Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Wade too nice

beerlover

Hall of Fame
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...n-brings-toughness-that-wade-phillips-lacked/ :)

Having Ryan around is a sharp contrast from former Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips, who ran the team’s defense until he was fired midway through last season. Phillips has a reputation as one of the nicest coaches in the league, but the Cowboys’ defense seems to be inspired by having a coordinator who would rather talk about beating people’s asses than be known as a nice guy.

here is a new word for Texans (Wade Phillips) its not soft. It's Nice.

Bum did pretty well without screaming and getting in players jerseys & as DC so has our guy. I want improved players & expect to get them.

This was not meant as a shot off the bow against Wade, it's more about his former team players impressions. Question is who quit on who? Was it because Wade's a nice guy & didn't get in players faces when they lost or do players need this to play the game they get paid millions (in most cases) to play 100% :wadepalm:

Is niiice!
Borat.gif

This was not meant as a shot off the bow against Wade, it's more about his former team players impressions. Question is who quit on who? Was it because Wade's a nice guy & didn't get in players faces when they lost or do players need this to play the game they get paid millions (in most cases) to play 100% :wadepalm:

I never expected Wade to be in Dallas long. Most people didn't. He had early success though and I was happy for him even though I hated that Cowboys team like no other when they had TO and Pac Man on there. Wade was way to nice of a guy for all of those types of personalities that Jerry brought in there. Wade is not HC material in my eyes and I think a coach like him is a better fit for being on a team with a fiery HC that isn't a sweet old man. That's one reason why I think he was a great fit in SD with Shotteheimer. I wasn't happy when he was hired here for Kubes, because we've had the same problems Dallas had last season playing undisciplined. I would have much rather had Rob Ryan personally, but Wade is a good DC, so we'll just have to see how things pan out.

Wade's resume as a DC speaks for itself. And his personality has always been laid back, so obviously being nice or mean has very little to do with being a good coach.

First d-coord under Smithiak era was somebody who had worn a construction helmet painted in Oilers colors and yelled and rah-rah'd all the time.

Kubiak doesn't get Buddy Rex Rob Ryan animated during games, so it actually fits the pattern that Wade is laid back too.

And the guys in the locker room say that the Kubiak you see on gamedays, on the sideline, is not the guy who is berating them and pointing things out--in pointed fashion--behind the scenes.

Tom Landry, it's been said, was a stoic figure on the sideline...but he could say and do things that would make grown men cry.

Demonstrative behavior is a leadership style that leads form an authoritarian leadership base. If you overuse it, you lose the people you're trying inspire. Rah-rah stuff works when you're winning, it alienates when you suck.

Yeah. Nice guys win, and firey guys can be unsuccessful. It's how good you are at your job and how much talent you have.

Well to me, at some point....it becomes shut up old man. Because you're nice about what you're trying to convey doesn't mean you suck. In fact, being a prick about knowing something, acting holier than thou all the time is pretty much what I imagine playing for Rex Ryan is like. Yeah, I hear it too, guys would run through a brick wall for him. I call BS on that.

What crap quality players you have if you say, "Here is the technique we are using. Do this, this but don't do that. Ready, steady, go." And they go "**** THAT NICE MOTHER****ER!!!!!!"

Or if you constantly walk around boasting and acting like you own the world and all your players go, "DAAAAAAAAAAANG LOOK AT THAT TRIBAL TAT, I WANNA RUN THROUGH A BRICK WALL FOR OLD MEN WITH TRIBAL TATTOOS!!!!"

Frankly, you need to be somewhere right in the middle.

Well to me, at some point....it becomes shut up old man. Because you're nice about what you're trying to convey doesn't mean you suck. In fact, being a prick about knowing something, acting holier than thou all the time is pretty much what I imagine playing for Rex Ryan is like. Yeah, I hear it too, guys would run through a brick wall for him. I call BS on that.

What crap quality players you have if you say, "Here is the technique we are using. Do this, this but don't do that. Ready, steady, go." And they go "**** THAT NICE MOTHER****ER!!!!!!"

Or if you constantly walk around boasting and acting like you own the world and all your players go, "DAAAAAAAAAAANG LOOK AT THAT TRIBAL TAT, I WANNA RUN THROUGH A BRICK WALL FOR OLD MEN WITH TRIBAL TATTOOS!!!!"

Frankly, you need to be somewhere right in the middle.

Two AFC Championships in his first two seasons as HC is nothing to sneeze at. His style is working.

Two AFC Championships in his first two seasons as HC is nothing to sneeze at. His style is working.

His team is talented. Take a loud mouth coach and a shitty team and you've got the Mike Singletary led 49ers. The Jets do anything less than another AFC championship visit and (especially the people in NY) people will get tired of the schtick real quick.

Besides, I have no doubt he plays up to the cameras. I would imagine he's a lot different without the world and their expectations watching.

Just like I bet Kubiak will get pissed on the practice field, come up afterwards to the cameras and do his aww-shucks routine.

Furthermore, anyone thinking Wade is a bag of pansy, look at his coaches. Even if Wade soft-spokenly says get'r done, he's got loud mouths like Bill Kollar and Reggie Herring to "enforce" it.

Never played football but as a former Marine, I have served under both types. I will do more for someone like Wade than someone like Ryan. Even if it is done to make me better, I would bear resentment for the in my face dudee.

Back