Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What do you want to see out of Carr this weekend?

What do you want to see out of Carr?

• Win:Yet old habits...look at #1, dumpoff

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Lose:yet making right reads,spreads the ball around

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Doesn't matter want Carr gone

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • None of the above

Votes: 46 59.7%

• Total voters
None of the above... I want to see him getting more confident. If you can believe Kubiak, Carr has the talent to be a good QB once he gets past all the sacks from previous years.

What I WANT to see is confidence in the pocket. Win or lose I want to see him step up into pressure and deliver the ball.

300 yards passing would be great, but I look for it to be more in the 200yrd with 2td 1int range.

I meant to add another option

mods.. can you add Win:Carr makes the right reads and spreads the ball

I voted other because I want a win, but I want Carr to manage the game, which is what I think Kubiak wants Carr to do. I don't consider Carr a playmaker. I consider AJ, Moulds, DD (when healthy); they are playmakers. Carr just needs to get them the ball and step back and watch.

This isnt a very good poll. Why would anyone want to see him lose (although I am an Eagles fan). I think you mean "What do you expect from him"

well I am not wanting us to lose, but the Texans go as Carr goes..

with every Carr debate you have the ones that think he stinks no matter what..

What happens to get their point of cross is :
1)Texans win yet they point to Carrs tendencies and that we won because of someone else.
2) Texans lose: they say Carr didnt' do enough.

South Texan said:
None of the above... I want to see him getting more confident. If you can believe Kubiak, Carr has the talent to be a good QB once he gets past all the sacks from previous years.
i also want to see confidence from Carr. i don't want to see him with happy feet, jumping around in the pocket. it may take a while as he's got to get some faith in his line that he will get time to look at more than 1 option before running for his life

bigTEXan8 said:
I voted other because I want a win, but I want Carr to manage the game, which is what I think Kubiak wants Carr to do.

Totally agree with this,just MANAGE THE GAME. Don't try to do anything out of character and don't force anyhting.MANAGE THE GAME and let the pieces fall where they may.:redtowel:

ill take a win, regardless of how carr performs...however, what i want isnt listed as an option on the poll. i want carr to win by throwing to WR's down the field. i want carr to toss for at least 220 yds and 1 TD.

Those options don't just suck, they blow chunks.:thumbdown

Poise! I....want....to....see.... POISE! If I see that, everything else will fall into place.

Another...David.......Carr..........thread?

3271.gif

gpshafer_1976 said:
Another...David.......Carr..........thread?

3271.gif

...what bothers me is ALL the threads that are about the SAME thing, often within 2 or 3 spots in the order--either folks don't read or they don't comprehend...maybe there should be a prize for all new/original/pertinent threads with extra pts for not mentioning Carr/Bush?young:wild:

I also agree, that I voted for none of the above. I do want a win, but I want to see the David Carr that Kubiak expects. I want to see a confident QB, that is saying to himself that this is a whole different team with a whole new set of coaches, with him thinking "if they have faith in me, then I should put faith in them and do exactly what is asked of me. Nothing more, nothing less." I would also like to see him manage the game better. What I mean by this is that if the protection is to break down and he has to scramble, that he doesn't cause a turnover or just run out of bounds, (I.E. throw the ball away if there is nothing down the field.) I don't have to see a perfect QB, just an improved QB that is willing to give it his all and play SMART.

just my :twocents:

I guess I'm the only one that thinks I've already seen a different side of Carr. Yeah, he still doesn't look off very well. And Yeah, the dump off seems to come way too quickly, and yeah, he still seems to have happy feet. But he has also started to move the pocket much better than he ever has, and he is looking for the second receiver at least.

I want the Texans to thump the Eagles. And I honestly believe that is possible. The "D" looks so much better. Now they are an attacking Defense, not the "Rock back on your heels and wait" Defense from the last couple of years. The Defense seems to have found some of the Demon Speed that we have all been looking for. If they can keep McNabb off balance, contain Westbrook on the option, and stuff the run.....well, the mind boggles!!

I want a win and execution as well as progressing through his reads.

P.S.: Santa, please let him go:
22/30 250 yards 2 TD 0 INT 33 Rush 1 Sack and I'll be happy!!! :cool:

I voted other....... I want a win, but if we don't win, I don't believe it would be directly because Carr played badly. We've never lost like that, & I don't think we'll start now.

I'm as hard on Carr as the next guy, but I don't, and have never blamed our wins or loses on him.

Let me say, I think he's tough as nails. In the preseason, he's already showed(to me) that he isn't playing scared. I expect that to continue into the regular season. They can't hurt him, they've tried their best, and the kid just keeps on coming.

Only one thing has disappointed me in this preseason, and it's not something I've attributed to Carr in the past. He's thrown a pass that he should have known better in each of our three preseason games, I didn't see him playing TampaBay. I've seen him overthrow, I've seen him underthrow, I've seen him lead too much, or not enough...... but I haven't seen him throw into coverage like that.

Are we asking him to get rid of the ball too quick??

I just want to see him not do that anymore...... that is not the same as throwing it up and letting your reciever make a play. I wouldn't mind seeing that. But...........

I'm actually happy with the little dinks and dunks he did against Denver, that would be fine. I think it's up to Kubiak to target Moulds or AJ in some of those dinks & dunks though.

A few more shots down field........ I'd be happy.

I want to watch a Texans game, like the Minnesota of '04 game, which I flew from L.A. to see. Kinda like the Carr vs. St. L in the first half of '05.

That was one of the first times I can remember watching David Carr play quarterback where I didn't think of "Popke" from Necessary Roughness running behind the referree screaming "Blow the whistle, blow the whistle!"

Then again, could have been the bbq and beer that made me do that.... hmmm, beer. :homer:

I cannot believe those who want them to lose even if he plays well.. I would rather him play like crap and still get the W. Who the hell would want a LOSS !!
Sure, we would all want to see him drop 250 yds and 3 TD's but the fact is a I will take 150 yd, 1 TD and a W then 250 with 3 TD and a L...

Wanting a L is stupidity at it's best !!

Wolf said:
well I am not wanting us to lose, but the Texans go as Carr goes..

with every Carr debate you have the ones that think he stinks no matter what..

What happens to get their point of cross is :
1)Texans win yet they point to Carrs tendencies and that we won because of someone else.
2) Texans lose: they say Carr didnt' do enough.

there hobie..that was explained earlier

How about Carr throwing for 225 yards that include a couple 20 yards tosses to Moulds and Andre? Still waiting to see if David can hit players downfield with any consistancy.

WTF kind of poll is this. Whoever started it should be shot. I want a win dammitt and no not with a bunch of dump off passes. Gees.

I want a win and Carr to do well

Ditto. What kind of options are those in the poll? This is how the media takes polls to get the results they want. Gives a false result.

I want to se him get flustered by the Eagles D, get sacked, and throw interceptions. Maybe I don't, I am more worried about Sage than I am David.

I didn't vote on the poll for several reasons that I'm not going to list.

What I will say is that I hope Carr has a very good game for a couple of reasons. Reason #1, he is on my fantasy team and starting this weekend. Reason #2, I think he is a pretty good quarterback that has suffered behind a horrible offensive line. Give him a bit of protection and I'll bet he lights it up.

I wanna see that Carr has picked up the offense.
I want to see Carr calm down (He's like a humming bird in a shoe box)
I want to see smart decisions
I want to see a W

Back