Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Whats the worst that could happen (Week 2)

Whats the worst that could happen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Air Canada

Waterboy
A look at some dreadful scenarios :boogereater:

A. The Texans come out and find a way to get absolutely dominated defensively by the Redskins and lose going away.

B. The Texans get hot and get an early lead in the 1st half up 3 scores, but allow the Redskins to come back with turnovers and miscues ie. a big fumble and or interception resulted in a loss by a late field goal.

C. Both teams come out playing very physically on defense keeping both opposing offenses down and a low-scoring game... The Texans miss a couple 30yd. field goals.. 1 early and another at the end of the game a potential gamewinner by Neil Rackers our newly acquired kicker. :mcnugget:

D. The Texans do what we expect and massacre the Redskins scoring 4tds with Schaub and AJ lighting them up in the air and Arian going for a buck 10... only for Schaub to get knocked outta the game late with a concussion that will keep him out of the following game vs. Dallas.

Now don't worry, none of this will happen.
:pop: What will happen is the Texans will come out and make a statement on the road with a dominant performance. And show the league they are getting better each week and a team to contend for not just the division, but the whole AFC. :shades:

A. The Texans come out and find a way to get absolutely dominated defensively by the Redskins and lose going away.

B. The Texans get hot and get an early lead in the 1st half up 3 scores, but allow the Redskins to come back with turnovers and miscues ie. a big fumble and or interception resulted in a loss by a late field goal.

C. Both teams come out playing very physically on defense keeping both opposing offenses down and a low-scoring game... The Texans miss a couple 30yd. field goals.. 1 early and another at the end of the game a potential gamewinner by Neil Rackers our newly acquired kicker. :mcnugget:

D. The Texans do what we expect and massacre the Redskins scoring 4tds with Schaub and AJ lighting them up in the air and Arian going for a buck 10... only for Schaub to get knocked outta the game late with a concussion that will keep him out of the following game vs. Dallas.

:pop: What will happen is the Texans will come out and make a statement on the road with a dominant performance. And show they are getting better each week and a team to contend for the division and the whole AFC. :shades:

:backsout:

Just sayin. No need to go here. Don't need it, won't read it anymore. ;)

Plenty of "could"... but I'll play the game "will":

The worst that 'will' happen is Schaub throws another pick on our way to another impressive dominating performance that results in a W.

The worst thing last game was Barwin's injury. This week and those that follow, we will not have any major scares like that.

Injury to Schaub would be horrible.

After years of being hesitant about thinking we "should" beat a team based on paper, I have to say I feel good about this game. I AM NOT saying this is a lock or anything by any means so chill before you get started......

But I do think that the Skins Offense B-L-O-W-S, BLOWS, BLOWS, BLOWS (to steal a chant from the Jets) and their D only looked so good cause Dallas is not as good as they get praised for IMO.

Just saying, IMO, we win this game then come home and play balls out against Dallas and hopefully end up 3-0 to start the year.

After years of being half glass empty, I'm trying to be be half glass full. BUt maybe I think I'm too smart now that I started Arian Foster last weekend and DOMINATED fools in my league!!:clown:

Lol. To answer the question I want it all to go perfect, but if I can't have it all let's just get out of there healthy. To reiterate though, I want it all. :tiphat:

Right. The worst scenario is not in the poll: a season-ending injury to Schaub.

But every game is a test. We passed the first one, now there's a new test--playing on the road, favored, with a winning record. I hate to say it but if they do beat the Redskins, a loss to Dallas would be...uh...not as bad as it could be. I'd trade a loss to Dallas for two wins over Nashville's team in a heartbeat.

But screw that, I want it all, too.

Right. The worst scenario is not in the poll: a season-ending injury to Schaub.

But every game is a test. We passed the first one, now there's a new test--playing on the road, favored, with a winning record. I hate to say it but if they do beat the Redskins, a loss to Dallas would be...uh...not as bad as it could be. I'd trade a loss to Dallas for two wins over Nashville's team in a heartbeat.

But screw that, I want it all, too.

Before the Colts opener, I was thinking if the Texans can somehow manage a 3-3 start to the season I'd be happier than hell. Now I'm thinking it's very possible to have a 5-1 record going into the bye week.

I hate threads like this. There is a whole lotta bad that could happen, and it seems to me that this is just asking for it. The old Karma is a ***** thing ya know?

Karma takes too long to happen or else I'd be neutered and bald by now.

Worst case is we get the **** kicked out of us in all phases of the game. A season ending injury to any of our stars would be absolutely awful, but I think having everybody healthy and looking like total crap could really be even worse and could start a skid that would knock out any good feelings we had about week 1.

I'm going with "E" - None of the above. And I will go with the footnote. That's almost verbatim what I was going to respond with. Well said.

:pop: What will happen is the Texans will come out and make a statement on the road with a dominant performance. And show the league they are getting better each week and a team to contend for not just the division, but the whole AFC. :shades:

In my best Stewie voice: What the hell man!!!!!!

Have you ever heard of the power of positive thinking. You gotta accentuate the positive.

Before the Colts opener, I was thinking if the Texans can somehow manage a 3-3 start to the season I'd be happier than hell. Now I'm thinking it's very possible to have a 5-1 record going into the bye week.

With the way Oakland, Dallas & Washington looked in week one I would be disappointed if Houston doesn't have 4 or 5 wins after the bye.

Ok, ok.... I understand... A bit much. :fingergun: just call it a reverse jinx. We'll be fine and Texans will do just fine come this Sunday afternoon. :specnatz:

Back