Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What I liked about our game

El Tejano

Hall of Fame
1. Alot of us were on this board last Tuesday saying we hope Wade Phillips took a page out of the ATL defense's book because they were able to disguise their defenses by moving players around. Phillips said to hell with that and lined up our guys man to man and forced Manning to beat us with his arm. Something we never did before.

2. Matt Schaub showed his leadership yesterday. For the first time I'm seeing Schaub be a real leader, or at least the leader the rest of the team says he is.

3. DBs could've picked Manning off like 5 times. There are some who are saying JJo had a bad game, I saw a DB who pretty much shut down his side of the field the whole game.

4. JJ Watt hasn't become a monster. He's now The Monster!!!! I think I saw 3 sacks today and numerous tackles.

5. Foster looked like himself again.

6. I like how the OL came back and played a decent game after giving up the safety.

7. LBs out classed their opponents. Cushing was pretty awesome.

8. Glover Quin had a really good game.

9. LeStar Jean made a clutch catch for us that helped seal this game.

10. Andre Johnson could've had two TDs and one would've just been another on the highlight film if he doesn't drop it. However, he came back and made the clutch catch in the 4th quarter to get us the 1st down.

1. Alot of us were on this board last Tuesday saying we hope Wade Phillips took a page out of the ATL defense's book because they were able to disguise their defenses by moving players around. Phillips said to hell with that and lined up our guys man to man and forced Manning to beat us with his arm. Something we never did before.

2. Matt Schaub showed his leadership yesterday. For the first time I'm seeing Schaub be a real leader, or at least the leader the rest of the team says he is.

3. DBs could've picked Manning off like 5 times. There are some who are saying JJo had a bad game, I saw a DB who pretty much shut down his side of the field the whole game.

4. JJ Watt hasn't become a monster. He's now The Monster!!!! I think I saw 3 sacks today and numerous tackles.

6. I like how the OL came back and played a decent game after giving up the safety.

10. Andre Johnson could've had two TDs and one would've just been another on the highlight film if he doesn't drop it. However, he came back and made the clutch catch in the 4th quarter to get us the 1st down.

I just want to respond to the AJ "drop". That was not a drop as much as it was a punch out by Champ Bailys magical foot.

I really liked how Schaub got the whole offense involved. He really spread the ball around, we looked very well balanced.

And as for point 1, I was surprised and impressed with that also. That is the least audibling (is that a word, I think not) that I have seen Manning do.

i think this is a very big one. denver got all of the breaks and bounces, but we still won handily. we turned the ball over twice while driving for a score, and missed on several turnover opportunities. they also got the tipped ball in the endzone, the (non) pass interference, and several other opportunities that werent earned. any one of those changes and this game is a blowout instead of a somewhat worrying comeback attempt.

i think this is a very big one. denver got all of the breaks and bounces, but we still won handily. we turned the ball over twice while driving for a score, and missed on several turnover opportunities. they also got the tipped ball in the endzone, the (non) pass interference, and several other opportunities that werent earned. any one of those changes and this game is a blowout instead of a somewhat worrying comeback attempt.

MSR.

2 Firsts at my house, my had me turn on the post game show. She read the Sports section of the paper first.

I saw Phillips crashing the left side of the line, forcing Manning to his right.

I also saw more press coverage by our CBs than I have ever seen; many many times they were all the way up on the WRs and Manning did NOT like seeing that from us.

From what I saw, Phillips actually employed some of what the Falcons were doing to Manning. In fact, Manning had equal success in the latter part of the game with us as he did with the Falcons...lost by 6 points to both teams. So I think it was perhaps a good comparable game plan to what the Falcons did.

Manning made some nice throws to the right side of the field, contrary to what I expected.

Also, nobody is talking about all the dropped passes by #88 Thomas...I mean, look, we cannot say that we never had lucky things happen to us. He dropped around 3 or 4 passes that would have moved the chains or maybe even worse. He flubbed an out pattern at the goal line that cost them a TD too.

I saw Phillips crashing the left side of the line, forcing Manning to his right.

I also saw more press coverage by our CBs than I have ever seen; many many times they were all the way up on the WRs and Manning did NOT like seeing that from us.

From what I saw, Phillips actually employed some of what the Falcons were doing to Manning. In fact, Manning had equal success in the latter part of the game with us as he did with the Falcons...lost by 6 points to both teams. So I think it was perhaps a good comparable game plan to what the Falcons did.

Manning made some nice throws to the right side of the field, contrary to what I expected.

Also, nobody is talking about all the dropped passes by #88 Thomas...I mean, look, we cannot say that we never had lucky things happen to us. He dropped around 3 or 4 passes that would have moved the chains or maybe even worse. He flubbed an out pattern at the goal line that cost them a TD too.

Can you blame Demaryius? Johnathan Joseph got in his head from the get-go.

I also noticed that Manning was staring down his receiver. It was blatantly obvious from my living room.

The only real issue I have is with #2. Was anybody here alive in 2010 when Schaub made all those comebacks the defense kept blowing? Schaub has been that leader you say you saw for the first time yesterday, for quite a while now.

The only real issue I have is with #2. Was anybody here alive in 2010 when Schaub made all those comebacks the defense kept blowing? Schaub has been that leader you say you saw for the first time yesterday, for quite a while now.

I agree. Schaubie is a leader. He just looks like a dufus. :)

I also noticed that Manning was staring down his receiver. It was blatantly obvious from my living room.
Then how about stepping up and intercepting one or two for us?lol

I think KJ's better play forced Peyton to throw more to Joseph's side. What the best news is we can still correct things and get better on both side of LOS.

Am I being over-confident here or am I right in believing that Kubiak called off the dogs pretty damn early in this one, like he doesn't want to run up the score on a possible playoff opponent and give them the opportunity to bear a grudge?

It just seems that we've refused to go more that 3 scores up so far this season, I get that we don't want to show our hand and everything, but it just leaves me a little unsure of just how good we could be. I'm not scared of any other team in the league right now, sure I can see us losing a couple of games, but I really am drinking the kool-aid and believing that we have the best team in the league right now.

I think we beat the Falcons if we play them. I honestly do. I see problems with all the other AFC teams, I think the Bronco's will be in the playoffs and not just to make up the numbers either, they are a good team and we were oh so close to making them look silly.

Houston+Texans+v+Denver+Broncos+TAnzXzw7Ixzl.jpg

I like that they still have room to improve on offense and defenses won't know what to expect from Keshawn and LeStar until they hit them. 3-0 and can still grow in dominating a game from start to finish.

I like that they still have room to improve on offense and defenses won't know what to expect from Keshawn and LeStar until they hit them. 3-0 and can still grow in dominating a game from start to finish.

Exactly. This was a six-point game on the scoreboard but a blowout in reality. The Texans dictated the pace of the game, controlled the lines of scrimmage, and basically had this W in hand throughout, yet because of multiple dropped balls that should've been INTs and TDsand a lucky deflection TD for the Donkeys, a small window of opportunity opened for Peyton Manning to pull out another Rosencopter miracle finish. It didn't happen, wasn't meant to be, because this team is different. This team has adopted the mentality of a winner IMO and it's building on itself.

The Texans are an indisputably talented football team and have been for the past couple seasons, but what differentiates this team from their predecessors is a sharp mental edge that overcomes costly mistakes. They are still leaving plays out on the field, but they leave the field winners instead of losers.

I'm thoroughly impressed.

Despite the thin air, our players were definitely not huffing and puffing, even at the end when Peyton was marching along too long.........although I do remember seeing that from the Broncos, even during the 1st half. Our players seem to have come into the game with commendable aerobic conditioning.

Back