Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

who do you think will win Detroit vs. Texans

H

harringtonfan3

I really think these teams have built up the same, Quarterback 2 years ago, wide receiver last year, looks like a great game this year!!

Your thoughts...

I believe that the Texans are going to win that one but it's a long way off so let's wait for a definitive call.

Detroit only won 5 games last year, but they were all at home including late season victories over the Rams and Packers. This is their home opener and they are tough at home. It will be a hostile environment - on the road, on turf, in a dome (loud).

The Lions had a great draft. It's going to be difficult to defend Rogers and Roy, then throw in Az-Hakim and Streets for good measure and that's a damm good receiving corps.

Then they got Brock Marion and Fernando Bryant to help bolster the secondary.

Then there's Teddy Lehmann to help out Boss Bailey and Earl Holmes.

Then there's Kevin Jones...talk about some offensive weapons...

Plus, a very good coach.

There's probably a lot of people looking at the Lions record from last year and thinking this will be an easy victory for the Texans (not sure why they would think that anyway since the Texans had the same record).

I think the Lions have turned the corner and will be in the wild card hunt this year. This will be a very difficult game for the Texans. I expect the Lions to be around a 3 point favorite in this one...

I give the Lions the edge. The Lions played well at home last year and the Texans don't seem like the same team on the road.

i'm hopeing we can beat the chargers in week one...we should be the better team...especially if we're the home team...we are aren't we?...as to the lions game...i'll give them the edge for being at home...but it should be a close game...i'd be surprised if either team won this one by more than 10 pts

I really think the Lions have had great drafts the last two years and will be decent this year. However, three years ago they didn't get the best QB in the draft and we did. Texans win.

I do see alot of similarities between these two teams. Before the draft, I probably would have taken the Texans, now I would rate it a "home team" win, meaning whichever team is at home, would get my prediction of a win. So, right now, I'm taking the Lions. I really like what they are doing up there since Mooch took over. I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the playoff race this year at all. Anyone who takes that game lightly will be doing so at their own risk! :dance:

Detroit is going to be tough. I sure hope he pull it out though. People said we had no shot against the Patriots either. The similarities are interesting. Should be fun to watch

Even though these two will look even, I think Houston has played together longer than Detriot. They will be mixing new parts together to make their team competitive. Now, if they gel early, not only the Texans will be in trouble, so will the league!

Well, there is no doubt Detroit is a better team than most give them credit for. However, so are we. And in regards to where the teams were at the end of last season, and where they project to be - through Steel blue glasses - I see clearly, a narrow Texan win by a field goal.

The Lions show definite signs of improvement but so have our TEXANS. I'm not going to predict a score but I don't think I'm stepping out too far in predicting a TEXAN win. Should be a good game. Whoa, I though I'd never say that about a game that included the Lions !

Back