Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

We just snapped a bad habit!

G

[[Gary Kubiak]]

12 game road losing streak!!!!!!

Losing that many games on the road is so disheartening! I am glad it is over. That was almost 2 years of not winning!

that was an important win...we've had a lot of blown leads in our histroy, and our offense finnaly being able to run out the clock is big for morale

[[Gary Kubiak]];497302 said:
12 game road losing streak!!!!!!

How sweet it is!! :yahoo: :redtowel:

It was nice to see the team show some grit on the road for a change, too. They really played a good, hard game of football against a team that really wanted to beat us. It's great to see the determination, and I think this could really be a building block in their mentality towards the future.

We snapped the bad habit of losing on the road and losing close ones.

You know what that means, don't you? It means we're gonna get slaughtered at home next week. :tease:

That was a BIG gamble on 4th down and on our side of the field. Coach K is coaching like he has a pair:shades: :shades: That shows he has a lot of confidence in the team. And the team responded well.

[[Gary Kubiak]];498012 said:
Lets me just say this a again guys cause I dont think people know what we accomplished here.

There are only 8 games in the road in one season.... coming into this game we lost 12 road games straight. That aint a "monkey" of our backs or a "cow" on our backs as Chester Pitts put it....... that was F'N godzilla.

4 games road losing streak is bad
6 games you reall start to worry
12 games you start to wonder if your eveg gonna win one.

This could be a turning point of the franchise.

We can hope it is. Next road game New York Jets right?(to lazy to check) We did play the G-men in a close one had Cook not fumbled we may have pulled that one out. Now a win in Jacville, a sweep of a div. rival, confidence has to be on the upswing just need to lick our wounds and get ready for Buffalo win this week and we have a streak going. (granted it would only be a 2 game streak but a baby one is better than none at all)

That was a BIG gamble on 4th down and on our side of the field. Coach K is coaching like he has a pair:shades: :shades: That shows he has a lot of confidence in the team. And the team responded well.

I agree to an extent...but also think about the many injuries we had on defense. TJ was out, Sanders was out, Peek was out, and Mario isnt 100%. Plus the Jags had emotion and momentum on their side. I think that played a major factor in his decision to make that call. Even if we tied and went to OT, Carr and Weigert were out, making it even harder to win.

While I love that we won...at what cost did it come. We were missing pieces before...but now its gaping holes. I see no good DT's, nagging injuries for Mario and Peek, our LB's (except Ryans) looked alright on Sunday...but still far from stellar, our nickle corner Sanders is out, and Earl/Simmons are hurt. Then on offense, Weigert is out which gives our line absolutely 0 depth. Like none...its dire. Plus we are assuming DC is going to be good enough to play next Sunday.

Is anyone else worried what we are going to do the rest of the season? While I agree with many of the cuts...its really biting us in the ass right now. Hopefully we see alot of new additions this week.

what I appreciated about this win is it took total team effort, every player had to perform & compete to execute assignments, even the Jag's (WR's) assisted. Kubiak has done a good job of enabling players to be successful & now the results reflect that process.

I was asked after the outcome was secured "was'nt this game more important to the Jaguars" (making a bid for postseason) responding, "no this is just as important to the Texans" sweeping Jacksonville (at this stage) is like winning in the postseason and verification Kubiak has turned the corner of the former expansion franchise :marionaner:

Is anyone else worried what we are going to do the rest of the season?.

It ain't gonna be easy - but is it ever for our Texans?

I think this was a big game for the players' confidence and attitude. They will find a way to win if it is at all humanly possible unlike past games. Now the Texans know they can win under difficult circumstances and that goes a long way toward future wins. :marionaner:

Let's just hope at least a couple of the injured players can still play next week.

Back