Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 3 Battle Red Gameday Thread: Jags @ Texans

3 if u count capers even though he was a head coach but he pretty much ran the D..

Dom Capers...richard smith....Frank Bush.....

I think i know where i fall on the "talent vs. scheme" debate...

Excluded Dom because of HC title

Aaaah...
I remember this argument well.
Is it lack of talent or a failure of the scheme that is our issue on defense?

I really think it's the players.

Who is our best player in the secondary? Dunta, hands down whether people like him or not. Yet Dunta I feel would be a #2 CB on most GOOD NFL teams. All these other guys are backup players starting imo. Their resume says so as well.

Our defense is really bad right now. We'll be lucky to win games at this pace, it's odd because our defense so far has been WORSE. RBs are having Career days on them now. MJD just tied his Career high for TDs and Chris Johnson...sigh.

I really think it's the players.

Who is our best player in the secondary? Dunta, hands down whether people like him or not. Yet Dunta I feel would be a #2 CB on most GOOD NFL teams. All these other guys are backup players starting imo. Their resume says so as well.

Our defense is really bad right now. We'll be lucky to win games at this pace, it's odd because our defense so far has been WORSE. RBs are having Career days on them now. MJD just tied his Career high for TDs and Chris Johnson...sigh.

How does a defense get worse after supposedly adding all of this "talent" through the draft?

:pop:Really they were getting away with murder on Mario this game...We lose...31-24, thank u refs!! OFFENSIVE PI? Really? What about the Defensive PI the play after on DA? Must be Jags fans....BREAKING NEWSSSSSSS! OUR secondary SUCKS!!...Learn how to tackle Dunta!

The season is still alive...look at the Titans, if this team can find a way to get lucky with turnovers, then our great O can shine....optimism

:pop:Really they were getting away with murder on Mario this game...We lose...31-24, thank u refs!! OFFENSIVE PI? Really? What about the Defensive PI the play after on DA? Must be Jags fans....BREAKING NEWSSSSSSS! OUR secondary SUCKS!!...Learn how to tackle Dunta!

The season is still alive...look at the Titans, if this team can find a way to get lucky with turnovers, then our great O can shine....optimism

Im all out of optimism

How does a defense get worse after supposedly adding all of this "talent" through the draft?

I don't know. But our defense this year is laughable. When every time we play someone has a career day there are a lot of problems that need to be fixed there.

Also the only talent I see is Cushing. Barwin still hasn't proved nothing yet. Okoye hasn't. Barwin gets a pass though...Okoye...well we know who the playmakers on this defense are. The secondary I just look at it and the guys there and wonder how the Texans expect to stop anyone with those guys. Bennet and Reeves are solid players, so is Wilson and Busing, but I think they'd be backups at best on a good playoff team. These guys are starting here.

in my opinion its clear to see that the Defense scheme and therefore the coaches that are at fault. The big run that MJD broke was the same kind of running play that C. Johnson, Washington, and Peterson broke on the defense. And if it had not been for the ref MJD would have broke that run for one that would have looked identical to the C, Johnson 91 yard td run from last week. The Defense continues to make the same mistakes and poor attempts of tackling. This defense sucks!!!!!!!! Dont get me wrong I think C. Barwin will be a hell of a player. Now that that has been said i think it was a mistake to draft a DE in the 2nd rnd they had already signed A. Smith. They should have drafted a big DT. Why not, because they were depending on T. Johnson, that worked out well. This mistake is similar to a few years ago when they did not draft or sign a big time RB because they were depending on D. Williams. What happened he never came back from injury and they plugged mediocre players in the position. To me it seems that this style of attacking defense rely s on having every defensive player have sound technique and not miss tackles. I think they are asking to much of what was already a mediocre at best defense.

in my opinion its clear to see that the Defense scheme and therefore the coaches that are at fault. The big run that MJD broke was the same kind of running play that C. Johnson, Washington, and Peterson broke on the defense. And if it had not been for the ref MJD would have broke that run for one that would have looked identical to the C, Johnson 91 yard td run from last week. The Defense continues to make the same mistakes and poor attempts of tackling. This defense sucks!!!!!!!! Dont get me wrong I think C. Barwin will be a hell of a player. Now that that has been said i think it was a mistake to draft a DE in the 2nd rnd they had already signed A. Smith. They should have drafted a big DT. Why not, because they were depending on T. Johnson, that worked out well. This mistake is similar to a few years ago when they did not draft or sign a big time RB because they were depending on D. Williams. What happened he never came back from injury and they plugged mediocre players in the position. To me it seems that this style of attacking defense rely s on having every defensive player have sound technique and not miss tackles. I think they are asking to much of what was already a mediocre at best defense.

It's not scheme if 1 of your safeties get's caught looking inside & consequently gets out of position (busing) as the rb bounces it off tackle & in the lane where he was supposed to be...

It's not scheme if your safety completely busts his coverage assignment (barber) & forgets to locate the most dangerous player the opposing team has....

It's not scheme if the offensive player just flat out jukes or breaks your player,s tackles (everybody on defense).

Keep in mind all of these plays were made after the defensive call that was made puts 8 or more people in the box.

Those are all on the players...

Ok guys

ARZ vs INdy

We need indy to lose in a big way !!!!!!!!!!!!

o a boy can dream has it stands

Indy 2-1
Jags 1-2
Texans 1-2
TItans 0-3 :goodnight

that the fans came pouring out again showed up in almost *ALL* red, which was by far the best showing of red I have seen in the last few years and we flop again..

Back