Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Quarterback

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Defensive Tackle

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Hagar

Drink up yall, its the Texans!
I think its way too early to start mock drafts, but we can kick ideas for best position to draft.

DE or Safety. It really depends on who is on the board at the time and what is the best player available out of the two positions.

Uhhh, wheres the BPA of one of the position in major needs option (S, DE, OLB).

I'll choose that option.

Defensive end, safety, linebacker or a big space eating nose tackle. Those should be the area of focus, but I would also like to see the Texans add a big blocking tight end. Also, a big running back, but I think the Texans might go the FA route on that one. Adding some more quality o-line depth is always a plus.

I chose DE, but really wouldn't be upset over any defensive pick. Throw a dart at our defensive depth chart and the odds of hitting a position of need are very high.

If I had to rank them it'd be something like this:

DE - Games are won in the trenches
DT - See DE
OLB - We need speed at the position. Adibi's a plus, but has health concerns
S - One that can deliver a slobber-knocker and be decent in coverage.
CB - You really can't have too many CB's on your team.

C/G - A little competition for Brisiel and Meyers during camp wouldn't hurt.

I chose DE, but really wouldn't be upset over any defensive pick. Throw a dart at our defensive depth chart and the odds of hitting a position of need are very high.

If I had to rank them it'd be something like this:

DE - Games are won in the trenches
DT - See DE
OLB - We need speed at the position. Adibi's a plus, but has health concerns
S - One that can deliver a slobber-knocker and be decent in coverage.
CB - You really can't have too many CB's on your team.

C/G - A little competition for Brisiel and Meyers during camp wouldn't hurt.

How would some of you feel about Lauranitus from OSU?? He has been really solid for the last two years and really seems to have a great head on his shoulders. He would have been possibly a top ten pick last season had he came out.

I don't think it is unrealistic to think that Lauranitus JUST MIGHT be available with our 15th pick. Probably not, but I could see it happening. I'd rather draft a DE or S with our first pick, but I wouldn't be mad at all if we were to get another bad ass franchise type of LB like Lauranitus to pair up with Demeco. I could be just fine with that.

How would some of you feel about Lauranitus from OSU?? He has been really solid for the last two years and really seems to have a great head on his shoulders. He would have been possibly a top ten pick last season had he came out.

I don't think it is unrealistic to think that Lauranitus JUST MIGHT be available with our 15th pick. Probably not, but I could see it happening. I'd rather draft a DE or S with our first pick, but I wouldn't be mad at all if we were to get another bad ass franchise type of LB like Lauranitus to pair up with Demeco. I could be just fine with that.

Like I mentioned above, I wouldn't *****. I watched him a couple times early in the season and wasn't really overly impressed. I'd gather there are better options out there. I like the speed of Georgia's Ellerbe and Curran which is more the type of LB we need. We need speed on the outside.

I don't want a space eater unless he moves exceptionally well or we switch to a 3-4...Frank Okam is a rarity as far as the 4-3 goes....

Not too many space eaters starting in the 4-3's across the leauge...

Shouldn't this be multiple choice?
I thought about making this multiple choice but decided against it. I made this pole just to see what position everybody thinks we need the most help atand not worry about who's on the board yet. Descussions about who we should take given a specific board will come later when we get into our mock drafts.

Lets see how this one goes for a few days and then we may do a multilple choice one. See if the answer's are different.

Without thinking about specific players that will be available and without factoring in Free agents I don't see how the choice can be anything other than DE...IMO it's the biggest weakness on the team...

**Knock on wood, Knock on Wood, Knock on Wood, Knock on wood**

Just imagine if something happened to Mario and we didn't get a significant upgrade during the off-season....THAT would be an ugly sit-chi-ation....We'd basically be playing with Linebackers and DB's...

I think I could stomach losing anyone else on defense....

If we lose Mario we are done. Mario in his rookie season was better than any D-lineman we currently have....

Without thinking about specific players that will be available and without factoring in Free agents I don't see how the choice can be anything other than DE...IMO it's the biggest weakness on the team...

**Knock on wood, Knock on Wood, Knock on Wood, Knock on wood**

Just imagine if something happened to Mario and we didn't get a significant upgrade during the off-season....THAT would be an ugly sit-chi-ation....We'd basically be playing with Linebackers and DB's...

I think I could stomach losing anyone else on defense....

If we lose Mario we are done. Mario in his rookie season was better than any D-lineman we currently have....

Geez, just by thinking about that scenario it gives me a bad feeling in my stomach. DE for sure, but you never know what will be available or not available and we don't want to grab a guy at DE who is just as good as some of the others that could be drafted in the 2nd round. top DE's go faster than just about any position and we're at 15. There might be a much more talented safety or LB available with that pick.

I agree though, that we need DE more than anything.

I think the better question would be, which position should the Texans not draft? WR and QB is the only position I can really say we should be ok at next year if we dont add anyone.

If a DE worthy of being close to the 15th pick is there in the 1st round, I say go with that guy. If not, trade down and get an extra pick. I guess the same thing could be said about a safety. I just can't possibly imagine them drafting any other position with their first pick. The defense is much more needing of help than the offense, and I'd say the DE is a bigger need than a safety.

Then again, the coaching staff is not complete and the free agent scramble hasn't happened yet. What happens with the coachs and free agents will say a lot about what we take with our first pick. And who knows, we might even trade a player or two.

you should always take bpa @ the top of your draft board. that being said I went OLB, someone to help DeMeco, replace Greenwood, good in coverage, strong in run support & ability to pass rush/blitz like a demon. someone who improves the Texans defense immediately, Aaron Curry, Wake Forrest 6016 242 :)

you should always take bpa @ the top of your draft board. that being said I went OLB, someone to help DeMeco, replace Greenwood, good in coverage, strong in run support & ability to pass rush/blitz like a demon. someone who improves the Texans defense immediately, Aaron Curry, Wake Forrest 6016 242 :)

I would love Curry here. If he made it to 10-13, I would contemplate moving up a few spots. A big, strong, physical Sam OLB is just what the doctor ordered. Too bad he is a top 5 pick.

Back