Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What if history repeats itself?

Please_Evolve

Waterboy
I was thinking today since everyone is so obssesed with the GB denver ties. How about the Carolina ties?

Dom Capers last year was 2001 and 2002 the Panthers start with a new well repsected headcoach in John Fox. Kubiak as well pretty well respected long tenured Assistant coach. The next year at #2 the Panthers select Julius Peppers A DE. A year removed from Capers the Houston Texans draft #2 DE Mario Williams.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2002

Kind of the same feeling. they went MLB 3rd and we land a steal MLB in the second.

2003 eerily at the 8 spot Carolina Panthers select Jordan Gross T out of Utah. Second round they take C Bruce Nelson C from Iowa.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2003

I wouldn't mind following that example this year a 8 taking Levi Brown at LT at the 8 and hoping that Kalil drops to us in the second round. I've been wondering I know late first and early second will need help on the OL but looking to the later part of the first round and early second on those teams...who needs a center?

25 Jets- drafted Mangold last year
26 Eagles - If i remember right Jamaal Jackson has solidified that spot.
27. Saints - Jeff Faine is a good Center
28. Patriots - Dan Koppen is solid
29. Baltimore - Flynn is a 10 year starter but i don't think a glaring need
30. San Diego - Hardwick is a great center and young
31. Chicago - Olin Kreutz has that position easily one of the betters ones in the business.
32. Colts - Saturday is one of the better ones in the business too anda nine year vet isn't too bad.

Bottom of the draft looks reasonable at least I dunno if Kalil could go to a team before that. Start of the second round could be tricky.

33. Jake Grove is a good starter the I suspect they need more help at the guards and LT spot. Blaylock could go here?
34. Lions - Not sure about Raiola here but 8 year vet and i am assuming they take Joe Thomas 1st. Are they going to furhter the line there or go skill set?
35. Tampa - Wade is a ten year vet but didn't they release Kenyatta Walker?unless they have a good back up they could go LT..Staley? Ugoh?
36. Browns - They made the trade for Fraley and LeCharles Bently is on the mend.
37. Jets - Mangold Again
38 Arizona - Leckey is a four year starter here it looks like... Not sure if they'll be looking center here but i suppose it is a possibility
39. Houston - If Kalil is still here i am hoping we teleport to the podium with another second round steal that solidifies our line.

And in a roundabout way fits with the Carolina tie going LT then Center in the second round. Shortly after they made their way to the superbowl with some good drafts and smart FA moves.

Just food for thought.

Good post but I just dont think we will draft a LT at 8, it will either be Quinn or Landry. I like both , I do hope that Kalil is in fact there for us in the second round bc that would be a huge ancor for our line for the next 10yrs. Good Post once again

I hope we do consider Kalil if he falls that far...

But he's not going to "solidify" anything...

I hope we do consider Kalil if he falls that far...

But he's not going to "solidify" anything...

Would you care to elaborate? A center along with the QB makes most of the line adjustments. He has to be the QB of the line and know who to pick up the middle. Considering our division where we'll face Mathis and Freeny and whomever comes up the middle from Indi. Henderson and crew in JacksonVille. Vandenbosch and we'll see if Haynesworth is retained by the titans. Next year we'll also see the NFC south and some stacked Dlines there.

Unless you feel secure that McKinney can get the job done...

Just food for thought.

I've been saying that I don't think Kalil falls to us because he's just too good. But I started looking at this same thing this morning and I started getting a better feeling. I think you're right. I think there's a pretty good possibility that we have a chance to get Kalil and I would not mind that at all.

Yeah, normally the best rated player at any given position besides K/P falls that far in the draft

Also the one thing we cant predict is who will trade up to get players they want. Like the Pats did last year to get Chad Jackson

Kalil is rated highly on everyones board.

I was thinking today since everyone is so obssesed with the GB denver ties. How about the Carolina ties?

Dom Capers last year was 2001 and 2002 the Panthers start with a new well repsected headcoach in John Fox. Kubiak as well pretty well respected long tenured Assistant coach. The next year at #2 the Panthers select Julius Peppers A DE. A year removed from Capers the Houston Texans draft #2 DE Mario Williams.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2002

Kind of the same feeling. they went MLB 3rd and we land a steal MLB in the second.

2003 eerily at the 8 spot Carolina Panthers select Jordan Gross T out of Utah. Second round they take C Bruce Nelson C from Iowa.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/years/2003

I wouldn't mind following that example this year a 8 taking Levi Brown at LT at the 8 and hoping that Kalil drops to us in the second round. I've been wondering I know late first and early second will need help on the OL but looking to the later part of the first round and early second on those teams...who needs a center?

25 Jets- drafted Mangold last year
26 Eagles - If i remember right Jamaal Jackson has solidified that spot.
27. Saints - Jeff Faine is a good Center
28. Patriots - Dan Koppen is solid
29. Baltimore - Flynn is a 10 year starter but i don't think a glaring need
30. San Diego - Hardwick is a great center and young
31. Chicago - Olin Kreutz has that position easily one of the betters ones in the business.
32. Colts - Saturday is one of the better ones in the business too anda nine year vet isn't too bad.

Bottom of the draft looks reasonable at least I dunno if Kalil could go to a team before that. Start of the second round could be tricky.

33. Jake Grove is a good starter the I suspect they need more help at the guards and LT spot. Blaylock could go here?
34. Lions - Not sure about Raiola here but 8 year vet and i am assuming they take Joe Thomas 1st. Are they going to furhter the line there or go skill set?
35. Tampa - Wade is a ten year vet but didn't they release Kenyatta Walker?unless they have a good back up they could go LT..Staley? Ugoh?
36. Browns - They made the trade for Fraley and LeCharles Bently is on the mend.
37. Jets - Mangold Again
38 Arizona - Leckey is a four year starter here it looks like... Not sure if they'll be looking center here but i suppose it is a possibility
39. Houston - If Kalil is still here i am hoping we teleport to the podium with another second round steal that solidifies our line.

And in a roundabout way fits with the Carolina tie going LT then Center in the second round. Shortly after they made their way to the superbowl with some good drafts and smart FA moves.

Just food for thought.

I thought I heard somewhere (don't know where) that Bently may have to retire due to the nature of his injury. Maybe someone else has some info on this and can bring some light on the situation.

Other than that, I sure hope you're right that Kalil is there when we pick at #39, and I sure hope the Texans pick him if he is. That would be nice! :yahoo:

Back