Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wand vs. Rice

F-minus67

Veteran
So did anyone notice how our boy did against the pass rushing force know as Simeon Rice? I mean I'd call Wand giving up sack a victory.

I think he did pretty well againts Rice, but I believe it was Wand that let the LB get to David and caused that INT he threw to Edwards. I also noticed they put a TE to help him on a couple of plays, but still he had a good showing. I can see why the coaches wanted to get him on the field.

Actually it was Moran Norris that missed the LB acording to the Chronic, but whether he missed or not, he has done pretty darn well in pre-season. It will be interesting to see if he can keep it up when the intensity increases with the regular season. I suspect he will do pretty well. Not perfect, but reasonable, probably about to the level that Pitt had last year. By next year I think he will be VERY solid and MAYBE after that a probowl level player.

Perhaps Wand passed him off to Norris. Either way the left side let the pressure get to Carr, but I agree he will do a good job this season. If he continues to improve at his current rate we very well could have a solid LT for years to come.

Back