Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What Mallett brings as a (full-time) Starter

Mallett should have been released from the team today.

Yeah yeah yeah, O'Brien, the GM and half of the players need to be too, but Mallett needs to be kicked off for a totally different reason.

Patrick Starr revealed that this is not the 2nd time Mallet has been late.....it's the 3rd.........he was also late for the team bus in Richmond, Virginia.

Good lord. I've rarely heard of any player missing one bus/plane/practice much less missing three in the span of a few months. It's starting to sound more and more like there was merit to those maturity questions that surrounded him in the draft.

Good lord. I've rarely heard of any player missing one bus/plane/practice much less missing three in the span of a few months. It's starting to sound more and more like there was merit to those maturity questions that surrounded him in the draft.

.........or he's wanting to be released to negotiate with another team. Seems awfully screwy in that when asked about any incident of missing things in New England, Brady in an interview, when the Mallet incidents were brought up, said he thought that had happened only once that he could ever remember (in the time that Brady has been with the Pats).......and in the context of the question asked, he was not talking about Mallet.

.........or he's wanting to be released to negotiate with another team. Seems awfully screwy in that when asked about any incident of missing things in New England, Brady in an interview, when the Mallet incidents were brought up, said he thought that had happened only once that he could ever remember.......and in the context of the question asked, he was not talking about Mallet.

So he's intentionally missing work. That doesn't strike you as a gross sign of immaturity?

if this season goes more South we should just start Mallett and stick with him no matter what cus I think we got enough tape on Hoyer and he is getting older so yeah

BTW if we do Cut mallet are only Backup QB then we should go get Tebow Why not ..???? u want a spark well LOL

Whaaaaa??

...O'Brien wanted - and tried - to cut Mallett before the Texans ever took the field during a 44-26 blowout defeat to the Dolphins, said sources with direct knowledge of the situation who weren't authorized to speak publicly. But the second-year leader – partly hired by owner Bob McNair for his fierce personality and high standards of personal accountability – was overruled by longtime general manager Rick Smith.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/spo...hp?t=a8228d369a438d9cbb&cmpid=twitter-premium

What a joke. They're trying to absolve Bill O'Brien as if Ryan Mallett wasn't ******* EXACTLY who he wanted and EXACTLY who he brought in a long with his other Patriots douche quarterback cast-off.

As if O'Brien has a good head on his shoulders but he's held back by the bureaucracy. As if he hasn't been complete garbage in so many ways.

What a transparent, garbage thing.

They're both responsible. They're both catastrophic failures.

So he's intentionally missing work. That doesn't strike you as a gross sign of immaturity?

Immaturity could certainly be an explanation for how he is going about being released, if that is his goal (and I'm not sure for him to want that goal under the circumstances is immature in itself). If that is not his goal, being an idiot could be the other explanation.

No it strikes me as someone who wants off the team because he was promised something and then stabbed him in the back

So missing the bus in Virginia and sleeping thru practice happened before being "stabbed in the back." How then do you explain those two actions as Mallett wanting off the team when he had yet to be betrayed? By all accounts he was in the mix for a long term spot prior to being pulled for Hoyer recently. This was just strike 3 for a guy who doesn't have the makeup to be a professional football player. Point blank: Ryan Mallett is weapons-grade stupid absolutely blinded by his own arrogance.

Any HC who lets his emotions get in the way of sound football moves does not deserve to be employed at this level. It's this very same behavior that has gotten us into this nightmare. O'Brien has lost the respect of the team, not Mallett. Mallett never pulled this stuff as a Patriot, so there is more to this story than meets the eye. All of you fans focusing your anger and disappointment on Mallett are just as childish as O'Brien.

Reactions: JB
No it strikes me as someone who wants off the team because he was promised something and then stabbed him in the back

Well, if that's the case, then why doesn't he just fuckin quit, then?

What's striking you is totally illogical and a figment of slanted imagination.

Any HC who lets his emotions get in the way of sound football moves does not deserve to be employed at this level. It's this very same behavior that has gotten us into this nightmare. O'Brien has lost the respect of the team, not Mallett. Mallett never pulled this stuff as a Patriot, so there is more to this story than meets the eye. All of you fans focusing your anger and disappointment on Mallett are just as childish as O'Brien.

Oh, I feel ya; but Mallett was never handed the keys to the kingdom in New England, either. Just to have them taken away? Maybe. That's one theory thats smells like it's more than greets the nose. In fact, everything about the Texans smells pretty fishy right now, especially after playing like cunts in Tuna Town.

I said in another thread that Rick was right for staying OB's hand. This much is true. Now if only Bob McNair would learn to use his fist then dreams would come true.

A Joke:

Q: How many NFL coaches does Bob McNair hire to change a light bulb?

A: None. McNair is quite happy living in the shadows.

Well, if that's the case, then why doesn't he just fuckin quit, then?

What's striking you is totally illogical and a figment of slanted imagination.
The only way he could "quit" is to retire, and I am pretty sure he wants to play somewhere. So he can't quit, he needs to get them to cut him, or trade him.

Why? Who are you going to replace him with?

Some more reliable FA-QB. Place him now behind Hoyer. And after the Bye it´ll be ok you have this guy as a backup.

I dont want to see Mallett any longer in a Texans uniform. Just unprofessional.

Tell Jerrah Jones that he's one of the greatest QB's in Arky history.
Then offer to trade him to the Cowboys and throw in Keenum's
7th round pick if they will take him and his salary off our hands..

What a joke. They're trying to absolve Bill O'Brien as if Ryan Mallett wasn't ******* EXACTLY who he wanted and EXACTLY who he brought in a long with his other Patriots douche quarterback cast-off.

As if O'Brien has a good head on his shoulders but he's held back by the bureaucracy. As if he hasn't been complete garbage in so many ways.

What a transparent, garbage thing.

They're both responsible. They're both catastrophic failures.

Yup... exactly.

I think it's Travis Johnson on "In the Trenches" saying for all we know, Rick Smith is holding O'Briens feet to the fire. Saying, "Wait a minute, this is the guy you wanted. This is the guy I gave up a draft pick for because you said you wanted him. I'm not going to let you cut him, then use this as an excuse.

"You said you can make it work... I didn't need to trade up for Bridgewater, I didn't need to take Carr, I didn't need to trade up for Garopolo. You already axed Fitzpatrick, your guy. You benched Hoyer after three qtrs, you put your project on IR... I'm not letting you cut the only alternative you have to saving this season if Hoyer turns out to be who I told you he was."

I could see it.

Yup... exactly.

I think it's Travis Johnson on "In the Trenches" saying for all we know, Rick Smith is holding O'Briens feet to the fire. Saying, "Wait a minute, this is the guy you wanted. This is the guy I gave up a draft pick for because you said you wanted him. I'm not going to let you cut him, then use this as an excuse.

"You said you can make it work... I didn't need to trade up for Bridgewater, I didn't need to take Carr, I didn't need to trade up for Garopolo. You already axed Fitzpatrick, your guy. You benched Hoyer after three qtrs, you put your project on IR... I'm not letting you cut the only alternative you have to saving this season if Hoyer turns out to be who I told you he was."

I could see it.
Ryan Mallett never pulled this stuff in New England. You have to ask yourself why now? Perhaps verbal promises were made, and perhaps that is the point of contention. Something does not smell right about this whole thing to me.

YGvrA5y.png

This team gots 99 prorums but mallet ain't one.

Eff you Mallet. I'm sure another team will get suckered into giving you a chance and you'll eff that one up too.

Mallett had nothing to do with that atrocity on Sunday, yet he is the scapegoat.

I guess all the problems on this team are fixed now! :trophy::trophy::trophy:

I did say there 99 prorums. That means there are still more holes in the dike that need plugging.

Sounds like we'll be bringing Tj back. I've got nothing against Tj. I didn't think we should have let him go. Now, we traded him to make room for Fitz. We cut Fitz to make room for Hoyer. We cut Mallett & bring in Yates.

The word circle jerk comes to mind.

I got dizzy reading that.

Yeah that big pause was not good. He did say he did not know though, so if you are going to lie, why not just go all the way and say no? You could tell he was measuring his words for sure. Including about O'Brien and Hoyer.

I'm not happy with any of our former NE Patriots. I was firmly against signing Hoyer, I understood and accepted the Mallett trade and everything O'Brien has done to this point has left me empty in Texans enthusiasm meter.

Oh, and I forgot one other person, Romeo Crennel. O'Brien brought the band back together in Houston and the band stinks.

escapegoat.jpg

Nah, he was cut because he sucks and a knucklehead on top of that.

Wasn't saying anything other than of all the players and coaches who contributed to what is being called one of the worst, most embarrassing loses in the history of the franchise, the back-up QB got cut for missing the team plane. Think about that for a minute and tell me this organization isn't a train wreck.

Wasn't saying anything other than of all the players and coaches who contributed to what is being called one of the worst, most embarrassing loses in the history of the franchise, the back-up QB got cut for missing the team plane. Think about that for a minute and tell me this organization isn't a train wreck.
Well hopefully the cutting/firing isn't done. Mallet got what he deserved and others deserve the same fate.

Well hopefully the cutting/firing isn't done. Mallet got what he deserved and others deserve the same fate.

Been almost 48 hours since it was 35-0. Not sure what they would be waiting on at this point. Won't hold my breath but willing to be proven wrong.

what team u think is going to pick up mallet besides have u been in Houston traffic its very easy to miss a flight esp if u live on the other side of town

what team u think is going to pick up mallet besides have u been in Houston traffic its very easy to miss a flight esp if u live on the other side of town
me theenx dat da jaqwaurz or eben da dallis cowboise will give him a tri oat.

Back