Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What kind of game do you expect from the Texans against the Jags?

Texecutioner

Hall of Fame
I expect the running game to improve slightly. Not a lot, but a little. At this point, all we can hope for is baby steps. I expect to see more of Chris Brown being involved.

I think the passing game continues to roll, because the Jags don't have any serious pass rushers that will be in Schaub's face the entire game. I think the Texans O line will be able to block their D line and LB's pretty well.

I expect another huge game from the opposing team's RB again. It won't be near as big as CJ's game though, but no way do I think that the Texans will be able to shut down MJD, nor do I think that they'll even be able to contain him. I think the Texans secondary plays a lot better through in the passing game this week since the Jags WR situation is pretty shaky right now and it should be inconsistent. I think that the Texans will have their best pass rush we've seen all year this week.

Texans win this game 28-17.

I think the running game should be able to get going in spurts. We're gonna have a few 1 or 2 yard gains but we're gonna see Slaton be able to break a 20+ yarder or so every so often because they're gonna be so focused on stopping our passing game.

I think our run defense will look a lot better because we're gonna stack the box to stop MJD but probably give up some plays against the pass because we're so focused on MJD and not their thin WR corps.

Hopefully we can grab a quick 2 or 3 score lead to get them away from the run and force them to beat us with the weakest part of their offense.

If we can force them to pass we can see how aggressive we'll REALLY get when the defense is allowed to pin their ears back. I hope to see Cushing get his number called in a couple blitz packages just so we can see him show another facet of his game at the pro level that he showed in college he was capable of doing.

I expect to see the Texans play UP to the level they played last week minus the 2 lapses on D. I expect them NOT to play DOWN to the level of our opponents.

Kubiak must get this team to show consistency and it starts Sunday.

Kubiak must get this team to show consistency and it starts Sunday.

Couldn't agree more. We should score first and never look back this Sunday. If it's anywhere close to a tight game (or, god forbid a loss) then we'll all know what's up.

3947920623_80194c5b5a_o.jpg

They need to have a statement game like they had on Monday Night Football.

We are better coached, more talented, and more motivated to succeed. There's no reason not to come out and jump all over the Jags.

Most likely scenerio.

Heads we'll dominate
Tails we'll get dominated

Who knows which side it will land on.

I expect a hard fought game because the Jaguars don't need good DB's or pass rushers to give us trouble. They just always seem to play hard against us. I expect our offense to pick up where they left off last week and I expect our defense to improve. I expect us to win and play well doing it.

The only thing I expect is to be surprised. This team never performs as expected. We'll either play well and turn a few heads or we'll come out and lay an egg.

Which is more likely? Who knows

I think the game will be a game of time of possession. who ever has the ball longer will come out on top. With MJD running the ball trying to control the clock like they normally do. If our defense can stop the run and create some 3 and outs and our offence can control the clock and the ball with limited turn overs there is no way we can lose this game.

i except a hard fought divison game the jags will be playing for there playoff lifes trying to avoid a 0-3

We are in battle red at home if we dont win this then man ... that would really suck

Honestly I do not care about the running game at this time. For me it is vital that we take advantage of the momentum out passing game has, keep on firing and make sure that we build on last weeks success. Who knows, if we do it several games in a row it might stick?

Keep firing, run it now and then.

Ofcourse it'll be the exact opposite :)

The only thing I expect is to be surprised. This team never performs as expected. We'll either play well and turn a few heads or we'll come out and lay an egg.

Pretty much what I think. This team is capable of going out there and blowing the Jags up offensively or just as capable of laying a goose egg on both sides of the ball.

Jags against the Colts showed a good bit of 3-4 looks. If you've got the personnel to run it against the team it's been more then effective lately.

I expect a real tough game with the Texans edging them out with a last second Kris Brown FG. One thing should be for sure the entire Texans D better be keying on MJD.

this would be a good week to get reeves some pt i expect our running game to break out of it's slump as they concentrate on trying to slow down our passing attack. if we go pass happy to start with, we can pop them with draws and screens to build the lead, then just cram it down their throats with chris brown late. We should get 3-4 sacks and 1-2 to's in our favor as our d will bring it for four quarters. they still give up a long run/pass but it will be over with by the end of the 3rd quarter. sounds like a plan, hope it works.

texans-32
jags-10

That is exactly what I'm 'expecting'. If we win decisively, I won't be surprised. If we play flat and lose, I won't be surprised.

This is the kind of team we have. I wouldn't put bet money (or avatars) on them, I've learned that much.

I'm expecting the offense to keep it rolling, especially with Walter back in the line up. I expect the first 100yd game from Steve Slaton (if he can hold on to the ball!). And I expect a "W", although it will be a little harder than some think.

I expect the defensive snafus to be corrected against another feature back. If not, then we're in for a long day.

I think the bigger question now is, "what kind of game do you expect out of Kasey Studdard?"....

Hopefully he can pick up and fill that hole without much drop off.

I think the bigger question now is, "what kind of game do you expect out of Kasey Studdard?"....

Hopefully he can pick up and fill that hole without much drop off.

Well, here's his chance to show what he can do. I wonder how much this game will mirror the rest of the season :thinking:

Most likely scenerio.

Heads we'll dominate
Tails we'll get dominated

Who knows which side it will land on.

You took my answer.

If there's anything I've learned over the past few years with this team: you just never know which one's going to show up.

Well, here's his chance to show what he can do. I wonder how much this game will mirror the rest of the season :thinking:

He didn't look horrible in preseason from what I remember. I also don't recall any meltdowns on his side after Pitts went down last Sunday. I know he's had plenty of critisism in the past, but from what I've seen he can be servicable. If he can manage to stay away from any future sausage parties I think he'll be fine.

Back