Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

what chiefs fans are thinking about their D

I was checking out the chiefswarrom message board and found this post and would like to share it with you guys,and as we all know it might happen if he can hold onto the ball.

(Anybody wanna make a bet?

Posted By: Russter
Date: 9/19/2004 5:45 p.m.

I bet that Domanick Davis has a break out, career day next week.

Any takers? )That address is chiefs warroom you can read posts for free but it cost to post messages :read:

Something else that make me believe we can beat the Chiefs is Carolina's D is not that great and they held Priest holme to only 66 yds rushing and 16yds on passing,I still believe we can be 1-2 :party: :party:

This also came from the warroom message board

(There's no way around it...Our D is even WORSE this year!

Posted By: ReekRichards
Date: 9/19/2004 3:15 p.m.

The problem IS the players. Let the GR vs. Gun arguments. I think Gun is a lot easier to like, but let's face it GR had these same guys doing a lot more this time last year)

brickmantexanfan said:
Something else that make me believe we can beat the Chiefs is Carolina's D is not that great and they held Priest holme to only 66 yds rushing and 16yds on passing,I still believe we can be 1-2 :party: :party:

Carolina has the best D-line in the game. Just because they shut down Priest, dont assume our defense can do the same.

427BAF3FEA064B1282BF7E29E402F1A5.GIF

I'm sure the Cheifs fans are thinking the same thing we are about our D. And that is will the players step up and stop the other team from scoring.

basically clean up the turnovers and we are playing pretty well. I feel like as soon they stop giving the ball up the numbers are going to explode.

I think the difference between our defense and Kansas Cities is that alot of our players getting beat are first round rookies who are learning and will be stars in the league, while KC is stuck with the same players from last year that couldn't get it done.

Robaire Smith, Walker, Sharper, Babin, Glenn, Coleman, Robinson are all more talented than any defensive starter in Kansas City. Sims is the only player on their defense that i would take for us.

Our 3rd down % on defense is at a whopping 57% - DEAD LAST in the league. I am tired of seeing teams convert on 3rd and long.

JackDizzle said:
Our 3rd down % on defense is at a whopping 57% - DEAD LAST in the league. I am tired of seeing teams convert on 3rd and long.

Every team has to make adjustments during the season,the coaching staff is aware of the 3rd down ratio and will make adjustments,this week will show some improvements on that issue i am sure but not sure 1 week can cover the turnover issue

Stop the turnovers and stop the other team on third down when it counts and we can beat ANYONE we face this year, period. I don't want to wait till mid season for these guys to learn from their mistakes. Take these first two as a reality check and move on to 14 - 2!! :headbang:

Txn_in_VA said:
Kinda makes ya sick to see negative 6 for turnovers. Without those we are
2-0. :wacko:

For some stupid reason, most of the people here don't seem to understand that. :shrug:

Instead they all want to focus on "conservative coaching philosophy'. :crazy:

There has been only one team, in the last two weeks combined, that has managed to win the game despite being upside down on turnovers. And that team (surprise surprise) just happens to be the New England Patriots.

So, I guess, besides the fact that the team is beating itself, people are upset that the Texans are not yet strong enough to overcome all those turnovers. Well, they're gonna have to just deal with it. Because after only three years in the league, that is a totally unrealistic expectation.

So true. For some reason people don't get it that turnovers are the single MOST important item in the game. Lose that battle and you lose the game in almost every instance. An easy example is in our first year we beat the Steelers with only 47 yards of offense, but won the turn over battle (the Defense played GREAT). I don't think you can over emphasis how important the turnover thing is.

I've been a Houston football fan since the Oilers played in Rice Stadium. My football heroes (except Johnny U, Joe Nameth, and Jim Brown) come from the ranks of Bud’s boy’s as well as all of my game-day and playoff disappointments.

The Texans are coming together as a team. Until then learn each other and relearn the game together, they will make mistakes.

This season they should jell as a team. Next season they sound perform as a contending professional football machine. Patience and support from us, the fans, are what Texans need now.

Let um jell and we’ll get Super Bowl Jam!!!

rittenhouserobz said:
The redskins have to be close to #32 in the league. They had -7 this week.

But in week one they had I think 2 turnovers in their favor.....a fumble ran back for a TD and an INT.

Back