Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Week 16 around the NFL

But Texans have a better conference record so it shouldn't come down to common opponents
I think the common opponents thing comes into effect when there is a three way tie.
when that happens, then it doesn’t apply to two teams tied. Something like that.

It was explained to me because they beat the colts and we didnt
Head to head

They have the tie breaker over the Colts and the Jags
So our win over them head to head literally means nothing unless we win out….that’s kind of dumb…right up there with all division winners getting home playoff games even over teams with better records in the wildcard round.

I think the common opponents thing comes into effect when there is a three way tie.
when that happens, then it doesn’t apply to two teams tied. Something like that.
Actually common games is the tie-breaker either way right after head to head and division games. So Texans have the tie breaker all the way

Now that Cincy has lost tonight, the Texans move into the 7 hole and 3 teams from the AFC South currently hold playoff spots.

Jags are in the division lead because of a better record within the division. Indy is ahead of Houston based on H2H. That leaves just Houston and Buffalo at 8-6 for the final spot. Houston is ahead of the Bills there because of a better conference record. Of course the Bills are playing right now. They win and the Texans have to beat Cleveland to move back into the 7 hole.

And just like that, Texans are on the outside looking in. At least until Sunday ... if they win.

Last edited:
Damn, what a poorly designed screen by O'Brien...

Have we heard that before?

Back