Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 18 - Texans vs Colts: The Holding #1 pick all season until the end Bowl?

Dude, it doesn’t matter what you or anyone else here thinks. It’s a QB starved league and somebody’s always looking for a QB. The position is always going to be overdrafted.
I think it would be wrong for anyone to trade up to the #1 spot for either of these QBs

I think it's wrong to tank for the #1 pick for either of these QBs

Even if coaches or GM's want to throw a game for draft position, it's apparent that players still want to win. This may be the only reason the NFL doesn't have a lottery system.

How many teams, and who, will be willing, and can afford, to pay the price of jumping to #1? Any team so inclined will first approach the Texans to see if there is a more affordable deal there. Only if the Texans say no will they approach the Bears. If the Texans want to trade down, they are in the best spot to do so.
There will be multiple teams trying to move up to take Young, and only the team to grab the #1 pick will be guaranteed to get him. That team will get a Kings ransome if they choose to trade down. But once that happens, the #2 pick (Houston's) won't have as much value. We can get a good return on #2, but nothing like if we had #1.
I've seen teams give up 2+ first round picks and more to move up a few spots

Back