Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Welcome to the Big Apple

ILuvTheGiants

Practice Squad
Well I was going to come here and talk a little Smack but after reading all your posts All I am going to say is Good Luck and hopefully we have a good game. If you come to NY and we play "soft" I hope your team takes care of business. Sometimes our heads get too big.

Jason

Well I was going to come here and talk a little Smack but after reading all your posts All I am going to say is Good Luck and hopefully we have a good game. If you come to NY and we play "soft" I hope your team takes care of business. Sometimes our heads get too big.

Jason

Well TY and good luck. I think we all concede that NY should win this game. I just hope we play competetive and injury free. By the way y'all better beat them Cowgirls again and don't let them win the Division.

We seem to play a lot tougher in games where we are way overmatched.....but we still lose.

I think that the Texans will play well enough that we'll feel like we got a moral victory, but that's about it.

Hey, welcome to Texas, if only via internet. I just hope we can give you a decent game. Give us a holler if you ever come this way! FYI, Texans have NOT FORGOTTEN what you folks went through in 2001.

Well TY and good luck. I think we all concede that NY should win this game. I just hope we play competetive and injury free. By the way y'all better beat them Cowgirls again and don't let them win the Division.

Quoted for sincerity!:redtowel:

Welcome to our friendly little website !
I have a question for our Big Apple visitors. Now that we are roughly at the midpoint of the season and we've all had a chance to watch the 2006 rookie
class play some games, what's your opinion of the Texans' decision to
draft Mario Williams with the top overall pick and pass other top players like
Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Matt Leinert, D'Brick Ferguson, etc. ?

Welcome to our friendly little website !
I have a question for our Big Apple visitors. Now that we are roughly at the midpoint of the season and we've all had a chance to watch the 2006 rookie
class play some games, what's your opinion of the Texans' decision to
draft Mario Williams with the top overall pick and pass other top players like
Reggie Bush, Vince Young, Matt Leinert, D'Brick Ferguson, etc. ?

Did you seriously just ask that? :yikes:

Jason

Welcome to the board! :howdy:

Guess talking smack to a bunch of fans already talking smack about their own team takes the fun out of it, 'eh? ;)

Hope we see a good game on Sunday. It would be a miracle if the Texans could pull a win. Hope you're team continues to take care of business, especially as it relates to the Cowpokes.

Jason

Welcome to Houston amigo. We have been talking enough smack about our own team, you couldn't touch any new ground in that department. As was said earlier in the thread: "Here's to a good, injury free game". If the same Texan team shows up in New York that played the Jags earlier this year, Watch Out! Because it WILL BE ON!!!! Thanks for the friendly post.....Good Luck. :redtowel:

Any given Sunday any team could win. But this should be an easy win for the Giants. We've been destroyed by NFC East teams so far and I see no reason for that to change. I just hope we come out of this game injury free.

Any given Sunday any team could win. But this should be an easy win for the Giants. We've been destroyed by NFC East teams so far and I see no reason for that to change. I just hope we come out of this game injury free.
Going to be a tough game for Houston.

They need to keep the Giants out of their backfield somehow, and find some way to slow down that run and make Eli pass. Eli still has troubles with consistant accuracy and turnovers. You guys also need to find a way to chop down that 6'5" tree they call Plaxico Burress. Toomer is still hard to defend but you can limit your losses if you attack Burress. Jacobs, well just stack a bulldozer over the center and hope it can slow him down so the rest of your defense can get to him.

The only thing I am unsure about with this game is whether or not Strahan plans on dipping Carr in hot sauce before eating him alive.

Giants by alot.

Eli still has troubles with consistant accuracy and turnovers.

Eli is having his best season yet and is improving each week. He was a little off last week but the wind up there was crazy. Peyton would have had a hard time completing passes at Giants Stadium last week.

Hey, welcome to Texas, if only via internet. I just hope we can give you a decent game. Give us a holler if you ever come this way! FYI, Texans have NOT FORGOTTEN what you folks went through in 2001.

Hey Meloy thanks for not forgetting. Being from NY it is something I will always live with but on the subject of football.

Someone brought up a question about how other fans feel about the signing of Mario Williams. Honestly I don't get to watch many Texan Games and unfortunately The Texans don't play on Monday night. So my answer is I have no idea. Mathias Kiwanuka is going to be Great. Even Michael Strahan thinks he will be better then himself. So in retrospect and for whatever its worth maybe getting bush or a QB or even D'Brick Ferguson may have worked out better and then tried for Mathias as well. He was drafted 32.

I am actually a little nervous about Sunday, Is Tiki going to have a big day? Yes I mean he is the #1 rusher in the NFL.

Is Eli going to throw accurate passes? Who knows? You asked me if I thought Mario Williams was a good pick? I ask you was Eli? Alot of fans here like Ben Rotheslberger and we wouldn't of had to sacrifice as much to get him.

Our Secondary is not good. Tampay bay had a lot of dropped balls and the game against the cowboys TO was wide open on 4th down and dropped one right in his hands which I believe was a huge momentum turner. Our secondary has a way of making QB's look like Johnny Unitas

Boy is this a long post. Anyway, I hope the Giants are in practice thinking about playing the Houston Texans and not about the Chicago Bears.

Well you'll get a chance to see Mario this weekend. Hopefully he suficiently impresses you. As for Mathias, I don't know too much about him either. I
kinda remember him from the North-South all star game, but not sure ?
One thing about Eli, he's obviously far smarter than Big Ben since he doesn't
right around on a motorcycle. And certainly not without a helmet.

Well you'll get a chance to see Mario this weekend. Hopefully he suficiently impresses you. As for Mathias, I don't know too much about him either. I
kinda remember him from the North-South all star game, but not sure ?
One thing about Eli, he's obviously far smarter than Big Ben since he doesn't
right around on a motorcycle. And certainly not without a helmet.
Well Mathias is starting on Sunday so lets meet back here after the game and see which rookie plays better

Jason
I was on the NY Giants MB 'till I lost my password. What's your username?

Personally the sickest part of the game to me is the Giants running game. It is just so sweet in a year where a number of teams have had problems running.

Unlike against JAX and TN, the passing game for the Giants is not a weak sister of the nice running game. I worry about our run defense a ton, especially if the Texans offense can't work on the road.

This helps their time of possession be low on defense. Strahan needs a half sack to have the overall Giants sack record. Not bad for a DE who started his career as slowly as he did.

More thoughts on this here in the Texans FanBlog: "Texans fans, don't read the sports page while eating breakfast"

Fundamental football--time of possession, field position, penalties, poise.

I wanna see how our run D does vs barber...If we win this game which I really beleive we can but we'd have to play MISTAKE free and not give the ball to Ron dayne....Giants 27 Texans 10

Alot of fans here like Ben Rotheslberger and we wouldn't of had to sacrifice as much to get him.

The Giants are my "other" team as I used to live in NY. I post on the Giants board also and the anti-Eli garbage by some fans is ridiculous. Though it is getting less as he is starting to prove himself. True, the Giants wouldn't have had to give up as much for Big Ben but Eli is going to be the better QB. In 5 years I think most Giants fans will be happy that the Gmen took Eli.

BTW, what's up with the Rangers? I know it's early but they are really p*ssing me off. I really thought they would keep building on last season however it looks like they forgot how to play Renney's system.

Hi guys, I'm another Giants fan. I figured, I won't start any more threads because you've had a few. Anyway, good luck this game. I hope no Giants fan takes this game for granted. David Carr has been completing an enormous percentage of his passes and that scares me. Although maybe his stats have gone down but wasn't it at 70%+ at some point this season? I have to admire Texans fans the Texans have struggled some since coming into this season and you guys have stuck with them. Plus you guys hate the Cowboys as much as Giants fans do.

P.S. With all that said, I know it's partially joking, but you guys need to stop steriotyping New Yorkers like all being loud mouthed rude jerks. Have you guys that think that all New Yorkers are jerks been to New York or just go about what you hear on TV? Besides it's not like we're Eagles fans. ;)

P.S. With all that said, I know it's partially joking, but you guys need to stop steriotyping New Yorkers like all being loud mouthed rude jerks. Have you guys that think that all New Yorkers are jerks been to New York or just go about what you hear on TV? Besides it's not like we're Eagles fans. ;)

It's funny you say that because that is the concept down here. I always thought that too until I moved there. I really grew to really like the people up there. I was still in High School and remember the kids in NY were more real. Not as many cliques, popularity contests, and other issues that were common in schools I attended in Texas. Texans are known for being friendly but I remember when kids from the northeast would move down here, the Texas kids would give them a hard time calling them "yankee", etc. When I moved to New York I was expecting the same or worse treatment. I was shocked that the kids were real cool to me and were fascinated that I was from Texas. I immediately became popular in school and all the kids called me "Tex".

New Yorkers for the most part are cool and easy to get along with once you learn their sense of humor and ways. The difference between a New Yorker and a Texan is a New Yorker will tell you to your face what he thinks of you. A Texan will smile at you, be polite then curse you behind your back if he doesn't care for you. I like the fact that you always know where you stand with people up there.

When you say loudmouth jerks I think of Philly and Eagle fan. I lived there too. Philly fans are just aholes. That's why I hate the Eagles and Flyers.

New Englanders on the other hand ....

When you say loudmouth jerks I think of Philly and Eagle fan. I lived there too. Philly fans are just aholes. That's why I hate the Eagles and Flyers.

Lol...I am a Texan fan living in NJ. And I also grew up in South Jersey. I wholeheartedly agree with the comment on Philly fans.

Here's to a good, injury free game. I don't hate the Gints, but I would love to see my Texans have a good showing and yes a win even. I am optomistic each week, but this week its going to be a climb up Mt. Everest.

Who's going to try and block Strahan on Sunday?

We could mummify Salaam with duct tape and give him a go.

I bet Carr doesnt sleep all week...

Good Luck NY fans, I as well hope for an injury free game.

It's funny you say that because that is the concept down here. I always thought that too until I moved there. I really grew to really like the people up there. I was still in High School and remember the kids in NY were more real. Not as many cliques, popularity contests, and other issues that were common in schools I attended in Texas. Texans are known for being friendly but I remember when kids from the northeast would move down here, the Texas kids would give them a hard time calling them "yankee", etc. When I moved to New York I was expecting the same or worse treatment. I was shocked that the kids were real cool to me and were fascinated that I was from Texas. I immediately became popular in school and all the kids called me "Tex".

New Yorkers for the most part are cool and easy to get along with once you learn their sense of humor and ways. The difference between a New Yorker and a Texan is a New Yorker will tell you to your face what he thinks of you. A Texan will smile at you, be polite then curse you behind your back if he doesn't care for you. I like the fact that you always know where you stand with people up there.

Cool thanks. That's the thing people here make comments about being shocked that New Yorkers are friendly, yet I bet a lot of them haven't even been there and just go by steriotypes they hear on TV. Then again Giants fans steriotype people from Texas, but they save that for the Cowboys fans. lol

Based on my visit to Manhatten, I have nothing but rave reviews about NYC.
My wife and I were treated very courteously and we didn't have a single negative incident while we were there.
Also, on another trip but in upstate NY, we discovered that the state has other attractions in addition to the Big Apple. IMO, the Adirondacks compare favorably to the beautiful mountain country of Vermonst and NH. Wow, I bet
the Fall leaves up are truely spectacular !

Based on my visit to Manhatten, I have nothing but rave reviews about NYC.
My wife and I were treated very courteously and we didn't have a single negative incident while we were there.
Also, on another trip but in upstate NY, we discovered that the state has other attractions in addition to the Big Apple. IMO, the Adirondacks compare favorably to the beautiful mountain country of Vermonst and NH. Wow, I bet
the Fall leaves up are truely spectacular !

NY state is beautiful in the fall, and then winter hits, lol. :penguin:

Hope the Texans win, or at least give some good competition to the Giants. Never been a big fan of Eli since he pulled his little draft day tantrum, that is neither here nor there. Mostly everyone I have ever met up here has been nice. It's a little strange at times in this part of the state, but I blame that on the close proximity of Canada.

Back