Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Week 13 Around the NFL

I’m an Oilers/Texans fan who always cheers for the teams from Texas when the Houston teams aren’t there. Why did I mention this…..b/c I absolutely dig it when the Cowboys include the red stripe on their helmet.

Like the comments about my Bengals. My son and I went down to the game and despite being a little chilly, we had a blast. What a game !!!
I don't care about comparables or who someone thinks is the best QB in the league. I'm just happy we have Joe Burrow.
Chiefs fans were complaining about the refs and how they gave the game to the Bengals. Ok, believe that if it makes you happy.
Fact is, we have beat them 3 times in a row now and left points on the field. 4th and 1 miss (great defensive play) and a TD drop by Boyd.
My Bengals might not have been the best team all season long, but they are playing like it now when it matters the most.

I can tell you first hand that I am thankful for a few things as a Bengals fan...
- We sucked at the right time, resulting in being able to draft Burrow and him not busting.
- Burrow got hurt his rookie season, resulting is us sucking again and being able to draft Chase and him not busting.
- The front office turning most operating procedures over to Mike Brown's daughter, resulting in above average free agents coming to town.

It's not enough to simply tank for the top pick. There has to be a player worth taking and you have to hope he's not a bust.
One huge crap shoot, that we are LUCKY worked out well for us. Changed the whole direction of the organization.
The Bengals during Lewis era were pretty good at drafting. I know for a fact that the owner is cheap, but he puts the scouting in the hands of the coaches which could be a bonus. I thought they had a great chance with Carson and gang, but Carson wasn't the same after that knee injury and that big play wr died. Point being, with 1 year of college production, nobody really knew Burrow was that dude.

I’m an Oilers/Texans fan who always cheers for the teams from Texas when the Houston teams aren’t there. Why did I mention this…..b/c I absolutely dig it when the Cowboys include the red stripe on their helmet.
The red stripe was pretty cool. I read this was only the either second or third time using the bicentennial helmet and in doing so which was part of the Salute to Service honor. The cheerleaders also wore the stripes on the backs of their boots.

Last edited:
The Bengals during Lewis era were pretty good at drafting. I know for a fact that the owner is cheap, but he puts the scouting in the hands of the coaches which could be a bonus. I thought they had a great chance with Carson and gang, but Carson wasn't the same after that knee injury and that big play wr died. Point being, with 1 year of college production, nobody really knew Burrow was that dude.
I was never a fan of Marvin Lewis. We should all be so lucky to keep a job for so long, yet suck at it as much as he did.

Here's what I know as an absolute. While, as you say, "Nobody really knew Burrow was that dude" the Bengals knew he was THEIR dude. He was their dude from the time they knew they had the first pick locked up until the time they drafted him. All the talk about other players and other positions was absolutely not true. They never waivered once on the direction they were going and despite the offers thrown at them, stuck with what they knew. Burrow was going to be a Bengal and nothing interfered at any point.

Nobody may have known Burrow was that dude, but the Bengals were the closest thing to it.

Back