Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

When You Thought It Couldn't Get Any Worse

David Carr goes 18/35 and 3 TDs. He rushes 22 times for 54 yards. Dayne and Lundy combine to only rush for 46 yards. Somehow, I don't see this outcome happening.

The Pats defense has given up the fewest combined rushing/passing TDs in the league (16 in 13 games).

They only allow 14.3 points per game.

The Texans may not score.

But, according to our QB, it's only a game and he's just going to go out there with a smile on his face and have fun with the rest of the guys.

The Pats defense has given up the fewest combined rushing/passing TDs in the league (16 in 13 games).

But, according to our QB, it's only a game and he's just going to go out there with a smile on his face and have fun with the rest of the guys.

If that's his approach to the game then good for him. No one supports him anymore so why should he worry too much about it?

"The Texans may not score". Quit whining.

As long as he's having fun, "that's all that matters". :ok:

QB75 said:

How is that "whining"? :um:

aj. is analyzing the game and offering his opinion of a possible outcome. I think you are too quick to make judgement on folks using the forum for it's intended purpose.

Hey David...you know what's fun? Throwing it down the middle...downfield...and avoiding the pass rush...oh...and winning.

Can you picture Carr with Ditka , Parcells , Buddy Ryan , or any super intense coach .

I think one of the problems with the team is they aren't having any fun. This manifests itself in negative attittudes and the inability to get fired up when it counts. Their jobs are part of the daily grind rather than playing a sport.

Just when you thuoght it couldnt get any worse you realize you play the Patriots and Colts the next two weeks.

Good. Good to know none of your guys crap effects him at all, maybe if he was admitted to a hospitle for stomach alsers for worring about it you would like that more.

is that the quote from Carr from the other night where he basically said he could give two chits about playing football

is that the quote from Carr from the other night where he basically said he could give two chits about playing football

Yeah, that was one of two things he said in the last couple days that made me wonder where his head is at ....

I offered an opinion about the game tomorrow. Try it sometime.

Good. Good to know none of your guys crap effects him at all, maybe if he was admitted to a hospitle for stomach alsers for worring about it you would like that more.

Yeah, you got to admit he's been pretty 'consistent' over the past 4 1/2 years whether we praise him or criticize him, that's for sure. :rolleyes:

Actually, I'd like it more if he learned how to escape pressure while keeping his eyes downfield - and do the things that Kubiak fights with him about constantly (per Kubiak) like slowing down his feet and his eyes -- and maybe even throw a TD pass more than once every seven weeks - or improvise just once instead of going fetal. But yeah, it's all the OL's fault.

yeah i saw that on the FSN texans show deal and listening to him was like do what.... whats wrong with this guy does he not realize what he's implying

I hope the trainers will remember the orange slices and the Fruit Punch Capri Suns for the team tomorrrow. Just go have fun, guys, it's not like you get paid money for this!!

Reminds me of Joe Montana smiling in the huddle and pointing out John candy at the Super Bowl when everyone was serious/nervous and worried about losing.

I guess being positive does not go a long way in the NFL anymore.

Exactly; why even keep score? Let it be like little league soccer, just have fun out there.

How about, like all marathon runners (and I've run a few), they all get medals at the end of the game?

edit for clarity: It must be a lot easier to go out there and smile when you're getting paid a fortune, rather than being a paying customer. As much as I've always rooted for his and the teams success, what is he thinking?

Reminds me of Joe Montana smiling in the huddle and pointing out John candy at the Super Bowl when everyone was serious/nervous and worried about losing.

Yeah, that or Vince cracking jokes in the huddle in overtime before jamming it up our collective asses.

For some reason I haven't gotten many Joe Montana/49ers Super Bowl visuals as I've watched or thought about the Texans recently. I'll imagine them in red and gold tomorrow. Maybe that will dull the pain.

I think one of the problems with the team is they aren't having any fun. This manifests itself in negative attittudes and the inability to get fired up when it counts. Their jobs are part of the daily grind rather than playing a sport.

I'm sure that it's hard to have fun when you're headed for consecutive seasons of 2-14 and 5-11.

I think one of the problems with the team is that there is no team. The offensive line has been much-maligned from the get-go. The QB can't function for whatever reason. The receivers can't get out in patterns. The RB corps is weak and in transition. Offensive line over here....quarterback over there ... recievers and backs in-between. Separate units working hard and 'not quitting', I'm sure, but working as one? I dunno....

... according to our QB, it's only a game and he's just going to go out there with a smile on his face and have fun with the rest of the guys.

Yeah, that's why I made a Dee Carr post about her being our favorite ballerina last night. The mod removed it, though, I guess Dee can't stand it when anybody insults her. She's the worst QB in the league, bar none. There are bunches of "young" QBs gettin it done. Romo, Rivers, Vince, Leinart, Palmer, Alex Smith, the list goes on. Only one out there dancing ballet. Her name is Carr. :chicken:

hts

You're kidding, right? I mean mentioning Joe Montana and Dee Carr in the same breath? One being a leader who could inspire his team members to do great and unanticipated acts, and the other one who fumbles the ball points at it and expects his teammates to scrum for it while he purties up his hair? Yeah, I see the analogy. :yikes:

hts

You're kidding, right? I mean mentioning Joe Montana and Dee Carr in the same breath? One being a leader who could inspire his team members to do great and unanticipated acts, and the other one who fumbles the ball points at it and expects his teammates to scrum for it while he purties up his hair? Yeah, I see the analogy. :yikes:

hts

You acting like Carr is a girl is a joke. No one has taken more hits or sacks than him and he gets up. He single handedly tried to win the Giants game and took a shot scoring a TD but once again his Teammates dropped the ball when he put it in their hands (but we all know Carr is at fault for AJ dropping passes and Cook fumbling in 2 key situations).

If you want to see a pretty boy QB, look at Brady, how many times has he been on the cover of GQ???

Fox hammered the Texans again during their pre-game.

The Texans got the #2 spot on Caliendo doing Letterman's Top 10 list of "You don't know anything about the NFL when..." (the Texans took Mario over Bush or VY).....

Then Jimmy piled on CC again and basically called Carr Heath Shuler. The piece was followed by a brief "Top Draft Blunders of all time" segment.

Way to go Texans. We made the national spotlight.

You acting like Carr is a girl is a joke. No one has taken more hits or sacks than him and he gets up. He single handedly tried to win the Giants game and took a shot scoring a TD but once again his Teammates dropped the ball when he put it in their hands (but we all know Carr is at fault for AJ dropping passes and Cook fumbling in 2 key situations).

If you want to see a pretty boy QB, look at Brady, how many times has he been on the cover of GQ???

Yeah, you're right. I messed up that post. I said HIS teammates, and HE purties up HIS hair. I am a bonehead. I meant to say HER teammates, and SHE purties up HER hair. Thanks for pointing out my blunder. She's lookin' really hot today! :drool:

hts

Back