Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

What cuts interest you?

Hottoddie

Veteran
http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=0

With all the players being cut as the day goes on, which ones would you like to see the Teaxans go after? Here's a few that intrigue me.

Rocky Boiman (LB)
Rob Petitti (OT)
Darius Watts (WR)
Ron Dayne (RB) - If he's healthy.
Reggie McNeal (QB/WR/KR)
Adrian McPherson (QB)
Skyler Green (WR/KR)
Charles Rogers (WR) -
Problems or not, you have to wonder what he might do in a different environment.
Omar Jacobs (QB)
Orien Harris (DT)
Kelly Butler (OT)
Chad Lavalais (DT)
Jerome Pathon (WR)

Who intrigues you?

If we were to claim Charles Rogers off waivers, then we pay his current salary, correct? That could hurt...

Lavalais's a pretty nice player.

DRAMA said:
If we were to claim Charles Rogers off waivers, then we pay his current salary, correct? That could hurt...

Lavalais's a pretty nice player.
I think Rogers will clear waivers because nobody is going to pay his current salary. Some good DT's in Orien Harris and Chad Lavalais on that list. The aggie in me would jump for joy is we saw Reggie McNeal in a Texans uni.

Hottoddie said:

With all the players being cut as the day goes on, which ones would you like to see the Teaxans go after? Here's a few that intrigue me.

Rocky Boiman (LB)
Rob Petitti (OT)
Darius Watts (WR)
Reggie McNeal (QB/WR/KR)
Adrian McPherson (QB)
Skyler Green (WR/KR)
Charles Rogers (WR) -
Problems or not, you have to wonder what he might do in a different environment.
Omar Jacobs (QB)
Orien Harris (DT)
Kelly Butler (OT)
Chad Lavalais (DT)
Jerome Pathon (WR)

Who intrigues you?
All of 'em, but Ron Dayne would be the most likely.

Hottoddie said:

Rocky Boiman (LB)
Rob Petitti (OT)
Darius Watts (WR)

Reggie McNeal (QB/WR/KR)
Adrian McPherson (QB)
Skyler Green (WR/KR)
Charles Rogers (WR) -
Omar Jacobs (QB)
Orien Harris (DT)
Kelly Butler (OT)
Chad Lavalais (DT)
Jerome Pathon (WR)

Who intrigues you?[/QUOTE

I would give any of these guys a chance.

GuerillaBlack said:
Why'd we cut Antowain Smith? Dumb move to me.
The choice kubiak had to make was between smith and chris taylor kubiak chose taylors youth and special teams play over smiths veteran leadership. Which is a really good choice in my book.. Taylor is going to get better and smith basicly has peaked. Tough decision to make though.

I think we should claim..

Omar Jacobs and Ron Dayne.....

I liked them both in college and I like them both now..if we picked them both up, i could like the Texans for a long time...

RB Najeh Davenport (Packers)

WR Tyrone Calico (Titans)

CB Charles Gordon (Vikings)

DT Chad Lavalais (Falcons)

LB Rocky Boiman (Cowboys)

QB Drew Olson (Ravens)

WR Reggie McNeal (Bengals)

RB Lee Suggs (Browns)

RB Moe Williams (Rams)

QB Omar Jacobs (Steelers)

OT Kelly Butler (Lions)

WR Charles Rogers (Lions)

Sadly, Dayne has been a work in progress his entire pro career - I was a Giants fan growing up, and I was very excited about the Dayne pick back in 2000. You all know how that turned out - the message boards in NY approached the ferver of the Carr discussion here in Houston. I just don't think Dayne is the "one cut and go" type of back that Kubes wants.

MacPherson(who I had as the second best QB in his class, behind Orlovsky), CRog(who still oozes of untapped potential) and Kelly Butler would be the guys I'd be interested in of this bunch.

mizike said:
RB Najeh Davenport (Packers)

WR Tyrone Calico (Titans)

CB Charles Gordon (Vikings)

DT Chad Lavalais (Falcons)

LB Rocky Boiman (Cowboys)

QB Drew Olson (Ravens)

WR Reggie McNeal (Bengals)

RB Lee Suggs (Browns)

RB Moe Williams (Rams)

QB Omar Jacobs (Steelers)

OT Kelly Butler (Lions)

WR Charles Rogers (Lions)

Moe Williams has roughly 1800 career rushing yards since 1997, don't think he is a solution to our running game question marks

Talented or not, Charles Rogers isn't worth the effort. He's an injury-prone malcontent who's one blunt away from a full year's suspension for drug use. He's Ricky Williams without the body or work ethic. Unless he was given a contract that protected Houston about 12 different ways for conduct problems, I hope this team stays away.

Let's face it...if he were really that great, they wouldn't have gone looking for Corey Bradford. :eek:

In addition to cutting Gaffney the eagles let a couple of very servicable db's go. The Texans should sign Matt Ware tonight,
From what I understand his college coach would limit his practice at times because he would hurt people. He's tough and can play CB and some safety, both positions where the texans need a little bench strength. And he's a decent ST player. I'm sure that was a tough cut for them.

Actually they cut 3 DB's that are decent but Ware was one of those guys you just felt like he was gonna be good, I'm a little disapointed that they let him go.

Make that 4 DB's I forgot about JR Reed who play safety and runs returns he would be a good pick up also, coming back from a major non football related njury but appeared to be back, Some one will take a shot on him.

EF55 said:
In addition to cutting Gaffney the eagles let a couple of very servicable db's go. The Texans should sign Matt Ware tonight,
From what I understand his college coach would limit his practice time because he would hurt people. He's tough and can play CB and some safety, both positions where the texans need a little bench strength. And he's a decent ST player. I'm sure that was a tough cut for them.

Actually they cut 3 DB's that are decent but Ware was one of those guys you just felt like he was gonna be good, I'm a little disapointed that they let him go.

Yeah, I have no doubt Ware will be picked up by somebody fairly soon. He isn't a bust by any means, I just chalked it up to there not being room for him on the roster.

From KFFL.com ...

Raiders | Starks released
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:00:58 -0700

Raiders.com reports the Oakland Raiders have released CB Duane Starks.

------------------------------------------------------

Any takers? ...

CoachJim said:
From KFFL.com ...

Raiders | Starks released
Sat, 2 Sep 2006 17:00:58 -0700

Raiders.com reports the Oakland Raiders have released CB Duane Starks.

------------------------------------------------------

Any takers? ...

After P-buc i am fairly dubious of Radiers DBs

I don't know anything about these players, but I'd really like to get some kind of DB, if he's good enough.

I'd love to see Gaffney come back (which is doubtful, considering we didn't sign him before). Najeh Davenport would be a great pickup and would help carry the load at RB. Also, maybe for the practice squad we can pick up Omar Jacobs (QB depth instead of Quinton Porter), Andre Hall, or Charles Gordon. Hall and Gordon were players that should have been drafted in the mid to late rounds who weren't drafted and I would love to see us give them a try even though it hasn't worked out for them so far.

Hottoddie said:

Rocky Boiman (LB)
Rob Petitti (OT)
Darius Watts (WR)
Reggie McNeal (QB/WR/KR)
Adrian McPherson (QB)
Skyler Green (WR/KR)
Charles Rogers (WR) -
Omar Jacobs (QB)
Orien Harris (DT)
Kelly Butler (OT)
Chad Lavalais (DT)
Jerome Pathon (WR)

Who intrigues you?

Darius Watts WR, Denver was supposedly high on him, not sure why he got dumped.

I know we don't want any Cowpatties trash. Boiman they signed for $1million signing bonus, Petitti couldn't stop his mother from rushing passer with a cement truck. Green only if you want kicks fielded inside the 5 yard line

dtran04 said:
Funny how Gaffney was cut from the Eagles too.

"I am glad to be on a team with a winning attitude, not like team I just left"...you mean the team that has 2 REAL WRs, Gaffney got what he deserved trash talking us, because he thought his cousin Lito Sheppard was going to make sure he made team...PSYCH:francis:

TexanFan881 said:
I'd love to see Gaffney come back (which is doubtful, considering we didn't sign him before). Najeh Davenport would be a great pickup and would help carry the load at RB. Also, maybe for the practice squad we can pick up Omar Jacobs (QB depth instead of Quinton Porter), Andre Hall, or Charles Gordon. Hall and Gordon were players that should have been drafted in the mid to late rounds who weren't drafted and I would love to see us give them a try even though it hasn't worked out for them so far.

After what he said of the Texans in the media when he was picked up by the Eagles......................you can put a fork in it.

dat_boy_yec said:
Any thoughts on Najeh Davenport? He was released by Green Bay.

Great back when healthy.............unfortunately healthy has nevver been a word describing him throughout his career:

Davenport had just missed his second straight day of practice after dropping out of Tuesday night's workout because of a strained hip flexor. The fifth-year running back also missed six practices earlier in camp with a calf injury.

Davenport started the Packers' first two exhibition games with Green still recovering from his ruptured quadriceps tendon and rushed for 41 yards in 17 attempts.

But his injury history is troubling, as he has never played a full 16-game season.

Davenport missed the final 11 weeks of last season after having two pins surgically inserted into the two bones just above his right ankle the day after the New Orleans game. As a rookie in 2002, he missed three weeks of training camp while recovering from foot surgery, two games with a pulled hamstring and the final six games with a fractured eye socket suffered at Minnesota. He also missed one game in 2003 with a wrist injury and five in 2004 with pulled hamstrings.

All told, he has played in 39 of 64 possible regular-season games

[For more on him]

Agreed. He wouldn't exactly need to be on the field much if he were signed by the Texans, who've settled on their #1 and #2, but I'm guessing there's a certain Texans assistant head coach who knows perfectly well whether Najeh's even worth bringing down for a look.... :spy:

Not worth it, IMO. If we wanted to keep a guy on the roster who may or may not ever be healthy, we could've kept #37.

I didn't know Matt Ware was cut. I really like the guy coming out of college, I really hope the Texans give him a good hard look considering the current state of our secondary.

One guy who can relate to Seth Wand's sudden departure:
===============================
From KFFL.com (edited for format)

Dolphins | Beasley still leading competition at fullback
Fri, 25 Aug 2006: Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins FB Fred Beasley continues to hold off FB Darian Barnes for the team's starting fullback spot.

Dolphins | Team terminates Beasley’s contract
Sat, 2 Sep 2006: MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins have terminated the contract of FB Fred Beasley.
================================

Not a bad player and a longtime vet, but I'm guessing based on the Luchey cut that the Texans will continue to expect Joppru to fill the FB role. Probably no role for him in Houston.

Side note: that means the Dolphins now have a total of 2 RBs and 1 FB on their roster. Wow.

Honoring Earl 34 said:
Robert McCune was cut by the Redskins . I think he was Super Genuis's pick in the 2nd round of the mock draft .:tease:

I've always liked McCune. I'd love to see the Texans give him a try as our backup MLB. He's a class act, served in the military, & is a physical specimen.

Carlos Hall also got cut.

DominickDavisFan76 said:
I think we should claim..

Omar Jacobs and Ron Dayne.....

I liked them both in college and I like them both now..if we picked them both up, i could like the Texans for a long time...

i take it youre not a texans fan?..

TexanExile said:
that means the Dolphins now have a total of 2 RBs and 1 FB on their roster. Wow.

I guess Antowain Smith's big run the other night wasn't all for nothing. I bet he's watching the phone and thinking "Miami ought to be calling me just about now...."

I would love to see Reggie McNeal (QB/WR/KR), because he can play multiple postions. The only reason he was cut is because of all the depth at the WR postion. Charles Gordan can also play multiple postions at WR/CB. I believe that both could give us that depth we need at WR/CB and contribute to our ST.

Id like to see Skyler Green with the texans. I think he could be a pretty good Kick Returner and an ok wide receiver.

How bout Gaffney. It is just interesting that he got cut. Not that I wanted him here. He was so down on the Texans. Looks like he was just not good.

Don't be too hard on Gaffney. Poor guy seemed to have the bounciest shoulder pads in the league. Must've been the equipment. :heh:

I see Rod "He Hate Me" Smart got cut by the Raiders. Got some KR skills, he does, but there's probably better choices.

Back