Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 13:Texans colts GAME DAY

Riiiiiight i gotcha now.

I'm suprised you expect DW4 to have a good game against the colts defense though. I expect him to have a tough day esp since they don't have to worry about our run game.
Or Fuller beating them over the top. Include into the mix a very inexperienced OC, I'd be somewhat surprised if Watson reaches the 200 yard passing mark in this game.

The Texans aren't down just one WR, they're down three - Fuller (your #1), Cobb (#3) and the recently departed Stills (#4). The best the Texans can hope for in this game is that they come out of it in one piece. Hopefully the line protects Watson very, very well and he learns to throw the ball away. I don't expect he's going to see many opportunities to find anyone open.

Last edited:
Or Fuller beating them over the top. Include into the mix a very inexperienced OC, I'd be somewhat surprised if Watson reaches the 200 yard passing mark in this game.

The Texans aren't down just one WR, they're down three - Fuller (your #1), Cobb (#3) and the recently departed Stills (#4). The best the Texans can hope for in this game is that they come out of it in one piece. Hopefully the line protects Watson very, very well and he learns to throw the ball away. I don't expect he's going to see many opportunities to find anyone open.

I might tinker with the idea of Akins lining up at WR the next couple weeks .... Not full time of course - that along with a lot of two and even three TE Sets which "should" help the run game.

I might tinker with the idea of Akins lining up at WR the next couple weeks .... Not full time of course - that along with a lot of two and even three TE Sets which "should" help the run game.

I like it - but not sure it would help the run game, the TE's seem to be either in the way of the OL (instead of a defender) or getting a penalty when asked to block. I did like the Akins FB handoff last game though.

I expect DW4 to keep up the hot streak he's on against better defenses.

The W/L doesn't really matter since this is a lost season anyways.

My point is if losing 1 player other than your QB shuts an offense down then pay that man regardless of whether he's on roids or not. WFV must be that important.

Can't agree with you on this one, we lost Hopkins before the season started, the Johnson's have been useless and might as well just start blocking, TEs have dropped about everything that was thrown their way and we just cut Stills. The offense hasn't just lost one player they have lost almost every weapon they had. Fuller has been that important because he has been the only WR that actually looked like he belonged on an NFL field. Basically we are where the Pats were last year, no matter how well the QB plays he still has to have someone to throw the ball to.

There are still things about Watson's game that give me pause and make me question if he is the one that can make Houston a contender but I can't blame him when there is no one to throw the ball to. I really wanted to see how this team did against the Colts and Bears because then we could have compared how he did against solid defenses vs swiss cheese defenses. Now even if he does bad there is the argument to be made that he had no one to throw to and honestly that's a fair argument given the current situation. So the enteral question of how good is Watson really continues on.

Can't agree with you on this one, we lost Hopkins before the season started, the Johnson's have been useless and might as well just start blocking, TEs have dropped about everything that was thrown their way and we just cut Stills. The offense hasn't just lost one player they have lost almost every weapon they had. Fuller has been that important because he has been the only WR that actually looked like he belonged on an NFL field. Basically we are where the Pats were last year, no matter how well the QB plays he still has to have someone to throw the ball to.

There are still things about Watson's game that give me pause and make me question if he is the one that can make Houston a contender but I can't blame him when there is no one to throw the ball to. I really wanted to see how this team did against the Colts and Bears because then we could have compared how he did against solid defenses vs swiss cheese defenses. Now even if he does bad there is the argument to be made that he had no one to throw to and honestly that's a fair argument given the current situation. So the enteral question of how good is Watson really continues on.
I expect a fair amount of miscommunication between Watson and the receivers.

The updated ESPN depth chart for the Texans receivers looks like this:

Starter 2nd 3rd 4th
Brandon Cooks Will V Fuller(susp) - -
Keke Coutee Randall Cobb (IR) - -
Isaiah Coulter - - -

That would be manageable. Difficult, but manageable if your running backs weren't Duke Johnson, Prosise, Buddy Howell, and Scottie Phillips.

I agree with you on this. Like I said losing WFV would be the new excuse. BTW, Cooks isn't chopped liver. Hopefully Coutee can step his game up. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Coulter can do. I expect Akins will be playing WR some against the Colts/Bears/Colts.

I agree with you on this. Like I said losing WFV would be the new excuse. BTW, Cooks isn't chopped liver. Hopefully Coutee can step his game up. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Coulter can do. I expect Akins will be playing WR some against the Colts/Bears/Colts.

When eliminating excuses....you shouldn't use the word "hopefully" in your post. Instead, Coutee and Coulter "will absolutely" replace the production of Fuller and Cobb therefore eliminating excuses and the loss of this game can fall squarely on the shoulders of Watson. So I'm looking forward to the game wth high hopes that Coutee and Coulter are prepared to succeed with their opportunity.

TEs have 3 of the top 4 catch rates on the team, and combined have 1 drop. Which makes it more of a mystery why they aren’t in the game plan on a consistent basis.
I know Akins drop two tough, but catchable balls against the Lions. But after the performance against the Patriots, I was expecting more targets to the TEs. I don't understand why every week, it appears the Texans don't build on what worked the previous week. Besides the A gap runs, there is nothing consistent about this offense.

It always feels like instead of using different formations and personnel groupings with the concepts that worked, they are always trying to reinvent the wheel.

When eliminating excuses....you shouldn't use the word "hopefully" in your post. Instead, Coutee and Coulter "will absolutely" replace the production of Fuller and Cobb therefore eliminating excuses and the loss of this game can fall squarely on the shoulders of Watson. So I'm looking forward to the game wth high hopes that Coutee and Coulter are prepared to succeed with their opportunity.
Agree. I don't get the need for making the "excuse" comment. You just lost your WR1 with 897 YDS and 8 TDs. Even with Hopkins, the offense struggled when Fuller was out and BOB never seem to adjust the game plans to account for his absence. Will it be different with Kelly? Will Cooks be able to win his matchup when facing the coverage that Hopkins faced? Will the TEs get involved? Will Coutee duplicate his first game against the Colts?

However, if the expectations are Watson will fail against an "elite" defense and we need to restart the "bad game" counter, you don't care to see the factors.

Last edited:
It might be a wise move to leave Cooks in the WR2 spot so nothing changes for him. Coulter should lineup in the WR1 spot and let Coutee handle the WR3/SWR roles since he's already accustomed to the position. It could make things easier for everyone...especially for Coulter since the defense will shift it's coverage over to Cooks. If it were me......Coulter gets the first pass of the game downfield while everyone else cuts routes between 5-7 yards. This could be the quickest way to see how Coulter will handle 1 on 1 coverage.

Agree. I don't get the need for making the "excuse" comment. You just lost your WR1 with 897 YDS and 8 TDs. Even with Hopkins, the offense struggled when Fuller was out and BOB never seem to adjust the game plans to account for his absence. Will it be different with Kelly? Will Cooks be able to win his mismatch when facing the coverage that Hopkins faced? Will the TEs get involved? Will Coutee duplicate his first game against the Colts?

However, if the expectations are Watson will fail against an "elite" defense and we need to restart the "bad game" counter, you don't care to see the factors.

Nope DW4 gets a pass for the rest of the season unless there's a close game and he craps the bed.

I know Akins drop two tough, but catchable balls against the Lions. But after the performance against the Patriots, I was expecting more targets to the TEs. I don't understand why every week, it appears the Texans don't build on what worked the previous week. Besides the A gap runs, there is nothing consistent about this offense.

It always feels like instead of using different formations and personnel groupings with the concepts that worked, they are always trying to reinvent the wheel.
I'm curious. Is the a gap located between Martin's thighs? 1st dang play last week, running back gets whiplash as he's slams into the fleshy cheeks of the centers' wind tunnel.

I'm curious. Is the a gap located between Martin's thighs? 1st dang play last week, running back gets whiplash as he's slams into the fleshy cheeks of the centers' wind tunnel.
I wanted the Texans to sign Adrian Peterson. With his running style, I wanted to see how many times he would leave cleat marks on the OL's backs and legs before they figured they have to move for self preservation.

Last edited:
I expect a fair amount of miscommunication between Watson and the receivers.

The updated ESPN depth chart for the Texans receivers looks like this:

Starter 2nd 3rd 4th
Brandon Cooks Will V Fuller(susp) - -
Keke Coutee Randall Cobb (IR) - -
Isaiah Coulter - - -

That would be manageable. Difficult, but manageable if your running backs weren't Duke Johnson, Prosise, Buddy Howell, and Scottie Phillips.
I am hoping that Watson Works in his tight ends a bit more. I really want to see Keke Coutee going deep. And I want to see what Coulter can do.

I am hoping that Watson Works in his tight ends a bit more. I really want to see Keke Coutee going deep. And I want to see what Coulter can do.
Agree with the TEs, but I don't want to see Coutee deep. That's not his game. I would prefer him to have a Wes Welker/Julian Edelman type game in the slot where he is moving the chains, catching quick passes and being a substitute for the terrible running game.

Here is the Colts' game from Coutee's rookie year. I'll take similar production.

Agree with the TEs, but I don't want to see Coutee deep. That's not his game. I would prefer him to have a Wes Welker/Julian Edelman type game in the slot where he is moving the chains, catching quick passes and being a substitute for the terrible running game.

Here is the Colts' game from Coutee's rookie year. I'll take similar production.

I'm hoping we see Coutee running the routes Cobb ran. Cooks run the deep routes and Akins to run the intermediate routes. Although there will probably be a drop off being so new and not as good, the drop off shouldn't be to drastic. That is my optimistic view. Hopefully Coutee quits turning the ball over and runs the right routes.

With Channel 11 and AT&T doing their own version of the Dems vs Repubs I predict we may be staring at a blank TV screen Sunday instead of enjoying a televised broadcast
of the Texans-Colts game.

With Channel 11 and AT&T doing their own version of the Dems vs Repubs I predict we may be staring at a blank TV screen Sunday instead of enjoying a televised broadcast
I'll say this. I retired from AT&T & have always tried to support them. I have Uverse & right now channel 11 is off the air. If I miss the Texan game come Monday I'll have Comcast.

I'll say this. I retired from AT&T & have always tried to support them. I have Uverse & right now channel 11 is off the air. If I miss the Texan game come Monday I'll have Comcast.
Yea we too are on U-verse here in Clear Lake as my wife is also an AT&T retirery. So is it your opinion that AT&T is the bigger sinner here ?

All Texans games are streamed free on both NFL and Yahoo apps.

Locally, that is. Or wherever the Texans are being shown on the national map, which varies week to week.

Fox sometimes doesn't come in very well on my antenna. Local stations for PBS and FOX are both like that for me. But I get excellent reception for the other "big three" stations. When the Texans game is broadcast on Fox I have to mute it because of the constant popping sound and sound breaks from the reception. Which, I will have to admit, makes the viewing better in some cases. LOL

I can disconnect my Comcast cable and still watch the Houston channels. Is that an option for you? You should be able to receive major Houston channels without any type of the service provider.

I can disconnect my Comcast cable and still watch the Houston channels. Is that an option for you? You should be able to receive major Houston channels without any type of the service provider.
Without an antenna ?

Without an antenna ?
Yes. When I relocated after Hurricane Ike Comcast did not show to install and I watched Texans with no antenna Direct Tv began next day. Upon retirement in 2013 I went with Comcastc and have twice watched TV when Comcast out.

TBH, I have not had to do so for several years but see no reason it would not work, at least enough to watch game.

Really!? Nationally, people have more faith in the Texans, than actual Texans fans.

af21da308edfdc5cab50ceb2fd89db7a.jpg

" An explosive playmaker from the slot. Has elite acceleration and very good top end speed to his game. Eats into defensive backs’ cushion with smooth and noticeable burst. Will run away from defenders in man on drag routes."

From Our Lads...Keke your starting WR today

Back