right are Case's line-of-sight responsibility to constantly be aware of............ the back which is the true "blindside" is solely the responsibility of Newton on that play.

Exactly, he should have maintained contact to keep his man in the EZ until the play was complete. Once the DE is directly behind the QB, unless the QB has eyes behind his head and can see both ahead and behind at the same time (which no one can), the area in front, to his left and to his right are Case's line-of-sight responsibility to constantly be aware of............ the back which is the true "blindside" is solely the responsibility of Newton on that play.

you've never met my mom ...

The only reason that I can think that Kubiak would start Schaub, especially with Newton and most of the rest of the OL playing, is to deliver the final coup de gras, where we would never see him, except in a wheelchair ever again.

The only reason that I can think that Kubiak would start Schaub, especially with Newton and most of the rest of the OL playing, is to deliver the final coup de gras, where we would never see him, except in a wheelchair ever again.

I shudders o think what that stadium would be like with a Schaub start...just don't see it happening.

I like listening to sports talk on the radio... but if you know me, that doesn't mean I necessarily agree with half the stuff they are saying.

The other day I heard something that just made all the sense in the world. Before the game Kubiak said he's going to start Case, over TJ, because the team needed a spark & he wants to see if Case could provide it.

Well, after the game he said there definitely was a spark.

So if Kubiak believed the team needed a spark & he believed Case provided that spark, why would he blow it out?

& seriously, listening to everything Kubiak has said about Case since the game, it's evident to me that the Case Keenum era has just started.

How many out routes did u see?

Geez, I realize it's probably senseless to even try to respond to this gentleman but .... I remember several out routes and I remember 2 in particular that he COMPLETED BEYOND the 1st down marker versus our other QBs who seem to only complete such passes 3-4 yards short of the marker.

Back