Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wali Lundy, crazy life.............

Hulk75

Veteran
Did any of you hear the story on Wali Lundy just a couple days back, his Mother and Father both died when he was around 12 and then he almost died from some scar tissue on his appendix I believe, and then his brother died not to far back.................Very sad but a very strong kid, that puts his faith in God, he said thats what gets him through all that has happened to him.

If this has been here before you guys can earse it, but I am rooting for this kid to make the squad and do well, he was very productive in College and thats what Kubiak liked about him................

Hulk75 said:
Did any of you hear the story on Wali Lundy just a couple days back, his Mother and Father both died when he was around 12 and then he almost died from some scar tissue on his appendix I believe, and then his brother died not to far back.................Very sad but a very strong kid, that puts his faith in God, he said thats what gets him through all that has happened to him.

If this has been here before you guys can earse it, but I am rooting for this kid to make the squad and do well, he was very productive in College and thats what Kubiak liked about him................

Do you have a link in which this story came from?

I find it interesting that The Texans are coming around nicely. I think they are getting the right people that have it both on the inside and outside.

Wow, to overcome all of that with a positive attitude, he has alot of strength. I think that Iron Will will translate to success in the NFL, he just doesn't give up. I will be cheering him on.

Hulk75 said:

Thanks for sharing, I love stories like this.

Hulk75 said:

Great post! I read the link and this kid has been through alot. I'll be pulling for him too!

At the draft luncheon, Casserly told about an on-going joke between him and Kubiak about how they could get any old running back from the 6th round, and Kubiak could plug him in and get success.

Wali was a 6th round pick. Early reports suggest that he is a Kubiak kinda runner.

Yeah, definitely a kleenex kinda bio.

Wow, first the story about Mario offering to give up football to support his brother's family after he was KIA in Iraq, now this one....

Go Lundy!!! You have a shot to own this town...we love guys like you! :redtowel:

Texans_Chick said:
At the draft luncheon, Casserly told about an on-going joke between him and Kubiak about how they could get any old running back from the 6th round, and Kubiak could plug him in and get success.

Wali was a 6th round pick. Early reports suggest that he is a Kubiak kinda runner.

Yeah, definitely a kleenex kinda bio.
Build your offense on the first day of the draft then take a back every year on the second day except for the years when someone exceptional falls. If Lundy plays well he will be one of the cornerstone stories that will surround the start of the Kubiak era.

Assuming Lundy impresses the team as much as it sounds like he he has, I wonder how he fits. 3 talibacks are the norm, but I wonder if Morancy stays with the team. It asking a lot for him to change to the style of the scheme.
If they do a lot of 3 wrs sets, Cook could be the only fb. That would open the door for Lundy. Practice squad might be more practical. Either way, I agree the future looks bright for Lundy!!!

cj5776 said:
Assuming Lundy impresses the team as much as it sounds like he he has, I wonder how he fits. 3 talibacks are the norm, but I wonder if Morancy stays with the team. It asking a lot for him to change to the style of the scheme.
If they do a lot of 3 wrs sets, Cook could be the only fb. That would open the door for Lundy. Practice squad might be more practical. Either way, I agree the future looks bright for Lundy!!!
Heard he has been running with the 1st team every once in a while.:spy:

I really think that Morency gets traded or cut and Lundy becomes the backup to DD. Smith and then another back situtional back, either Bennit or a fb/rb tweener, would round out the five.

I made a post on Buy/Sell a month ago or so..

Lundy will make the team and become one of Kubiacs favorite players..If DD gets hurt Lundy will start.

Next guy sold but i don't blame him, it's a long shot, but I got a feeling about this kid. I hope i'm right.

Vinny said:
Build your offense on the first day of the draft then take a back every year on the second day except for the years when someone exceptional falls. If Lundy plays well he will be one of the cornerstone stories that will surround the start of the Kubiak era.

well said :) and the reason why the Texans should of taken a QB named Vince Young.......except the chance to draft a stud defensive end came along the kind you don't get a chance to add to your team everyday :mario:

the very reason & crux of the matter why the Texans passed on Reggie Bush :stirpot:

Well I can't believe Lundy lived through many things. Dang, I'm just glad that now he's a Texan football player.

cj5776 said:
I really think that Morency gets traded or cut and Lundy becomes the backup to DD. Smith and then another back situtional back, either Bennit or a fb/rb tweener, would round out the five.

Morency ain't going anywhere. Geeez. Change up a staff, have a new draft, and now all of the sudden who needs Morency?! Now we're awarding roster spots/positions based upon hard luck stories?! Uggh. Absolutely ridiculous.

Master Po said:
Morency ain't going anywhere. Geeez. Change up a staff, have a new draft, and now all of the sudden who needs Morency?! Now we're awarding roster spots/positions based upon hard luck stories?! Uggh. Absolutely ridiculous.

Just taking about roster space and not Lundy, how do you explain the trade for Bennit. That would have given them four RBs (DD, Bennit, Smith, and Morency). Only three ways that can happen A.Cook is the only FB B.They cut another position to have 6 RB/FBs C.One of the current RB goes, and it has been noted that Morrancy is not used to making one cut, he has more of a shifty style.
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GUESS?????????

cj5776 said:
Just taking about roster space and not Lundy, how do you explain the trade for Bennit. That would have given them four RBs (DD, Bennit, Smith, and Morency). Only three ways that can happen A.Cook is the only FB B.They cut another position to have 6 RB/FBs C.One of the current RB goes, and it has been noted that Morrancy is not used to making one cut, he has more of a shifty style.
WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GUESS?????????

Oh, and they are trying out two more running backs today: Link

Kubiak likes competition within the team, he thinks it makes them stronger. His system is very running oriented so he's gonna be looking at a lot of guys.

It is June 1. It is too early to tell squat. Morency was taught the one cut style last year but he is still young and maybe too eager to show the coach his skillz.

One way or another, my guess is that Kubiak is gonna put the best guys on the field for his system.

Just looking stylistically Lundy looks to be more of a Kubiak back than Morency but geez it is June, I don't want to even think this way.

Master Po said:
Thats a bit much..........that is one persons opinion, he is not the GM. So who cares?

Texans_Chick said:
Oh, and they are trying out two more running backs today: Link

Just looking stylistically Lundy looks to be more of a Kubiak back than Morency but geez it is June, I don't want to even think this way.

Of course you're right but... I still like catch to the trade winds before they happen, i.e. Ragone, I have no proof but my gut feeling tells me they tried to trade him. Wasn't he signed to a contract extenstion and then 3 months latter got cut? Why not trade Morency? DD needs a solid backup and Smith can not handle that type of load and Morency is not proven enough, especially with the one cut style. Four rbs is not the norm, but we will see. I just do not want to see Morency getting cut without getting anything for him.

look, it was said around draft time that lundy is a one cut runner, he's one of the legos that kubiak needed to build our offense. He definitely has the potential to flourish in Kube's system. Now we wait and see.

So, I suggest we do the Wali Wave in the stadium when we are at home. 70,000 fans can yell "Go Wali, GO!" I will look awfully silly if I am the only one. A wave is just not a wave with only one person. Sort of like the Macarena.

PowerfulDragon said:
look, it was said around draft time that lundy is a one cut runner, he's one of the legos that kubiak needed to build our offense. He definitely has the potential to flourish in Kube's system. Now we wait and see.

Not to sound like a broken record, but the question remains, if Lundy does make the final roster, is one of the MAD trio (Morency, Antowian Smith, DD) let go or do we have 4 rbs on the roster.

cj5776 said:
Not to sound like a broken record, but the question remains, if Lundy does make the final roster, is one of the MAD trio (Morency, Antowian Smith, DD) let go or do we have 4 rbs on the roster.

that's for kubiak to decide. :fireball:

I though that was the point of message boards like this, to predict what Kubes will decide. Unless you are one of those fans who just likes to stares at pictures of the Texans and decides who looks fat, ha ha. :hides:

What ever works for you, but I just do not enjoy spending my free time by checking out guys, ha ha.

cj5776 said:

We had four last year, so it's not unheard of. At least I know we kept four at the beginning of the season, I don't remember when we released Hollings, but I think it was after the season was over.

We had 4 rb and 1 fb. Even though Wells was one of the four he was considered a backup fullback. Which was why I wondered why the Texans do not have a RBs that can be the backup FB. (I really see Q Hill as more of a practice squad guy). Then it hit me, some of the TEs can be the backup FB!!!! So the fourth rb does not have to a rb/fb tweener, but instead a return guy!!!!

Hape was not added to the team until Mathis went down. He has not been on a roster since training camp of 05

Back