Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Where are all of the Mario supporters?

B

Barkley

Still confident that this guy will ever be able to play? He SUCKS along with the rest of this crapola team. At least if we had Bush or Vince we would have something to look forward to this season. Now we can look forward to the first or second pick in the 2007 draft....thats it. We may be competitive by 2008

Still confident that this guy will ever be able to play? He SUCKS along with the rest of this crapola team. At least if we had Bush or Vince we would have something to look forward to this season. Now we can look forward to the first or second pick in the 2007 draft....thats it. We may be competitive by 2008

Does Reggie play defense ?

Mario Williams IS a bust........this guy isn't even decent....it's been 3 games plus the preseason and he's sucked in all of them.......dude is just flat out bad.

troll.gif

I'm just waiting to see Mario get called out by Chris Collins on NBC tonight like he has the past 2 weeks.

Though he hasn't made & impact whatsoever, This whole defense is just bad & the D-coordinator is not helping matters. you can tell the kid is a rookie & he's thinking too much, but having said that NOONE is making a tackle. the 2 stop gap guys aren't collapsing the pocket & getting killed the linebackers are too tiny & can't see what's going on in the backfield & the secondary is just not instinctive.......................... Add to that dumb penalties.:bomb:

Okay for nicknames so far we have

1. Sorryo
2. Sam Bowie

Any others?

and I agree our entire defense looks really bad, but Williams lack of skill is too obvious to ignore.

i still am a supporter of mario williams, we could have drafted a real bad player at #1 and i will still support him and everyone on the team, and yall will come back to this thread next season, and say what was i thinkin, mario is the best

so yall need to stop *****in about everything, and just wait for it

Mario Williams is a joke. Number one overall draft choice? This is a monumental mistake.

We could have had Derrick Johnson last year; we traded down and took Travis Johnson. Another bust.

We wasted a first round draft choice on Jason Babin. Another bust.

Our defensive line is an entire unit of draft mistakes.

We should change colors next year to Maroon and white and change the name to Houston Aggies!

Okay for nicknames so far we have

1. Sorryo
2. Sam Bowie

Any others?

and I agree our entire defense looks really bad, but Williams lack of skill is too obvious to ignore.

Sorryo thats kind of a compliment to how he has been playing sorry would be a compliment. but he still is a rookie so its still early

Nah...its actually supposed to be humerous becuase as a player, the guy is SORRY. He flat out cannot play. We wasted the first overall pick on this guy last year

heh.....SUPPOSED to be humourous? For little kids, sure.

As a MW supporter, I will agree that MW did not perform great at all. But to call him "Sorryo", just doesn't work for me. If I know a player sucks, I say his actual name, and not some lame nickname made up for him.

If we are looking for a nickname for Mario, I suggest:

The Mirage!

–noun
1. an optical phenomenon, esp. in the desert or at sea, by which the image of some object appears displaced above, below, or to one side of its true position as a result of spatial variations of the index of refraction of air.
2. something illusory, without substance or reality.
3. (initial capital letter) Military. any of a series of supersonic, delta-wing, multirole French fighter-bombers.
[Origin: 1795–1805; < F, equiv. to (se) mir(er) to look at (oneself), be reflected (< L m&#299;r&#257;r&#299; to wonder at) + -age -age]

—Synonyms 2. illusion, phantom, fancy.

I cant hate on Mario, but I am getting the feeling that as a number one overall pick we made a mistake. We could go with Travis Johnson and Seth Payne at the DT. We keep R. Smith and let Babin and Weaver play DE and we would have just as much production. At least with Vince or Regie we have bigplay ability on offense. We are very young at every position!

A name calling thread!?!?

I used to be good at this... hold on... okay I got one...

How about DoucheMagnahorn?

Eh... not one of my best but it'll do.

:ok:

Need to place blame where it belongs. Mario is Mario. We knew what he was from college. First he was benched because he was lazy. Coach sat him down and said play good and you will be a rich man. Well now he is rich and there is no way to motivate a lazy man. Second he has no real feel for the game. He was not even the best player on the defensive team in college. Third he has no real love for the game. He said he would quit football. Played up as feel good story. Said to me he has no real love of the game.
This is Mario. The blame goes to the brain trust that drafted him. Kubiak and Company.

If we are looking for a nickname for Mario, I suggest:

The Mirage!

&#8211;noun
1. an optical phenomenon, esp. in the desert or at sea, by which the image of some object appears displaced above, below, or to one side of its true position as a result of spatial variations of the index of refraction of air.
2. something illusory, without substance or reality.
3. (initial capital letter) Military. any of a series of supersonic, delta-wing, multirole French fighter-bombers.
[Origin: 1795&#8211;1805; < F, equiv. to (se) mir(er) to look at (oneself), be reflected (< L m&#299;r&#257;r&#299; to wonder at) + -age -age]

-Synonyms 2. illusion, phantom, fancy.

Mario, the supersonic, delta-wing, multirole French fighter-bomber?

Im soarly disappointed in Mario right now. But he isnt a bust. And he really REALLY doesnt deserve any lame nicknames from the part time fans here.

He is incredibly raw.. and thats worrysome because when a player is that green, you dont know if they will ever reach an NFL playing level, mentally.

Mario is a two year project, based on what I saw today. And as such, we really need more help on the defensive line.

I dont' get into the nickname thing.. I think we forget that friends and family members and who knows maybe the Texan players/staff read on hear from time to time..

I hope they do.......This team is an absolute distaster and everyone associated with the organization should be ashamed

You think the players/coaching/mgmt of this organization aren't scratching their heads? You think Kubiak and staff are happy with this?

Im soarly disappointed in Mario right now. But he isnt a bust. And he really REALLY doesnt deserve any lame nicknames from the part time fans here.

He is incredibly raw.. and thats worrysome because when a player is that green, you dont know if they will ever reach an NFL playing level, mentally.

Mario is a two year project, based on what I saw today. And as such, we really need more help on the defensive line.

I don't like the name calling either - but Sorryio pretty much hits the nail on the head. I was at the game and watched him - dude has NO game. Don't know what this staff fell in love eith on this guys - but hope they can get it out of him soon.

I don't like the name calling either - but Sorryio pretty much hits the nail on the head. I was at the game and watched him - dude has NO game. Don't know what this staff fell in love eith on this guys - but hope they can get it out of him soon.
They love him in shorts, working out, looking good. They fell in love with his measurables and his workout. 10.5 of his sacks last year came from 3 chump opponents.

They love him in shorts, working out, looking good. They fell in love with his measurables and his workout. 10.5 of his sacks last year came from 3 chump opponents.

He is very young. Give him some damn time. Again where are his supporters? Can't make a defense by yourself.

I am hoping Mario comes around and I supported the decision of getting him..

with that said, I don't know what is going on with the whole D-line.

TJ,Payne/Weaver/Williams... can't recall hearing ANY of their names

or ANY of them doing something special

I am hoping Mario comes around and I supported the decision of getting him..

with that said, I don't know what is going on with the whole D-line.

TJ,Payne/Weaver/Williams... can't recall hearing ANY of their names

or ANY of them doing something special

Good point. I was mainly watching Mario.

I hope they do.......This team is an absolute distaster and everyone associated with the organization should be ashamed

Then you should be ashamed, because you are posting on a Houston Texans message board. . . I'd say you are associated with the organization. . .

Food for thought

He is very young. Give him some damn time. Again where are his supporters? Can't make a defense by yourself.

Finally someone with some sense. In case you guys aren't watching, there are supossed to be 10 other players on the defense with him & only 1 of them i'm sure of off the top of my head has the built in excuse that he's a rookie. Don't worry, though people will see how bad reggie bush looks against a functional Defense.

Finally someone with some sense. In case you guys aren't watching, there are supossed to be 10 other players on the defense with him & only 1 of them i'm sure of off the top of my head has the built in excuse that he's a rookie. Don't worry, though people will see how bad reggie bush looks against a functional Defense.
top 3 picks are supposed to be pro bowl caliber players....we are paying 50 mil for that in a cap league....if he flashed at least a QB hurry we wouldn't be so crapped out...but after watching him play in 7 games including preseason he has looked like an undrafted FA.

Back